WALL•E Fan Commentaries

We are going to be having at least two WALL•E fan commentaries within the next few weeks, so anyone who has:

1. Participated in a practice
  2. Posted your rankings of all the Pixar films in this thread AND
  3. Is interested in commenting on WALL•E

please private message me or post me your schedules for the next three weeks within the next 10 days. If you don’t usually know your schedules until a very short time in advance, please let me know. When in doubt, communicate with me so I don’t assume you are simply not interested in participating - you might end up missing out altogether because I haven’t heard from you. And remember to give me any updates to your schedule as soon as you find out any changes. Thanks.

If you can’t participate in WALL•E within the next few weeks, there will probably be another one later this year.

I can pretty much do any day after 5PM over the next three weeks. Some days I can do earlier, but my timetable in that respect is very changeable and it depends on which days I work, which I rarely know over a week in advance. Early mornings are also possible, though weekends would be better in that case. During the week, from Monday to Thursday I have to go into college early, but Fridays I go in at 11am, so I have a bit more time. Sorry I can’t be more specific, though.

Really looking forward to the WALL-E commentaries now. :smiley:

Thanks for your schedule, lizardgirl! If anything comes up, just post here or PM me your updated schedule.

I’m looking forward to commenting on WALL•E, too. =)

Rachel - I sent you a private message concerning my current work schedule. As I mentioned then, the times and hours in which I will be available to participate in a commentary are continually fluctuating, unfortunately. However, like I stated in my private message to you, I will keep you updated on my schedule in a week-by-week format.

I hope that I’ll be able to participate in the first WALL-E session! :wink:

– Mitch

Yep, I got your PM. From what I can see, if your schedule for the upcoming weeks are similar you should be able to participate in the WALL•E commentaries, or at least one of them. Much thanks, Mitch! =)

And might I remind members who still want to participate in the March WALL•E commentary: you have 3 days left in which to send me your schedules.

Rachel - Awesome! I look forward to participating in the session with you guys.

You’re most welcome, by the way!

– Mitch

Most likely, I won’t be participating in the commentart with you guys, but I wish you all good luck and knock em dead.

Thanks for letting me know that you aren’t going to be in this one, The Star Swordsman. And thanks also for the good luck. Feel free to listen to the commentaries when they’re online to let us know what you think. =)

The deadline for sending me your schedules has now closed. If you didn’t send me your schedules then you are not allowed to participate in the WALL•E commentaries. We may do WALL•E again later on in the year so if you follow the instructions the next time around you can participate then.

So the final list of participants for the WALL•E commentaries that are happening within the next few weeks are:

rachelcakes1985
Actine
thedriveintheatre
qxgnxamy
lizardgirl
Mitch

Thanks guys! Stay tuned while I figure out how I’m going to organise the groups together. Remember to send me any updates for your schedules as soon as you find out any changes and keep an eye on the commentary threads for further info within the next few days.

The next time you’re on the computer and have a couple of hours free to download, please start up Skype so you’re online and I’ll transfer the file over to you.

:slight_smile:

Please let me know when you guys do another one! I so want in on this! :smiley:

Just keep on eye on the Fan Commentaries sub-forum for news of when another WALL•E commentary session(s) will be done. It probably won’t be done again till later on in the year, though.

Awww man! This is what happens when you forget to check a website for a while. XD;

But anyways, good luck with the commentary and stuff, you guys! I’m sure you’ll all do great, and I’ll be sure to participate in the next WALL*E commentary, whenever you guys do it. ^^

(And I’m sorry I dissapeared for so long. I’ve been majorly distracted these past few months. @_@)

Thanks Lightning Eclipse. We will probably do WALL•E again in June/July so check back then, but it’s a good idea to check the Fan Commentary section of the forum every week to make sure when we are doing it.

So the groups for the WALL•E commentaries are:

Group 1:
Mitch
qxgnxamy
lizardgirl

Group 2:
Actine
thedriveintheatre
rachelcakes1985

Group 1 will go first and Group 2 will be done from March 9 onwards. I was thinking about doing the Group 1 commentary this week. Mitch, qxgnxamy and lizardgirl are these times ok for a commentary?

