Slumdog Millionaire

What did you think of Slumdog Millionaire?

• Loved It!
  • Hated It!
  • I Could Go Either Way
  • Never Saw It

0 voters

I saw it and I thought it was a masterpiece. Jamal Malik went on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? because he thought the girl he loved would be watching. But, when he goes on to win 10 million rupees he is accused of cheating. Every important moment in his life gave him a clue to one of the answers.

Told partly in flashbacks, which lead up to an exciting and suspenseful ending, Slumdog Millionaire has a little bit of everything, mixing romance, drama, action, heart and even a little bit of Bollywood, Slumdog Millionaire is a diverse and special movie, that could easily win Best Picture.

I’m not sure how, but this somehow ended up in Troubleshooting, and I meant to stick it in off-topic. If someone could change this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I think you can post this thread again in off-topic, and leave this one. Maybe, the moderators will just lock this one up afterwards.

EDIT : so the thread has been moved

Haven’t seen it yet, because it hasn’t been released here.

A mod should be able to move this for you, R2-D2. Perhaps you should PM one of them?

I haven’t seen it. I never heard of it to be honest.

Here is the link to the official website: foxsearchlight.com/slumdogmillionaire/

I have seen this movie, and it is very, very good.

-C-3PO

I’ve never heard of it either. So obviously I’ve never seen it.

Oh my goodness, I’ve been hearing amazing things about it so I finally saw it over the holidays and OMG it was SO good it hurt!

Wellllllllllllllll…

LOVERS OF SLUMDOG UNITE!!!

The Critics Choice awards were broadcast last night. Guess what? Our favorite Indian won five awards!!!

Best Picture-BestDirector (Danny Boyle)-Best Writer (Simon Beaufoy)-Best Young Actor (Dev Patel, who played Jamal)-Best Original Score (A.R. Rahman)

Yeah!!!

( by the way i think this is the best movie of the year!!!)

It is pretty much on it’s way to a Best Picture win at the Oscars, so if you haven’t seen it yet, you really should as soon as you get the chance. If it hasn’t opened yet where you live, then hopefully this will be of some help:

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1010048/releaseinfo[/url]

Yes it is, R2-D2. Funny how people are still calling it the ‘underdog’ though.

I’ve been told that it’s a very good movie, so I’ll probably end up seeing it sooner or later. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the winner is… Slumdog Millionaire!!!

goldenglobes.org/

Loved it, just didn’t think it was Best Picture material. I’m fine with it winning the Golden Globe because the nominees weren’t that great, but I’d rather see other films take the prize (other Pixar films :wink:) at The Oscars. I know it’s gonna be a battle just to get WALL-E nominated, though.

Anyway, Slumdog’s great, just not perfect. Jaiho’s really catchy too.

4 GOLDEN GLOBES!!!

I’m predicting it will win Best Picture at the Oscars.

I’m going to see it tonight after I get off work. I’m excited. I hear great things!

I liked it a lot. It’s different!

Judging by the critical acclaim (Best Picture nominee, anyone?) and rave reviews (by our fellow PP members), I must say I’m starting to warm up to this pic.

I like the tagline:

What does it take to find lost love?

A. Money
B. Luck
C. Smarts
D. Destiny

Opens 5th February in Sing. Hope it’s lives up to its hype… :smiley:

Slumdog Millionaire has won eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture. Congratulations to everyone who worked on the film!

I definitely think it deserved every award it won last night. Congrats to the filmmakers, actors, crew :slight_smile: