What's Your Style?

Clothing and appearance can say a lot about a person, so how much do you care about the type of clothing you wear, and what do you wear the most?

My fashion style is sorta basic so I can easily mix and match. I usually wear jeans since they’re so versatile. I’m more about comfort than worrying too much what I look like, but when I do choose clothes I try to pick what suits me, so when I do throw on an outfit I look pretty ok. I don’t really follow trends since that costs money to do so, and there’s more important things for me to focus on, but if there’s a style that suits me I may adopt it. The big thing at the moment is hoodies and jeans - the comfy, casual look, which is pretty easy for me to do. But if it’s a special occasion then it is nice to put on a dress for a change.

Winter - a t-shirt or long-sleeve top, fleecy jacket, dark skinny jeans, boots. If it’s cold enough, a hat, scarf and gloves.

Summer - t-shirt, denim shorts, thongs (flip-flops).

I usually shop at Cotton On (a cheaper version of Gap, I guess) for basically all my clothes and Target for shoes and other accessories, of which I usually try to get on sale. Why pay full price when you can wait a bit and save some cash?

When I’m on the computer I’m usually in trackies, a hoodie and slippers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually wear shirts that display what I love, most of them are video game related. I’ll have to find a bunch of Pixar shirts for my wardrobe now. I also prefer comfort over look, but I don’t want to look trashy. As for when I’m at home, I’m usually wearing pajama pants, and a plain t-shirt. I’m wearing pj-pants and going shirtless at this moment. :slight_smile:

Haha, I can see you now, Rachel, tapping away at the computer in your comfortable clothes and snuggly slippers. :laughing: And Australians call flip-flops ‘thongs’? I so want to go to Australia just to be able to walk around saying I’m wearing thongs without having people laugh at me. That’s also one of the reasons I want to go to America, just so I can say ‘fanny’ without getting weird looks. :laughing:

Anyway…I used to not be interested in fashion at all, just wearing whatever really. But in the past couple of years I’ve started to care more and now I’m a regular ‘fashionista’ (whatever that is). I almost always wear a dress of some sort, with tights in the winter, or sometimes a skirt with a top. I do put quite a bit of effort into looking nice, and I’m willing to pay a bit more for nice clothes. But in terms of style, I don’t really go for what’s ‘in season’. Like right now, it’s all the rage to wear black leggings and a slightly long top- as if leggings are a substitute for trousers! I don’t think I could ever wear that.

So yeah, I just generally wear dresses which tend to be quite colourful. My three favourite shops are Warehouse, River Island and Top Shop, and if I’m honest, I never buy stuff in the sale. I don’t know why. It just always seems to be full of the stuff I don’t want, and then I see something that’s full price and I always like it more. :laughing:

I’m the type of girl to go for t-shirts, jeans, and hoodies. I’m hoping to find some colored jeans one of these days, but living in the middle of nowhere has its disadvantages. :frowning: The t-shirts I wear usually come from stores like Aeropostale, Ambercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, and Hollister. I love shirts that have either a rockstar or musical vibe to them also. Like a shirt that has a pair of headphones on them or something. I usually get my jeans at stores that sell them for cheap. Jeans can be expensive!!!

In the summer, I love to wear shorts instead of jeans. And my shorts are usually the ones that are khaki or the type of shorts that resemble sweat pants you could say. I forget what they’re called. :slight_smile: I’ll wear jean shorts if they are unique. Like if they are a white denim or have a worn out look to them. To me, regular jean shorts are just boring. In summer, you should be dressed up all fun! Well, at least to me!

I hate wearing dresses and skirts! I feel so exposed down there. :blush: But there are times I have to suck it up and wear them. Like church or my chorus or band concerts.

For shoes, in the summer, I love sandals. Sporty sandals like from Addidas are best for me mainly for I can get kinda active outside. For the rest of the year, I love to wear sneakers. Mainly ones that are canvas like Converse. Only, I can’t afford to get the actual Converse brand. :frowning: Or even the sneakers like Etnies are cool also. Again, can’t afford the actual Etnies brand. That’s why I shop at Payless. I also love to wear shoes that are either platform or wedges. I feel so, what’s the word I’m looking for, empowered! Just being taller gives me more confidence.

