Inkheart

Inkheart is the story of a man who can bring the characters of the books to life (when he reads aloud) however, he can’t control this magic and every time one comes out, someone from this world is transported into the book.

I hope that’s the summary - at least that’s the summary of the book so far. :blush:

I didn’t know it was going to be a movie when I purchased the book, and although the trailer looks different, I can’t say how different since I haven’t finished reading it. I can say this : I find it hard to put the book down and wind up bringing it to school to read even though I’m already carrying a heavy load of books as it is. :laughing:

Anyone else heard of/read it?

When I first saw the trailer to this movie, I was wxcited. Now, I am not so sure if I want to watch it. It looks like a good story.

It’s always better to read the book. I’ll give my judgement on the trailer once I’ve read the entire book - as much as I can say, Gwin the marten (ferret) is supposed to have horns, and I think (to me) it looks as if they made the family go into the book’s world, when it’s quite the opposite - the characters from the book are stuck in our world and want to be brought back but Mo (Brendan Frasier) doesn’t know how to bring them back.

The books are great! The marketing company I work for is actually doing a promotion for the movie. You can check out the trailer, pics, web applications, etc. at: youcastcorp.com/inkheart/. I’m pumped to see the movie!

Books are amazing! I just finished the third in the trilogy, Inkdeath.
Cornelia Funke is an amazing author!!! Hard to put down…
Anyway, when you’re done w/ that trilogy, read The Thief Lord, also by Funke. She has also written Dragon Rider, which is pretty good, but I prefer Inkheart and Thief Lord over it.

btw, if anyone needs any advice on books to read, talk to me!

Not many people on this board seem to like it. Either that or they just enjoy ignoring me …

But they are good books, and I’m going to see the movie even if it ruins it for me, just because the characters look true and since I’ve seen the trailer, I’ve pictured the characters in my head just as I see them in clips and stuff, so … yeah, they can’t do much to destroy it for me. It’s the same with Harry Potter - I hardly notice what’s missing because I’ve already got all the actors in my head - I see it as a movie already.