January 2010 Fan Commentary - Up

Next month we’re going to be commentating on Up. If you would like to commentate on Up and have not done a practice, send me your schedule for December 21 through December 31. The deadline for sending me these schedules is December 20 at 11:59pm New York time. Please be very specific in your schedules about when you can be on Skype to do a practice. Also, please indicate in this thread which short film you would like to practice on.

I would absolutely love to participate in the Up commentary itself, though the earliest possible date would be January 22, because of the release date in Germany.

Yeah, ditto with totoro, Up comes out on February 15th here so I’ll take part the next time we do an Up commentary, as I’m sure it’ll be a popular one.

Raises hand and flails around as much as physically possible PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME! OOH! OOH!

Yeah, I am THERE. I’ll have to wait on a schedule, I’m not done enrolling, and I dunno what my work schedule will be next semester, but I should be pretty flexible, especially on days other than Tuesday and Thursday.

I’d love to participate in the Up commentary! Even though I don’t show it enough, it is my second favorite Pixar movie, and I would hate to not commentate! (Hey, that rhymed! XD)

I love the fact that you guys do commentaries here! Unfortunately I’m rather shy and haven’t done one before, so if I wanted to do one I might have to practice it a bit. I’m also still new to Up so I don’t know if it’s one I would have a lot to comment on yet.

I’d like to participate in the Up commentary! Not quite sure what my schedule/work load for next semester will look like, so hopefully I’ll have time for it.

I’d love to participate too, but looking at everybody’s comments already, maybe it’d be best to wait till at least early January? I mean, that week you mentioned is Christmas and New Years and busy like woah, and people are finishing finals and all. ^^;

Well, Netbug, keep in mind these are for practice commentaries, which I recommend doing. They’re done with the shorts, and it sets you up for what to expect, but just on a much longer film. The practice commentaries aren’t all that long, so there shouldn’t be too much to worry about, you only need maybe 30-45 minutes of free time. When I did mine it took maybe 20 minutes. :slight_smile:

And yeah, Flik-E, qxgnxamy usually requires newcomers to do a practice commentary on one of the Pixar short films, so that’s exactly what you need! And don’t feel too shy, in my experience talking with these guys over skype, they’re an absolute treat to chat with, really. I’ve become awesome friends with quite a few people on here thanks to that (in particular, Hannahmation, Mitch, thewisecookiesheet, rachelcakes1985, CaptainPan, just to name a few), and really recommend doing so. It’s really great to get to chat with guys that see eye-to-eye with our fandom, so I say go for it! :slight_smile:

Wait what practice- OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I’m sorry. I’m tired and not reading clearly. I thought we were trying to do the whole movie around Christmas and was all “wait what.”

I want to be part of this commentary, too. :slight_smile: I’d be fine with doing the practise on anyone of those days, except for Christmas day, for obvious reasons. :slight_smile: First, though, I have to see what else is on my schedule during that time, before I send you the schedule, qxgnxamy (about a day or two before the deadline). Other than that, I’d be fine with doing the commentary with you guys. :slight_smile:

movieman369 - You can do another practice if you want, but it’s not necessary because you’ve already completed a practice. =)

Oh, really? OK, then, that really does help my schedule then, thanks for letting me know about that qxgnxamy. If there is only one person doing the practise commentary, however, then I could do it with them, you just have to let me know as soon as you can, and I’ll be alright with that. :wink: [/b]

Count me in Peter, I want to do Up!

But I’ll have to send you a new schedule after the break. And I’ll help with the practice commentary, as it seems that Netbug is the only newbie right now.

I mean, if that’s cool and all.

TWCS - Netbug has already done a practice (and even a feature commentary), but Flik-E does need to do a practice before commentating on Up. Of course you’re welcome to join in the practice. =)

:frowning: Whoops. Sorry Netbug :laughing:

Haha, sure, I’ll do the practice with Flik-E

If you’d like another person at the practice commentary, I’d be happy to join as well. Yay for having free time now! :slight_smile:

I wasn’t really volunteering, but I probably could find a short to practice on. In fact, I don’t think anyone here has done Knick Knack yet.

Haha, no prob, but if you feel really bad, you can make up for it by listening to WALL-E commentary #5 sometime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok everyone! If you’d like to commentate on Up, and you’ve done a practice, please send me your schedule for January, so I can form groups and find times to do the commentaries. The deadline for sending me your schedules is January 10 at 11:59 PM New York time. In your schedules please be very specific about what times you can be on Skype to do the commentaries.