Is this based on Nick’s show or is it some movie called Avatar? Also whats it about?

A quick Wikipedia search (tinyurl.com/6g7lfx) and a quick search function on Firefox has revealed that it is.

I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but the way you opened the post I would classify as spam. Just a heads-up. Could try to elaborate on another aspect, i.e. why are you excited, at least.

No, this is a new James Cameron movie called “Avatar” It’s a science fiction movie, that I honestly have no idea what it is about.

“The Last Airbender” is the name of the movie that will be base on the Nick show, which I believe is coming out in 2010.

They can’t have Avatar, in The Last Airbender’s title, due to a copyright dispute with James Cameron’s film. Yeah, it’s lame, but there it is.

I was just wondering if it was about the show…

Yeah, I know, and I told you. It’s not. I wasn’t being a jerk about it, I was just telling you the truth.

Here’s a link with some info on the film that will be based on the show. M.Night Shamylan is directing it.

[url]Avatar: The Last Airbender - Wikipedia

DocKenobi - whoa. Thanks for the heads up. My post is meant to read “isn’t”… argh! Not a good day today!

The latter post is correct too.

Avatar. . .another movie adaptaion huh? Well, i love the show, but if they are going to make this a live action movie, I might end up not liking it.

James Cameron wrote a scriptment for this in 1994, which I’ve read and didn’t like at all, although it had some cool ideas, but there was no story.
However, the final script was written in 2006 and a lot seems to have changed over the year.
It’s about a paraplegic ex-marine who is sent to a planet in Alpha Centauri, named Pandora. There is an aborigin, intelligent species, the Na’vi. To interact with the Na’vi, humans create Na’vi mindless bodies (“avatars”) that are remotelly controlled by them. Then it becomes something like Dune or Lawrence of Arabia in a awesome/wild jungle planet.
I really hope Cameron improves his old scriptment. I love his films.

PD: Cameron registered the title Avatar in 1999 or so, so Shyamalan couldn’t use it lol

Cameron’s “Avatar” is probably going to be the most important sci-fi movie of the century so far. Definetly must see it in 3D at the cinema.

This guy revolutionizes the genre every time he makes a movie :laughing:

don’t forget he made Titanic :smiley: Also this might be hard for Disney since The Princess and the frog comes out around that time

HO HO HO

I don’t think Avatar will affect The Princess and the Frog. I know people who I thought would never be intrested in seeing the movie, and are seriously excited for Princess and the Frog. Avatar doesn’t have that, at least that I know of.

yes i know

here is something im wondering, what is this?

blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/ … poster.jpg

[b]I combined your posts. — Rachel. =)[/b]

Fanmade poster.

okay thanks :slight_smile:

What is this about???

Tell me about it, I’m also clueless! :smiley: I’m guessing some kind of sci-fi epic. Luke gave a pretty good summary of the plot, it sounds interesting, and it’s about time we had an original high concept movie instead of another cop flick or sequel or children’s book adaptation or old movie remake. :frowning:
This project has been in gestation since 2007, so I really hope it comes out this year so I can see what the hype’s about. Until they release a trailer, I have no opinion of it as of yet. :slight_smile:

Here is a rumored plot:
“In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na’vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.”[3]

mm I remember reading that Cameron was inspired by the massive battles in LOTR and the jungle chase scenes in King Kong (Weta is one of the companies doing the digital effects). In the old scriptment there are battles involving airships, flying creatures, even floating mountains (yes floating mountains).

In fact it has been in gestation since the 90’s, but they had to design a lot of tecnology for making this. Then they shoot it in a month time in New Zealand and Hawaii and they are in postproduction since 2007.

Oh, and Zoë Saldaña’s character is a tall, blue alien :laughing:

cool!