Billy Mays (1958-2009)

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html?mep

This month is getting sadder and sadder. With MJ, I was shocked and a wee bit sad. But Billy Mays, not only am I shocked, but I haven’t been this sad since Steve Irwin’s death.

R.I.P. Billy Mays
July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009 (Age: 50)

No, no, NO! No more 2009 deaths! Gasp! And he was 50, just like Michael Jackson!

It’s a curse! Beware of the curse! Beware of the curse!

~ Flare

I was shocked to hear this. It’s going to be hard to imagine television advertising without him. I see those OxiClean commercials pratically every day. What’s also very tragic is that he recently made a guest appearance on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien with Anthony Sullivan. I’m a Tonight Show junkie, and he was as great at demonstrating products on the show as we always was.

May he reast in peace.

Dang it, now I feel bad. I always gripe about how he’s yelling at the consumer to buy products and this happens. God, this is just a horrible week, isn’t it?

R.I.P.

Twis sad, isn’t it?

I’m not so worked up over the Michael Jackson death, but Billy Mays? He was the greatest. Yes, he got in your face, but he was the first to get in your face. At least we have the ShamWOW guy to carry on the show :frowning:

His death makes it even more awkward at my house because my step dad looks like he could be Mays’ twin (It’s kinda scary actually).

Aww man… I loved that guy…

He’s one of the “cooler” pitchmen.
Even though yeah the yelling and all, but I agree with FounderofAzn, this really has been a bad week :frowning:

I am really going to miss Billy Mays. He was arguably the best, most enthusiastic TV advertising personalities I have ever seen.

I believe in Heaven so I believe he is in a better place.

R.I.P. Billy Mays.

RIP Billy Mays! You were one of the best TV pitchmen of all time :frowning: .