Movie: The Strangers

Has anyone ever seen the movie “The Strangers”? I saw it yesterday with my friends, it was really scary. My friends said it was so scary that they didn’t put it in theatres, and that it’s based on true events. If you like horror movies, you gotta watch this movie, but if you don’t, i advise you NOT TO WATCH IT. :slight_smile:

Heres the trailer…
[url]The Strangers Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

I watched it. In my opinion, it’s not that scary. Though I’m not a horror movies fan, I’ve seen many scarier ones (wait a minute, isn’t this a thriller movie, not horror?).

Anyway, it’s quite good for a true-story-based movie.

Yeah I’m not a big horror fan, but I heard bad things, that it had no real point to it, that the strangers were just some random guys or whatever … silly things. :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know for sure though. I won’t see it though, because I’ve become very particular with my movie watching lately …

I’d agree that it wasn’t scary. The horror parts were way too predictable and I just didn’t see the scare in someone banging at your door…

And on top of all that… I COULDN’T HEAR! The actors talked so low that we put the subtitles on just to know what’s going on! We would’ve turned the volume up, but the sound effects were loud enough, just not the voices… :slight_smile:

I normally do not mind horror films. I just review them as an ordinary movie, judging how much movie value they possess.

This one, however, has several flaws.

1. It is ‘inspired’ by a true event, not ‘based’ on it. If the latter is in present, then it is definitely a little spookier, because you begin to watch the horror film under the impression that something similar has happened in the real world.

Films inspired by true events normally digress very far from what is true, its similarity is, of course, decreased by a large margin.

1. The shallowness of the trailer. I have not watched the movie yet, but the trailer failed to tell me that the movie is worth at least one watch, especially with its stereotypical ‘scare methods.’ Worse. In the middle of the clip, I believe they have performed a really poor task of frightening anyone in general when they applied the ‘den’ sound effect seconds after the mysterious figure showed his/her entire body from a corner of the room.

But, not all of the trailer is bad. The broken record was kinda creepy, I will give them that. :slight_smile:

I really wanted to see The Strangers but I never got around to it. It looked really good.

I watched it. Not that much of a horror movie, imo. Only true horror in it is [spoil]towards the end with the chair thingy.[/spoil] Or maybe it’s because my definition of horror = slasher film.

This movie freaked me out mainly because it can happen to anyone!

This is no Freddy Kruegger or Jason Vorhees, this is the real deal. It’s in my top list of favorite horror flicks.