My favorite store at the moment is Plato’s Closet. For those of you who don’t know what this store is, it’s a store where people sell their gently-used name brand clothing to the store, and the store sells the clothing back to others, for cheap! For example, I saw this shirt that didn’t even have the original tag off of it yet and the original price was $28. The tag that gave the price at Plato’s Closet said they were reselling it for $8. So it was about 71.5% off! (I had to use math in the summer. Noooo!!!) But see what I mean about loving that store! And the clothes are in season.

Wow, I have a long description of my fashion! Then again, I’m a bit of a shopaholic. XD I bought two shirts at American Eagle and a bunch of nail polish at Claire’s with my birthday money. That shows you how much I love clothes! And makeup. XD

I absolutely love to shop, but the problem is, I love to shop so much that if I actually had money to shop I would drive myself broke. :laughing:

I can’t help that my taste always leans to the expensive stuff - and not even on purpose! I just see something that I like and when I check the price tag, it’s always the most expensive thing. I try to get away with as many sales as I can, being a penny-pincher and all. I want to make my money worth the while.

If I had my way, I would be shopping at stores like American Eagle and Aeropostale all the time. (Sadly, none of those stores are up where I live. I have to go two and a half hours downstate just to visit an American Eagle store. :frowning:) I have a lot of name brand clothes mainly because I get them from other people; like, I have two cousins that would send me bagfuls of clothes that they had outgrown - and they were still all in good shape!!! I would have to say that Aeropostale has my favorite style of clothes, but my favorite store of all time is Debs because you can get insane deals there!!!

Usually I can be seen wearing a basic form-fitting t-shirt with some kind of cami underneath, Bermuda shorts or capris, and my trusty pair of red low-cut or black high-top Converse. Or a hoodie when it’s a bit chilly out. I’m usually not following popular styles, but I make sure that what I wear isn’t completely out of date, either. :laughing: Like lizardgirl said, I’m really not into the whole leggings thing, either. I’m not sure if you’ll ever actually see me in them!!!

During the winter I usually wear jeans and a tshirt. I really don’t like sweaters; I’d rather just slip on a hoodie instead.

I don’t like big t-shirts on me. I don’t know why. I would rather wear something form-fitting (not stuff that suffocates you or anything. It has to be comfy). Maybe that comes with me being so insecure about myself and how people see me. I just want them to think I’m pretty or like me, so looks matter a lot to me. I don’t wear hardly any make up - just a bit of foundation to cover up zits and such and some eyeliner and eyeshadow. :slight_smile:

I don’t have any skinny jeans but I wish I had money so I could get some! I’ve had people say I have the legs for it… :blush: Heh…

But yeah. That’s my style. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

I don’t think I really have a style of clothing. Most of my shirts are from school events or clubs (Band, Art, Robotics) and at the end of last year, our teacher gave out shirts from Spanish club from about 5 years ago. I do have a some shirts that I find from the guys department at Khols (I’m not small enough to fit in the “Skinny American Teenage Girl Stereotype” department -.-) so I do have a few shirts that say the “5/4 of the population have a problem with fractions” and “Hard work never hurt anyone, but I don’t want to risk it” And then I have the occasional shirts that I bought from the Disney store that were on sale. But most of the time 50% of my closet is school related shirts.

I usually wear basketball shorts or kapris, but I did go to this store called Avenue and they had a sale on shorts for like $5 each, and boy, did we take advantage of that. Now I have tons of plaid shorts that end right under the knee. They kinda match with some stuff. More around winter and spring time do I wear jeans.

As for jewelry, I don’t like to wear anything that I have to take off then put back on because it can’t get wet. I wear a watch on my left hand and three bracelets on the right: One is a black livestrong-like plastic bracelet, one is a rubber band bracelet with little beads around it, and the other is one we made in history class for a study guide over American history. I also wear two necklaces: one is a metal cross wrapped in a wire and the other is a shell necklace that I get from the beach each year. I also wear small earrings to keep the holes open, but they’re just small squares. Nothing fancy.

In winter I’ll just throw a jacket over what I’m wearing. I also wear tennis shoes during this time too (the rest of the year I wear flip flops).

Comfort always wins.

(Awesome thread idea!) I avoid make-up, jewelry, earrings, and purses (but I’ll wear some of these things at school dances, dates, or recitals). I do my best to look good, but I’m not a shop-a-holic girl.

For my casual every-day outfit, I wear skinny jeans or ripped jeans and a short-sleeved shirt with bands like The Cure or Metallica on it. Or random things like Free Tibet and the Gryffindor emblem. Like little-chef, I don’t like big t-shirts, so I get shirts that fit my figure comfortably. I usually wear a watch, a sweat band, or one of those rubber circles that says “Tolerance” on it. A bag I can sling over my shoulder to carry a cellphone and wallet. A thin,dark blue jacket with white stripes, and black sunglasses.

Winter-Thick jacket, gloves, my school scarf, and jeans.
Summer-Flip-flops, a two-piece swim suit , and sunglasses.
Athletic-Tight black pants, rubber shoes, and one of my short-sleeved shirts.

Well, my style could be summed up with one word: Casual.

Fall/Winter (or when ever it is cold)

T-shirt (red or blue, dark or light)
Jeans (not too tight, not to loose, blue)
Jacket
socks
Tennis shoes
and on some occasions, a hat.

Summer (or when ever it is hot)

T-shirt (red or blue, bright)
shorts or jeans (preferably the first)
somedays, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

My style used to be Preppy I used to try to fit in , but lately I realized that I was just being something I’m not only to fit in, so I stoped that recently.

Now I am being more myself with a bohemian girly style.
I wear what I like now not what everyone else likes, and I’m a lot more confident that way.

I like wearing my gladiator sandals everyday and I really love cotton flowy tops .

Another part of me being myself and not turning myself into someone the popular girls want and being more confident is not stratening my hair anymore.

My hair is curly and I used to always me ashamed of that because none of the popular girls had curly hair. Now I love it and I wear it down everyday curly and I get compliments

A good example of my style is…

store.delias.com/item.do?itemID= … andFilter=

store.delias.com/item.do?itemID= … &color=SWA

store.delias.com/item.do?itemID= … andFilter=

My favorite stores right now would have to be,

American Eagle,Target, Forever 21, Delias, Charlotte Russe, and Pac sun. :slight_smile:

Whenever I’m at home i tend to dress completely different to how i dress outside. You’d find me wearing fairly sporty clothing mainly because i find it comfortable to wear. It’s as simple as that!

When I’m out of the house, I tend to be dressed head to toe in nothing but black. And I wear a hoodie with a hole in its sleeve that my mum seems to hate quite a bit :laughing:

But yes, i mainly dress in all black which isn’t very welcoming from the townsfolk i pass by each day.

Oh well!

I’m always wearing a T-Shirt, In winter or fall I usually wear it with jeans and in the summer it’s usually with cargo pants. I’m one of those people who doesn’t really care what is on the T-Shirt, I think it’s kinda stupid that some of my friends pay up to $100 on jeans. and $70 for T-Shirts. I have better things like Pixar movies to buy :laughing: . So, lots of my shirts have Disney related subjects on them. I tend to have a lot of Pirates of the Caribbean shirts from Disney parks and Wal-Mart. I also have shirts that have Narnia or Up related subjects.

Interesting to read about your fashion tastes, people (and good idea for a thread, Rachel)!

Well, when I was back in Singapore, I pretty much wore T-shirt and bermudas, since you can sweat a lot in trousers and long-sleeves and it could get quite sticky in the humid weather. S’pore and M’sians are not really fashion-conscious because of this, I remember a survey done on the type of clothes people wear on Orchard Road (which is like Sydney’s George Street, Paris’ Champ Elysees, or New Yorks’ Madison Ave, ie it is the main shopping street to be seen and heard in the entire island). What they found was a dismal amount of pedestrians wore T-shirts and bermuda shorts, hardly the sort of clothes you would wear on a day out and about town. But most of the people argued that it’s hard to wear anything else in such a hot climate.

Anyway, I digress. Usually when I’m in Sydney during the summer, I wear a similar getup. If it’s slightly colder, I wear cargo pants (with those nice velcro pockets like the kind the army wears, for me to keep all my knick-knacks, I can’t stand stuffing my phone and wallet into tight jeans pockets) and maybe a long-sleeve shirt over a singlet or T-shirt.

In winter (of which I’ve sat through two so far), I usually wear a windbreaker (or windcheater) or a hoodie over a jumper (or sweater). During these times, I usually wear the thicker jeans or corduroy pants.

My favourite kind of shirts are those with spoof of famous logos (cos’ I love parodies), funny statements, and my ultimate favourite: Hawaiians (and this before I even knew Mr Lasseter wore them all the time!). I’m not a ‘hat’ or ‘cap’ kinda guy, but I got a couple of free caps and a beret which I never wear.

Sneakers are my favourite kind of shoes, and I absolutely hate ankle socks (they’re so… skimpy). Call me old-fashioned, but I like those socks which actually cover your shin (though I roll the tops down, don’t want to look too dorky).

