Where the Wild Things Are

Are you excited for Spike Jonze’s ‘Where the Wild Things Are’?

• Yes
  • No
  • Perhaps
  • hmm… tell me more!

0 voters

If you haven’t heard about this yet, Spike Jonze is in post-production on his adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are, and I think it looks great! Maurice Sendak, the author of the picture book has seen the film in its current, unfinished state and loves it, so I’m pretty hopeful!

I also have a way to get the script for the film for free, although the final product has been shrouded in mystery @ Warner Bros. for quite some time.

However, we’ll all get to see the finished film which, based on the script, could be 2009’s #1, in October!!!

There are a lot of rumors, but I know a lot about the actual true state of the project, so if you have any questions, ask me!!! I’m really excited for this!!!

Your thoughts?

I acutally never heard of this until now. Well, I have no opinion on this film except that I am not really for this adaptaion.

And yet there are no votes for ‘no,’ TSS.

I’ve been silently looking forward to this for ages, since i heard about it 2 years ago. I loved the book when I was little and I think that if you’re going to adapt something for the cinema, you may as well go for something that has a simple structure and leaves a lot open to be explored. It could be something quite special.

The creatures alone are enough to perk my interests

I have been looking forward to this for years now. I’m so glad it’s finally getting a release! This has the potential to be a slightly trippy, but totally awesome adaptation of a classic book. So where did you get the script? Do you have connections to, or do you know someone who works at Warner Bros.? So is it an electronic copy? If so I would love to read it… :smiley:

I would like more info before I can give you a solid yes or no TS2. :wink:

I don’t think you know how much I want to see this. The trailer will be attached to Monsters vs. Aliens.

You can get to the script by going to the film’s imdb page, scrolling through the threads on the message borads, to the thread entitled ‘I have the scrpit…FREE’ and clicking on the link in the first grey box and following the instructions that come next. :smiley:

interesting… I’ll have to look into it more to see if it works for me. The book was okay as a kid, a little weird but that’s okay.

You can now watch the trailer here: apple.com/trailers/wb/wherethewildthingsare/

The trailer is great!!! Stop what you’re doing and click om FV’s link.

Editted by TSS: No shouting please. :wink:

That looks really good. Can’t wait to see it.

The best teaser trailer I have seen this year. Beautifully constructed. I can’t wait for October!

I don’t see it as a teaser! It’s got a lot of info!

Hmmm, it looks pretty neat. I might want to watch it now.

I would definately agree with you. This looks like it will be a great film. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

The Wild Things look awesome! The art work is great and I look forward to this film. I hope the tone is light, but not joke filled.

Wow! On Yahoo there’s an article about how eerybody’s raving about this film! You all should go check it out.

Just saw the full trailer at Monsters vs. Aliens. I think the art is amazing. I’m still a little at a loss as to how they are going to flesh out the story, but the Wild Things are AMAZING! I’m really looking forward to this movie.

Yeah, carl, I was wondering how they’d translate the book into a feature film but after viewing the trailer, I’m pretty excited now! It was one of my favorites as a kid and I generally like Spike Jonze’s vision so looking forward to seeing it.