The Unbeatables

For any Asian Pixar fans out there, you must’ve at least heard about the third season of this classic hit TV show before.

Yes, since about the age of 1990, this TV series with the ‘gambling’ genre, if you will, attracted literally hundred thousands of fans across the country, and even more outside the borders. It has great drama, three great opening themes with each of the three seasons, and memorable characters.

With the 45th anniversary of Channel 8 celebrated today in Singapore, I hereby post the official thread to ‘The Unbeatables’ TV show. I’m sure after TDIT returns from his vacation, he will have much to say about this magnificent series that could probably match up Pixar’s genius.

For show, here’re the three heart-pounding opening themes for the three various seasons (yes, I know it’s in Chinese, but if many are interested, I can translate :wink: ):
Season 1

Yes, the special effects are somewhat exhilarating, but the compelling drama of the show diverts people’s attention away from that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Season 2
I especially like Zhou Chu Ming’s character, BTW. In fact, I really like every character he plays. He brings so much energy into view.

Season 3
Probably the best opening yet. If I receive a lot of attention for this, I’m going to translate this for you guys because the lyrics just mean so much, very deep stuff, very compelling.

The sound for the video is a little soft, so, just focus on the scenes! :stuck_out_tongue:

As you can see from the sequences in the OPs, there are a lot of mixed elements in the show, not just plain old gambling. I’m planning to use these elements in my fan fiction so, tell me what you think of the show! :slight_smile:

Edit:
Here’s an eight minute footage (with at least one line of English) for your further viewing:
youtube.com/watch?v=YEHCq1Yi … re=related

Pretty sweet. This’ll help me learn Chinese.