A day that will live in Infamy

“A day that will live in infamy” was said by President Franklin D. Roosevelt after The Empire of Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. It was a day he said, no one will ever forget.

Now, we’re all too young to remember that a event, and too young to say where we were when JFK and John Lennon were assinated.

So what event in history (Good or Bad) is a day you’ll never forget, a day you remember where you were, a day you’ll tell your grandchildren about. Was it 9/11? Was it the day the first African American was elected to be US President? Was it the day Diana , Princess of Wales died?

For me, three things stand out

1. The Terrorist Attacks of 9/11- Not only will I be telling my children this, but also my sibligns children, my bro and sis were to young to remember. I was 8. I remember hearing my father yelling for my mother to come to the TV that morning. I remember going to school and other kids saying WWIII has started. I remember all the TV stations playing footage all day and week long… I remember being very afraid of all Muslims, until I was old enough to know the difference between al-Queda and members of Islam.

2)The Death of Michael Jackson & Steve Irwin- Seriously, I remember where I was when I found out. With MJ I was at my school’s farm, with Steve I was home. I was so upset

1. Election of 2008- I remember when Mr. Obama was announced President. I screamed with joy and called my friends. My dad, a Republican, was cursing at the TV. Unfortuntely, I had to wait another 3 months for Mr. Bush to leave. But it was still a great night.

Michael Jackson and Steve Irwin. I was at home for both, if I remember correctly. No-one (besides my brother) really even mentioned Steve Irwin after he died, but when MJ died, about two days later, my friend Sedric came to school with a shirt that said “Michael Jackson 1958-2009”. I was probably more upset for Steve Irwin then I was for MJ, though.

Steve Irwin. :frowning:

And I wasn’t alive, but landing on the moon. :smiley: