CGI

Other company’s have been making CGI movies these days. On a fourm on IMDB of the upcoming movie based of the game Halo. The topic was called “Go CGI already!” and I’ve been thinking “All these people and company’s have seen this one movie, Toy Story”

And I also thought “Pixar should be the ONLY company that makes CGI”

I disagree. Just because Pixar makes the best computer animated films doesn’t mean they should be the only one in the business. There are still other great CGI films that come out from companies besides Pixar. The computer is a powerful tool and should not be limited to use for one company.

And yes, Toy Story is still visually extraordinary today, and has stood the test of time quite effectively. It pretty much kicked off a new era for effects and visuals in films.

No, I don’t think Pixar should be the only company making CG films. What if Disney had been the only company to make 2d animated films? hen we wouldn’t have the likes of Bugs Bunny, and other classic animated movies. Sure, Pixar is currently the best studio making CG movies, but I wouldn’t want to limit the medium to just them. There are other directions to go with the medium, and if you limit to just Pixar, we won’t get to see any other possibilites, or new ways to use the medium.

Also, I assume you mean only animated movies, but if not, could you imagine the prequel Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pirates, Transformers, or any other number of cool movies without the CGI work done by ILM and Weta? I love Pixar, but ILM is still tops in my books when it comes to CGI in live action movies. They pretty much invented the way its done. I don’t really want Pixar doing that.

Yeah. There making an AstroBoy in CGI, PIXAR SHOULD OF DONE THAT!!! :frowning:

I don’t Pixar is into doing adaptations, so it’s very unlikely they would do AstroBoy. I think, the guys who made TMNT are making Astroboy. I wasn’t too impressed with TMNT, but I’ll wait til the Astroboy comes out before I make my final judgement.

I didn’t like TMNT either, but AstroBoy looks awesome! I also loved the original TMNT movies. Expect the one were they go to Japan. That one sucked. But the one were the villain, I forgot his name,came back to life, which I think was the 2nd TMNT movie, was AWESOME!!!

Yes, the third movie was terrible. It should never be spoken of again.

I personally liek the first the best, as it was a little darker, but I love the second one. It’s way funnier.

By the way, the villain’s name is Shredder.

I think he means this TMNT

Which I thought was really great despite some flaws. (not enough Don for one, and jeeze! Another turtle movie focusing on the Leo/Ralph thing. C’mon!)

Anyway, no. Of course Pixar shouldn’t be the only one making CGI movies. :wink:

Only because they were smart enough to stick to mostly artificial creatures and the story and characters are so good that you aren’t bored enough to scrutinize the sets. There is a noticeable ‘perfection’ to the environments though because of the computer limitations of the time that does bug me a little.

The Leo/Raph thing was my favorite part of that movie. Although, I think it’s offically done was of that movie. I enjoyed TMNT, I just didn’t find it particularly amazing, and I felt it could have been better as a Turtle movie.

I like the original Teenage mutant ninja turtles movies. Not the new one.