Star Trek

Did you like star trek?

• yes
  • no
  • Yes yes yes [i am a trekkie]
  • not that much
  • it was ok

0 voters

This was an amazing movie! I don’t have time to talk about it now but i think it will win something at the oscars

Star Trek was amazing! I gave it four stars. I found that it had just the right amount of action, and humour, (as stated in my current signature). I also really enjoyed the score, (music), by Michael Giacchino, and the cast - who all gave solid performances.

EVE,
One Movie, Five Views.

As somebody who has never been that much of a Star Trek fan, I was really impressed by this film. Each of the actors were brilliantly cast, most notably Zachary Quinto as Spock and Karl Urban as Bones.

The action sequences were also excellent, especially for a Stark Trek film. Ships aren’t just staring at one another, waiting for somebody to fire the next shot. Here, they’re swooping past eachother and diving under chunks of ship debris; it’s just a ton of fun to watch.

This is definitely my second favorite film of the year so far (with Coraline sitting firmly at the #1 spot of not only the year, but of all time), and personally one of the best science-fiction movies I’ve ever seen.

If you meant the movie, I voted the ‘yes’ option! :slight_smile:
Trust me people, it’s good as the reviews have been saying. This is ain’t no Dragonball, this is the real deal!

I was thinking “This is gonna be so lame”, but I came out of the theatre with a goofy grin on my face and a burning desire to watch the TV series (And yes, FYI, I’m not a fan of the show to begin with. Never watched an episode. Ever).
For J.J. Abrams and Co. to have won over a non-believer is an achievement in itself. The action is amazing, the characters had great developments, the storyline is though-provoking, everything about it was just about as perfect for a TV show adaptation to the big screen. They’ve managed to take a niche culture in geekdom and made it palatable for the mainstream, so I must commend them for that.

And yes, Mr Giachinno has done it again, with a fantastic score that will raise your spirits and tingle your spine! The last time the dynamic duo teamed up was for M:I:3, which was also a fantastic sequel.

Of course, some of the fans will point out inconsistencies and will nitpick it to death, but for someone who has always laughed the Vulcan salute, I couldn’t care less about the anomalies, and it’s a good introduction to the series for newbies (and a much better origins story than Wolverine, I’m guessing).

I think this is the first decent blockbuster of the summer this year! No, scratch that, the best film of 2009 for me so far (although there’s so many good ones coming out soon, that view will change, but for the moment, it’s at the top of my list) :smiley:

I gave up on Star Trek a long time ago. As far as I was concerned, the franchise went completely downhill with mandatory political-correctness themes and appealing to the “baywatch” demographic to save their show from crappy ratings (Voyager and beyond).

So I went into this movie, expecting it to suck.

I’m happy to say I was wrong.

i love the scottish guy
i loved [spoil]when everyone was silent but the he blurts out i like this ship![/spoil]

I loved Star Trek and it was great when Kirk became captain what favourite bits in the movie did you like :smiley:

This could very well become a classic line. (Don’t read if you haven’t seen the movie.) [spoil]When the Romulan guard picks up Kirk and he is taunting him saying that he can’t do or say anything, and then Kirk replies, “I’ve got your gun.”, and shoots him with it. [/spoil]

that made me laugh soo hard. I think the begening was a great opening :smiley:

I am a major trekkie and I loved the hell out of this!!!

See my full review up now @ http://www.filmwins.blogspot.com!!! (Check out the other reviews, too!!! That means you, OM,FV!!!)

I love that line too, OMFV! :smiley: One of the coolest one-liners in the film!
Aw, I missed the first few minutes (thanks to ‘group inertia’), but I arrived just when Nero issues a command to the leader of the Kelvin to board his ship. :frowning:
Wow, a perfect ten for Star Trek, TS2? Well, I don’t know whether you think of Star Trek as better (‘film’-wise) than The Dark Knight (IMO, I thought the latter was better), but I have to agree that as a summer movie, ST is the king! :slight_smile:

Apparently R2-D2 has a cameo somewhere:
slashfilm.com/2009/05/15/r2- … -in-space/

And it looks like the sequel has been given the green-light:
mtv.com/movies/news/articles … tory.jhtml

Excellent film. Emotional, action-packed, with lots of humor. What more do you need?

I’m not what could be called a trekker yet, (I’ve only seen about two espisodes and two films… (First Contact is amazing) ) but I’m in progress :laughing:

Good to hear you liked the movie too, Luke. :slight_smile:

For any fans of Up, you’re gonna LOVE this! :smiley:

Up Trek TV Spot

This guy is also very good at other trailer mash-ups (especially those of The Dark Knight), if you have check out his other vids. :wink:

Cool vid TDiT

I loved this movie since the day i heard it had Zachary Quinto!

Then when i saw it i got a major crush on Captain Kirk (Chris Pine)

I read all of your most recent reviews TS2. I personally like the written format better anyways, as you can give more of your opinions that way. Also it can be read at your own pace.

You have a good review of Star Trek, and I see that you ended up giving a higher rating than the original 8.75/10 that you had had on here. Your other reviews are also well written. Just a professional tip would be to run everything through a spell-checker. I know whenever I forget to, I always accidentally upload things with typos… One time I had typed in the wrong row on the keyboard and had a few words that weren’t real, so yeah, it’s important to double-check.

I also notice that we seem to have differing opinions on the Sherlock Holmes trailer. We’d written something about it over at our site, so it was really interesting reading your perspective. Keep up the good work with the website. :slight_smile:

EVE,
One Movie, Five Views.

Well I just got back from seeing Star Trek, and it was awesome.

points to current sig quotes OMG YES! A million times yes! Anyone who’s noticed what I’ve been talking about on deviantArt or Facebook knows I’ve totally gone off the deep end for this movie! For anyone who hasnt and is interested, here’s an excerpt from my current dA journal:

As of now I’ve watched 15 episodes of the original series. All I can say is, despite the laughable effects (heck, it was the 60s. cant condemn them for that) i can totally see the appeal! Both Leonard’s and Zachary’s Spocks = epic win! I love Spock so much!

I saw this film last week and I have to say it was top notch. Great script, great story over all, great effects and design, great score by Mikey G! I absolutely loved it. I’m glad it’s successful, but why wouldn’t it be, it’s Star Trek.
I’ve never really been a fan, but the reboot was great!
5 out of 5!
Buuuuuuuuuut…
I’m sure I’ll love Up tons more and it’ll blow Star Trek out of the water.

lennonluvr9: Spock (and by extension, Leonard Nimoy) was awesome! Cold, rational, unemotional logic. His character arc, along with Captain Kirk, were one of the highlights of the movie.

So it’ll be a 6 out of 5 then, martini? :wink:

Well, most of Pixar’s movies (if not all at times) are ranked 5 out of 5 in my book, there are just higher 5 out of 5 than others believe it or not. :stuck_out_tongue:
Hahah.
6 out of 5 would be hard to get… let me calculate that. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: