Ace Ventura, Jr.

This is probably the worst movie news i’ve ever heard. My avatar shouldn’t even have a smiling Mater face on it anymore. {Just kidding} :laughing: I just heard last night that they were making Ace Ventura, Jr.. How could a kid do that role? Jim Carrey is perfect for it. Plus, it’s going to direct to DVD. The second one wasn’t that good anyway. If you want to read about it ,Wikipedia it. I know it isn’t the best source, but they have a poster!

That’s a shame. I love the two Ace Ventura movies, they’re just so legendary. That bit with the rhino in the second one…One of the best scenes in movie history ever. I swear it’s alongside that bit where Jack from Titanic dies and other such historic movie moments. :laughing:

At least it’s direct-to-DVD, and they’re not trying to make out as if it’s any good or anything.

Reminds me of the horrid The Mask sequel… :shake:

For real? That’s too bad. Always have to take a good thing and stretch it out until there isn’t much of anything left.

Oh no! They should just leave well enough alone. I LOVED the first one, the second one was still funny…but seriously, an Ace Ventura, JR? No thanks!

this movie will be in a $5 bin at some gas station.

FAIL

It always breaks my heart to see classics being rehashed and recycled into tired sequels by the Hollywood system. Just look at Doctor Dolittle and Air Bud, or any other great comedy flick you care to mention…

Besides ranting about the inevitable sequel, we could probably use this thread to recall our favourite moments from the first two movies.

My favourites for the first is the brilliant opening sequence where Ace has to rescue a kidnapped puppy (Kicking the delivery package nonchalantly, “Warning! *ssholes are closer than they appear!”, and sticking his tongue out the window dog-style :laughing:), “Yes Satan?”, the entire police department scene (so much comedy gold, the parallel parking, his reaction to a colleague killing a cockroach, ‘butt-talking’, and his comeback to the “I’m Your Worst Nightmare” line), addressing the reporters with the faux German accent, and the sliding door scene (“Lo-hoo-ser-hurr!”).

Second film didn’t have as many memorable scenes as the first, but I liked the jungle detour (complete with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang reference and an impossible rollover landing), Monopoly Guy (the most outrageous and clap-worthy scene of the entire series IMO), and as lizardgirl mentioned, the highly inventive rhino birth.

Gosh, I feel like watching them again… Ventura’s my favourite comedy creation from Mr Carrey of all-time… Hawaiian Shirts+Devil-may-care-attitude+Pet Detective = Coolest and Weirdest Hero Ever

Does anyone else like this series? What were your fave moments?

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.

Scene: Ace try to get out from his so-called camouflage rhino robot. I think you get the idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

“It’s another infamous sequel to a Jim Carrey movie, that doesn’t actually star Jim Carrey!”

I forget where that quote is from, but definitely true with this case.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with this movie. Sure, I hadn’t seen the original two, but this movie had some humor, but also some “it’s so bad it’s funny” moments.

There were internet references though! I was shocked.

I remember some guy yelling “Don’t taze me bro!” at one part, and there was the infamous “THIS IS SPARTA” as well. Those were the highlights, in my opinion.

Though the panda they were trying to rescue looked so fake it wasn’t funny.

After seeing like 5 minutes of that crap excuse called a “movie” I wanted to tear my eyes out of my head.

You CANT do Jim Carrey without Jim Carrey!
Thats what I live by! :smiley: