Screenplays

Where do you think I could get my hands on a Screenplay?

What kind of screen play?

Well, you can do some searching on the internet and order online. I remember I went into a comic/collector shop and they had screenplays for sale.

For movies? Try these links in the link below. Near Oscar season, the studios put up the award season contenders on their respective websites. I just hope that they’re all still there now, seeing as how the Oscars are now done for this year…

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … creenplays

• C-3PO

Thanks, C-3PO for the links. And yes I mean movie screenplays. The one I want the most is Toy Story. If any of you know how to get a copy of Toy Story pleassssse post it here! :-D)

Well, I’m not sure right now, but maybe when the movie is re-released in 3-D this Fall, they will release the screenplay to buy in book form like they do with other popular movies occasionally. I hope they do. I have come to really like reading movies that I like in script form.

EDIT: I just found this: [url]TOY STORY. I’m not sure if that is actually the official screenplay, since quite often, IMSDB is just what people type up, like the copy on there of The Incredibles, which last time I checked, was just the dialogue, hence probably just typed up by someone watching the movie. This copy of Toy Story does have the ‘action’ paragraphs though, which leads me to believe that this could be the real thing, because it would be time consuming to have to write up all of the action, and format it yourself. Plus, this has all of the names at the beginning, and says ‘Final draft: November 1995’, which means that it was probably from an awards site back then. You may have noticed that a lot of scripts that are submitted for awards often are dated the month of the release of the movie, which means that they make sure that it is accurate to what people have watched. I mean, obviously they aren’t still changing lines days before! (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button script is cool, in that it has all of the omitted parts still in there, but just colour-coded!)

As for this copy of Toy Story, I haven’t looked through the whole thing yet, just skimmed it, so I can’t say if it has everything there… But anyway, I hope this is what you’re looking for, enjoy!

EDIT # 2: I just finished reading it. I couldn’t see this just being typed out by someone who knows screenplays. This seems like the real thing - it has descriptions that only the filmmakers would know. It must have been on an awards site at some point, considering that this screenplay was nominated, deservingly so, for an Academy Award at the 68th Awards in 1996, (for the films of 1995). It is quite well written.

• C-3PO

Thank you so much,C-3PO!! I’ve been trying to find this since I was interested in Pixar! :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re welcome TAMATER, glad I could be of help! I hope to read all of the PIXAR screenplays someday, so your question about this one actually reminded me to start looking for them again.

• C-3PO

I am on a desperate search for an Incredibles screenplay. Not a word-for-word transcript like on imsdb.com. I actually want to read stage directions as well.

TSS - Now I really want to try to find The Incredibles script! Maybe I find things better when people ask about them…

Anyway, I did a quick search, and some copies that were sent out to Academy members have shown up on eBay from time to time, and I think an Australian library system has a copy to borrow, (not that I can access that - I’m Canadian)… As for online like the other ones, I haven’t found anything yet. This being said, like the other nominated screenplays, I am sure that it must be out there somewhere, and will probably show up sooner, or later, like Toy Story. I’ll keep looking though, and if I ever find anything, I will be sure to post it up here first!

• C-3PO

Which Australian library system is it? Maybe I could see if I can access it.

Not quite sure - I think it’s at a university library… Here’s the link that I found.

nla.gov.au/anbd.bib-an000040990672

• C-3PO

C3P-O: If you are looking just for a transcript, word-for-word with no directions, there is a TI transcript located on IMSDB.

This is a great website that lists a ton of movie scripts:

[url]You are being redirected...

Thanks for the link R2-D-2, but for some odd reason, the link to the Incredibles script isn’t working. :confused: Oh well, it isn’t your fault.

As you probably already know, TAMATER, I know how you can get your hands on a free copy of the script for October 2009’s Where the Wild Things Are. I’ve read it and must say, it’s a great read. It’ll probably be an even better film!!!

Really??? How? Could you post any links here?

• C-3PO

Yes. head on over to the ‘Where the Wild Things Are!!!’ thread and you’ll find my instructions in the latest post. :sunglasses: