Hobbies

sorry- if this was already created :frowning: I looked through and it seemed like it hadn’t so I decided to start one :slight_smile: Do you guys have any other hobbies other than just wandering around the boards? I for one make AMVs (some to Pixar but mostly Disney) and draw :slight_smile: check out my latest vid! :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=3Zbe5B-R1Qk

what do you guys do in your free time :slight_smile:

Marching band, facebook, research Pixar info, and watch their movies, special features, and DVD-tours.

Nice idea for a thread, woody. It’s interesting to find out what people do outside of going on the forums.

I enjoy playing the piano sometimes, reading quite a bit, playing on the PlayStation (far too much sometimes), a bit of badminton and squash, and I’m part of the debating society at school which is quite fun. I used to do artwork but that seems like years ago now, so I really ought to start that up again. I have a new hobby in the way of collecting fountain pens and filling them with different coloured inks to brighten up my work. They’re lovely to write with, too.

This is a great way to get to know everyone!

I do many things with my life, but most of my time is devoted to theater. I just recently played Motel in “Fiddler on the Roof”.

I would of said animating, but since I am now graduating with a degree in it I guess its more then a hobby.

Cooking maybe, I like to make interesting meals. I like going out with friends, watching films and indulging in perhaps a little to much alcohol. I enjoy going to gigs as well, all of those are hobbies i suppose

haha, awesome thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now the biggest thing I do is Improv. I’m in the Improv club at school, and I’m actually one of the better members. everyone seems to think I’m hillarious, which is weird cuz a lot of times I’m not trying to be funny. I also occasionally skateboard (I’m actually trying really hard to get back into that), Facebook, and I’m interested in making videos which I’ll be able to do more next school year cuz I’ll be in the advanced digital video class at my school next year. And of course, chilling with friends is always fun :wink: Oh, and I love playing bass guitar! How did I forget that! :confused:

I’m a theatre person. It’s all I do honestly, besides make money so I can afford spending all my other hours doing theatre. Recent credits include Beauty and the Beast and Seussical the Musical. I’ve taken an bit of an acting break because of work, but I’m currently director, musical directing, assistant directing, and stage managing. Because I can’t stay away. …I obviously have a terrible habit of getting involved with way too many shows at once.

There has got to be other actors and theatre technicians, or enthusiasts, out there! Where are you hiding? :smiley:

HIGHFIVE SEAN

I love going to the theatre, especially with friends who are in the Youth Theatre, meaning we get discounted tickets. The theatre in the town where I live is one of the most famous in the country, so people around here sort of have to be into it, and it’s cool as we get famous people like Patrick Stewart performing in plays. But I’m rubbish at being on stage, so instead I’ve done a few behind-the-scenes things for school plays, nothing major. That’s cool that you’re both so into theatre, gazelle and love70ways. It seems like such a fun and rewarding thing to do.

Cool hobby, gazelle :slight_smile:

I love spending my free time with drawing, writing fanfiction, reading, surfing the Internet, playing video games and watching movies and their special features. Sometimes I make a fanvideo about Disney or Final Fantasy, depending wether I have an idea for a vid or not, but I have to wait until I have Beauty And The Beast before I can start on my next one.

Yay! I get to talk about my hobbies!

Anything Nintendo really. (Especially Mario. And Luigi. <3 Love those guys.) Videogames, Drawing, writing, internet, animals, researching stuff and locations for my stories, animated movies, reading, and researching Mario games.

I also customize Littlest Pet Shop figures occasionally, but not so much lately.

I’m also really interested in animal anatomy. Currently learning some basics in skeletons and stuff, that’s really gonna help with my drawing obsession…

I enjoy playing music, I can play piano and violin, it’s awesome, currently I’m working on Married Life by ear. :slight_smile:
I’m also pretty good at crocheting, and i can make almost anything out of paper. I even turned an old tissue box into WALL-E!

When i’m not at college, doing family stuff, with mates, the stuff I do in my spare time is,
Watching movies, particularly ones the ones in my close circle of movies (I very rarely go outside of the circle, only pixar or sequels to movies I already like, because in my opinion the stuff today is just garbage, golden example - ‘Furry Vengeance’.) That are my favourites (like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Toy Story, Zulu, the Bondsss etc). I enjoy watching them as they never fail to make me smile :slight_smile:

Reading what my favourite celebrities are up to (Not your typical Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Cheryl Cole, Megan Fox celebs, more like Charles Grodin, Simon Cowell etc.).
Google earth and Google maps street view are amazing, the whole planet :slight_smile:.
I have always enjoyed being in control (no alcohol or drugs,and don’t plan to, same w/ smoking) of myself, and keeping fit and healthy… I like very very long walks. :wink:

And I love watching alot cartoons, too many to name, but not Ben 10, Chowder or any of this modern garbage, the most modern I like is Ed Edd n Eddy, Cramp Twins, Powerpuff girls etc, they all came out in the same time frame a few years before the garbage. As they always, always keep me in a good mood and take my mind of other things, it’s almost like ‘a whole new world’ from the great Aladdin :slight_smile: … when I watch cartoons.

High five back atcha Gazelle!

It is so exciting to see someone else on the forums who lives for theater.
I bet you know this old saying:

“I can’t. I have rehearsal.”

Story of my life. Haha :laughing:

P.S. I feel so special because you used my first name!!!

Aside from playing video games, hanging out with my friends, making music videos, and writing fanfics of the Incredibles, I also love acting (stage/film), singing, dancing, swordfighting, exercising, tennis, swimming, and so much more.

I draw, paint, take pictures, collect/make skunk stuff, play with my u-command Wall-e (so I can write crazy stories about the adventures he has!), reading stuff I haven’t read 2 or 3 times already, making things out of oven-bake clay, making funny movies, watching movies, watching special features on movies, and I’m going to have a new hobby soon: selling things on the internet! Let’s see…I think that’s all.

:smiley: I have the intro to new members thread to thank for that. And lets say us actors just have no other choice but to have a sharp memory haha

Ahh, reminds me of when I was stage manager for my high school’s production of Fiddler on the Roof

*FFA- In High School, I was President of my school’s Future Farmers of America chapter. I went to public speaking contests and conferences. I raised several species of livestock such as swine, lambs, and beef. So that took up all of my time in high school.
I currently have 2 steers (casterated bulls) that I’ll show at the county fair and sell for money

*Cooking! I was in my high schools Culinary Arts program for 2 years. I’m still big in to cooking. I love to make Cajun/Creole food the most
*Drawing I love to draw. I draw people. I love to draw historical figures or people in historical clothing
*Youth Group. I’ve been in a youth group for 8 years. Even though I’m graduated I’m still going to go. We do lots of humanitarian work, like sponsering children in foreign countries, volunteering at soup kitches, and most recently being a Camp Consuler at a summer camp in New Orleans
*Gardening
[/b]Reading I read a lot of American history books!
Hanging out with friends[b] Going to take artsy pictures at cementeries and SNL movie nights at friends houses. Lots of random things with crazy friends!

[/b]

^The black one is my steer “General Lee” this picture is like 5 months old, but you get the picture. The one on the right isn’t mine, but my other steer (Teddy) is the same breed and looks just like him.
I need to upload a new picture! But yeah, in my free time I take care of them

I love computers! I hack em’, mod em’, fix em’ and anything you could possibly do to a computer.

I also love making music videos, exercising, and reading. I just read that new thriller called “The Overton Window”, which was pretty good (had a bit of language and had a couple adult scenes that I skipped, so I don’t know if I would exactly recommend it).

That’s so cool that you live in a farming family, ellie-jessie-eve! Working the land, raising livestock…It sounds like a lot of hard work that’s worth it. And your steers are gorgeous!