Alvin and the chpmunks: The Squeakuel

Is this stupid?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

I ment to make a thread about this but held it back for a while. I saw that, thedriveintheatre, had mentioned it in another topic, so it reminded me to do this. :unamused: Anyway, everyone execpt David cross is returning. Hereā€™s the stupid plot. Dave sends Alvin and the chipmunks to school, and they have trouble working with the humans. Thatā€™s seriously the most unoriganal plot Iā€™ve ever heard. This could probably be one of the worst sequels ever! Not Kidding!! I am not gonna waste my money on this. What do you think?

I probably think that this idea might be more annoying than bad. Still, I really am not for the idea od an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel.

TAMATER - That would be the PtaF thread, no? :wink:

Bwahahah! I actually burst out laughing when I read that. Itā€™s so absurd it doesnā€™t make any sense! I mean, Daveā€™s discovered talking, dancing, singing chipmunks and the only thing he can think of is giving them a proper human education? :laughing:
Iā€™m disappointed they tried to place the chimpunks in a live-action, real-world setting. At least they looked more natural in the animated ā€œThe Chipmunk Adventureā€, which I thoroughly enjoyed as a kid. To me, the first movie pretty much ties things up. Now Iā€™m predicting (and dreading) the introduction of the Chipettes.
Like TSS, Iā€™m not so much incensed as indifferent to it. I usually reserve judgement, but this is obviously a money-bait. This is gonna hurt. :confused:

Oh, and you spelled ā€œSqueak-quelā€ wrong. Sorry, just canā€™t help noticing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was disappointed by the first one, so Iā€™m guessing this one wonā€™t be much better. At least it had some enjoyable parts though. (when theyā€™re goofing off) I hope they have more of these parts in the sequel (Squeak-quel) but Iā€™m not looking forward to this one though.

New trailer for the movie:
mtv.com/videos/movie-trailer ā€¦ quel.jhtml

shudders

~ Flare

Dragon, The trailer is, terrible, when the first movie was out i thought it would be a great story of three cuddly chipmunks, then turned out to be a movie full with annoying high pitched song -__-a

letā€™s just hope this one wonā€™t be a disappointment

seriously? last time I checked middle school doesnā€™t have chipmunks!

I couldnā€™t watch the entire trailer, that looked so stupid.

Iā€™ll take Princess and the Frog instead, thank you.

haha agreed Rac_Rules! PatF looks 50,000 times better than this. Iā€™m guessing most kids will want to see this movie though. Which is kind of sad. I already know my younger siblings and their friends are anticipating this ā€œsqueakquelā€ a lot more than PatF. Poor children, theyā€™re really missing out.

Saw an advert for this in the cinema today.

It was quite amusing in the sense that, during all of the previous trailers the kids in the cinema were laughing and giggling throughout.

And then when the Alvin and the Chipmunks trailer came on, there was utter silence. It was as though even the little kids realised what a load of crap this film is going to be. :laughing:

What? My middle school has talking anthropomorphic CGI animals everywhere! What cave did you go to school? :laughing:

Well, as much as Iā€™d like to give them a BOD, this smells like a stinker. I mean, seriously, they massacred one of my favourite 80s numbers from Foreigner. :cry:

(sarcastic laughter) oh he he he. Why am I not surprised?

I must say Iā€™m thankful I walked in late and caught only the end of the trailer. I didnā€™t see the first, and I donā€™t plan on seeing the second. I will say that what Iā€™ve seen of the character animation is not bad. They move well enough. Like many others, my biggest gripe is with the poor story construction and lack of continuity.

Also, I just watched the Chipmunk Adventure for the first time in almost 20 years. It was glorious.

[i]Dear squash and stretch of the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s,

Where have you gone to? I miss you so much.
Love Haunt[/i]

That trailer was awful! How could they possibly make a good movie out of chipmunks going to school! At least the Chippettes donā€™t look as bad as I thought, but thatā€™s not saying too much. And for some reason Iā€™m still going to see it because Iā€™m too much of an Alvin and the Chipmunks fan :unamused:.

NEW theatrical trailer for the ā€˜Squeakquelā€™:

Trailer

Mustā€¦ resistā€¦ urgeā€¦ to clawā€¦ eyes out. :angry:

Seriously, I can enjoy ā€˜bad kiddy flicksā€™ like Beverly Hills Chihuahua and G-Force, but for some reason, I canā€™t endure this. Maybe itā€™s because of the ā€˜flavour of the monthā€™ pop ditties or the tired high-school setting. :unamused:

OMG! I hate this film, SO much! I feel really sorry if the little kids go see this instead of other greater films (ie: Princess & Frog, Christmas Carol :smiley: )

At my theater, they have gigantic (about 50-feet long) posters of films and they have the poster for this, right beside the Avatar teaser! Wtf?! Itā€™s gonna be worser than Avatar, so why even bother putting it up! lol :slight_smile:

[spoil]Great. The Chipettes are singing Single Ladies. That means somewhere thereā€™s a weasel version of Kanye interrupting a praire dog Taylor Swift. [/spoil]

Haha, nice one Haunt!

Itā€™s not so much the special effects or 3-D rendering of the 'munks that disgusts me, itā€™s the lousy script that the fantastic animation has to contend with! I just hate it whenever movies throw in the latest pop-culture jokes or references just to pander to the young adult crowd, which Iā€™m sure will make up a large percentage of the target audience. Nobodyā€™s going to remember Flo Ridaā€™s ā€˜Right Roundā€™ years from now (which by the way, is a remake of Dead or Aliveā€™s original 80s classic). Instead of making an enduring classic for the ages with original songs, they choose to feature whatever happens to be on the Top Ten charts at the moment and insert juvenile high-school gags. Itā€™s infuriating! The Chipmunks has a whole wealth of songs from their albums and they had to pick a Beyonce number! :imp: