Pixar Planet

Books

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Re: Books

Postby johnnyy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:43 pm

I just finished Mona Lisa Overdrive from William Gibson's The Sprawl Trilogy.
johnnyy
Ant

Postby cherry00 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm

I just ended reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. The story is described so realistically that it seems to you that you are also now in Australia and watching the events. Every story of the main characters touches the soul and you are sincerely worried about them. It is an engaging story filled with murder and mystery. The idea is very interesting. On the first page you will find out that the murder happened. But throughout the story, you have no idea who is the victim. At the same time, the genre cannot be called a detective story. A fascinating book about relationships.
cherry00
Ant

Postby SunnyLeslie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

A wonderful cognitive thread. I will definitely review all the messages and will certainly choose a whole list of books to read.

I am currently reading the third volume from Theodore Dreiser's Trilogy of Desire, the novel The Stoic. The trilogy is not read very quickly, because the plot is quite calm and when reading these books I do not catch myself on the fact that the book dragged on until 2 am. The trilogy is very interesting, you definitely need to get acquainted with it, but this is not the kind of literature that can be read avidly.
SunnyLeslie

Postby looneyhans » Fri May 21, 2021 4:24 am

you know ive been wondering why there isnt much talking about this aluminum welding portland
looneyhans
Garbage Boy

Postby jackramirez » Mon May 31, 2021 5:40 am

You’ll find it funny, but I love reading on the toilet. I don't have much time for this (as you can imagine), but I love to read, and it is in the toilet. The last book I read was the Master and Margarita. Yes, I read this book for a long time (because I usually sit in the toilet no longer than 15 minutes), but I finished it anyway.

If this offended anyone, I apologize.
jackramirez

Postby cherry00 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 am

I’ve read a book called "Little Women" by Louise May Alcott. The novel is about four sisters, their life, friendship, growing up. In short, for me it’s a one-time book. Of course, today the book will seem very boring for modern young girls. There is not even a storyline here. Description of their boring measured life, their worries, children's desires. Although it would be useful for them to read, because children's selfishness is still relevant today. This book is also suitable for a more adult female audience, there is something to think about child-rearing. The story is not modern at all, and the book is not very exciting, but I do not regret having read it. A recommendation only for lovers of women's classics.
cherry00
Ant

Postby DunnoXUAmI » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:37 am

Guys, I want to buy some shooting books. Does anyone know of any online stores where you can buy such a book? It's just that I'm not very good at them and I need good advice.
DunnoXUAmI
Ant

Postby tot3ntanZz » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:40 am

Chances are your love of guns and shooting isn’t just confined to the range.
It can bleed over into your other interests, and influences the movies and tv shows you watch as well as the books you read.

Thankfully, whether you’re looking to read a book that will make you a better shooter (with pistol, rifle, or shotgun), a better hunter, or just a more conscientious and legally-minded gun owner, there are a number of great books out there that you can read.

Unfortunately, there’s also a lot of crap, and the crap definitely outnumbers the good stuff.

My shooting books top:
1. Vicker’s Guides – Larry Vickers
2. Long Range Shooting Handbook – Ryan Cleckner
3. Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right to Self-Defense – Massad Ayoob
4. Green Eyes, Black Rifles – Kyle Lamb
5. How to Shoot Like a Navy Seal: Combat Marksmanship Fundamentals – Chris Sajnog

Hope I helped you! :D
tot3ntanZz
Ant

Previous

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books