Anyone else a fan of the Redwall books?

I love them

I remember reading one partially when I was younger, but I never got into it as much as say, The Animals of Farthing Wood, for example. Which is pretty odd, because I only ever wanted to read stories that were about talking animals.

It really peeves me that all my favourite animals (sans badgers) are depicted as villains. But nonetheless, I should try reading it again sometime and maybe watch the cartoon as well.

I remember reading Redwall when I was in my first year of uni. It was a great book, lots of descriptions about feasting and swordfighting and exploring. And the funny thing was all the characters were woodland critters! My favourite character was the fearless sparrow Warbeak and her murderous catchphrase “Killit!”

Another strange thing I found about Brian Jacques’ novels is that the creatures may be of different sizes (from a mouse to a badger), yet they seem to inhabit the same dwellings and spaces without any issues. Maybe this alternate reality had them all roughly the same size.

I’ve tried reading other books in the series after that, but Redwall was the only one I’ve read in its entirety. I highly recommend it to loves of fantasy and grand adventure.