Movie that wasn't what you thought it was

Have you ever waited week after week for a movie to come out and it was completely different from your expectations? Or did you ever walk into a theater not expecting much, but left with a smile on your face? Well then, tell about it!

When I fist heard about Spike Jonze’s Where the Wild Things Are, I thought it would be terrible, and all done in CGI. But only now do I discover Jonze’s true genius.

Kung Fu Panda all the way

I have to admit that the first time I watched Wall•e I hadn’t seen a Pixar film, or indeed an animated film, for years. So I certaintly wasn’t expecting such a deep and fulfilling film.

I doubted “Up” when it was first announced, but look at me now.

It was mainly because of the scarce plot details. I thought it was going to be about some old man who lived in a jungle and somehow met a kid, and it wouldn’t really go anywhere.

Wow Bryko! I seriously would have ever thought you ever doubted Up!

I doubted…Toy Story 2. I had heard that because it was only for Disney that it could have problems. Of course that was before i arrived here 1.5 years ago. Things are changing and now i can’t wait for TS3.

Other then that Ben Hur was extremely dissapointing…totally ruined most of the plot.

Blown away:

Knowing It had all the signatures of a horrible film, it’s a disaster flick, starring Nic Cage, with some horrible acting. But man the ending and overall plot, and the more frightening then horror film sequences really won me over.

Kung Fu Panda A fun well paced and directed film.

On the mega-dissapointment catagory:

Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I loved the cartoon and I usually like Jim Carrey, but adding in a reason that he was evil completely undermines the original short, which is all about how the goodness of the holiday

Monster’s Vs. Aliens from Kung Fu Panda to this?

Kung Fu Panda is the only surprise hit for me I can think of for the moment. The rare time when the planets were all aligned and Dreamworks pulled a masterpiece from its hat.
A miss would be the recent Fast and Furious. Quick off the grid with the heart-pumping, raw stunts-extravaganza of an opening sequence, but crawls across the finish line with the Indiana Jones Crystal Skull-jungle chase-style, CGI-infested final chase. It’s fast, but I’m furious. :angry:

Monsters vs. Alien: When I saw this, I was expecting a little better than what it was from Dreamworks. This is one example of why Pixar is the better company.

The Soloist: We went to see this for my friend birthday party and it was a very odd movie. I didn’t care for it. I was expecting something totally different then what it was.

Bridge to terrabitha: I thought it was about two kids who get picked on and stuff, and then they find a secret world full of "magic and wonder"but I guess not.

Nim’s Island: I thought it was a girl whose dad was missing. And she goes on a big adventure to save him. But she barley did anything and the movie ended up sucking.