Thursday 5th March
Los Angeles: 11:45am
New York: 2:45pm
London: 7:45pm

Friday 6th March

Saturday 7th March

Tuesday 10th March
Los Angeles: 12:45pm*
New York: 3:45pm*

*daylight savings.

I’d like it if we could record on the first available time, and then if that doesn’t work out at least we’d have the other three times. I made the time 15 mins earlier so we’d have a solid 3 hours to do the commentary because Mitch needs to be finished 3 hours after starting.

EDIT: I added another time.

:smiley:

Those four times are fine for me. The first available time is pretty soon. I’d better start getting ready!

The 5th is fine for me, but I can’t do the 6th because I’m going out for dinner at that time with my mum for her birthday. The 7th and 10th are also okay for me. Ditto that, Peter, better start making some notes and thinking of what to say! :laughing:

The fifth of this month is perfectly fine with me! I have no idea whether or not I’d be available to do a commentary on one of the other three days, as I have not yet received my work schedule for this Friday up until next Thursday, unfortunately.

So there are two groups? Does this mean that group one will commentate on half of the movie while the second group commentates on the other half, or are both groups going to be commentating on the entire film? I take it that it’s the latter, but I’m not certain.

I’m also behind on my notes. The commentary is only a few days away and I haven’t written down anything yet! I’ll make it a point to listen to the entire WALL•E commentary (by Andrew Stanton) some time this week (before Thursday). :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you very much for organizing this, qxgnxamy and Rachel! :smiley:

– Mitch

Actually Rachel is doing the organizing now without any help from me. However I’ll still be involved as a commentator. Also I’m probably going be doing some post production on the commentaries.

qxgnxamy - I see. Well, you did help to bring birth the idea of fan commentaries in the first place, so I’ll thank you for that, in any case. :wink:

I look forward to commentating with you in the WALL•E session. :smiley:

– Mitch

Hey guys. I won’t be able to make it for the 5th, unfortunately, because someone is staying over and they are staying an extra day and didn’t let me know until I asked. The computer is in the room with the fold-out couch, so waking them up at 6:15am so I can do a commentary wouldn’t be an option. Since lizardgirl isn’t available on the 6th, I guess we’ll have to do it on the 7th or the 10th. I’m pretty sure I’ll be available those two times. Mitch probably wouldn’t be able to let us know till Thursday, however.

1. Yes.
  2. The two groups (with 3 people in each group) will commentate on all of the movie, so there will be two commentaries done by two sets of different people.

I mainly did this because of the trouble qxgnxamy had with organising a commentary with 5 people (6 if you include Peter), and I also wanted to see how a group with only 3 people would sound rather than 5.

Rachel - Aw, man! I was looking forward to actually doing something this week. :laughing:

It’s perfectly all right. That’s not a problem, Rachel. Once I get my schedule this Thursday I’ll let you know if I’ll be available to participate in a commentary on the 7th or the 10th of this month. Hopefully, I won’t get worked too hard this (or next) week. We’ll see what happens. I’ll keep you updated.

– Mitch

P.S./Edit - By the way, if I am able to participate in the WALL-E session on Saturday, then I would only be able to do it late at night (as in 9:30 or later). The reason behind this is because the family computer that we own now resides in the living room, and this is the central section of the house… where my family congregates on the weekends. Henceforth, I wouldn’t have any “peace”, so to speak, until after everyone has gone to bed.

I’m terribly sorry about this. The tenth (which is a Tuesday) would work better for me, if my schedule allows it, but if this doesn’t work with other members’ schedules then I may back out of the commentary, if necessary.

The time that Mitch is proposing is:

Los Angeles: Sat 9:30pm
New York: Sun 12:30am
London: Sun 5:30am

That time seems a bit early for lizardgirl… I’m not sure if that time is ok with me either

Maybe if it’s better for everyone to do it on the 5th I could let Peter go ahead and record it and then maybe at the end of the commentary I could pop in and say hello, heheh. I really wanted to speak to you guys but at the same time wouldn’t want to disadvantage you or delay the commentary simply because I couldn’t make it.