Oh, and if it’s not shoes, I wear those abominations called Crocs. People hate their looks, but I think they’re unique and quite comfy (although at times it feels like I’m walking on rubber bricks). They’re easy to wash, and my current pair even looks like a loafer! (I’ve gone through two pairs already, this being my third) I don’t play sports (and if I feel like an exercise, I walk, swim or ride a bike), so I don’t have any real “sports attire”. I hate the material anyway, feels all synthetic and not as ‘real’ as cotton.

When I’m indoors, I usually wear T-shirt (Giordano is my favourite brand, it’s popular in Sing) and shorts. And like a typical Asian, I take my shoes off and walk around barefoot. Why would you want to bring dirt from outside into your home anyway? :smiley:

I couldn’t care less. As long as it doesn’t look outrageous, and it fits, it’s good.

Good advice!

Well, my style’s pretty basic, but it’s also unique. If I can get stuff cheap, you best believe I’ll do it. And I don’t mind hand-me-downs. Actually, some of my favorite outfits I got handed down from a friend. We’ve just recently discovered DD’s Discounts, the cheapest place I know to buy clothes. My parents got me a pair of jeans there for 7 bucks! Generally, I like to be comfortable, but I do like to dress-up some times.

I like to wear make-up a lot, but I don’t do it very often. When I do though, It usually involves ether really bright, or really dark eye-shadow, and everything else pretty much just blends with my face. But I don’t go crazy with the shadow (like Meme on the Drew Carey Show for instance :laughing: ), I just like when people look at my eyes when I’m talking :wink: . I don’t wear jewelry often. When I do, I like to wear lots of bracelets. I don’t like wearing earrings much. But I have each ear pierced twice, so I kinda have to just to keep the holes open.

As for my choice of clothes, I like Polo shirts, T-shirts, jeans, and any shirt that gets tight at the wast. I prefer to be conservative, so I don’t show much (or any) cleavage. I like light material for shirts, because it gets hot wear I live. And I LOVE anything that makes my chest look smaller or at least hides it. When it’s cold, I love wearing long-sleeved-shirts, especially leotards.

I prefer pants to shorts. If I’m trying to look nice, I like when my pants fit me snug (but not tight). If I’m just being comfortable or doing physical work, I like my clothes to be loose. I like boot-cut, low-riding jeans made from soft, worn, and stretchy material. I don’t like to wear skirts or dresses very often.

I try not to be picky with shoes, though it can be challenging to find a pair that fit me (and at a good price), seeing as I have extraordinarily wide feet. It can be hard to find sandals for me because my feet get sore really easy, so I try to stick with regular rubber, arched flip-flops, as long as there’s nothing between the toes. I LOVE my boots! I have one pair of high-healed, black boots that I absolutely love. But other than shoes that are somehow tied to my ankle or closed over my foot, I try to avoid high-heals. I like to wear sneakers the most (after boots), and I wear them the most often.

But those are just my preferences. I don’t fallow trends, only styles I like and can afford. I’m usually casual. So, as long as it fits, it’s comfortable, and I don’t look like a slob or indecent, it pretty much qualifies as “ready-to-wear.” :wink:

I never really thought about my style, if I have one. I’m usually casual.
I’d wear a t-shirt or a casual-styled top, and medium pants. I do not like tight pants like skinny jeans- I would go for the comfort of pants that you just wear without the need of zipping, tying, or buttoning. Though jeans can be fine for me once in a while because the tight pockets are useful.
When going out, I usually wear sandals or, if I must wear closed-toed shoes, shoes without the need of tying shoelaces. Shoelaces get in the way a lot of times. Sometimes I don’t have time to tie them (like in the middle of an active game).

I usually don’t even bother to put any jewelry on my hair. The most I usually go for are stretchy headbands. But occasionally, if it gets too hot, I would tie my hair. (Right now my hair’s too short for that). I have way more hairstuff than I’ll probably ever want to use, much less need. Though some people told me I’ll get into accessories like other girls someday. :unamused: Only time will tell, but I don’t really think so.
My current hair is like Colette’s, or Jane’s from Return to Neverland (you get the idea- it’s short).

I hardly wear accessories. I wear my watch 24/7, but I don’t think that counts. Once in a while, I’ll throw in a nice necklace. My favorite necklaces to wear are one that looks like a rainforest lizard and one that looks like those I.D. tags they wear in military, only with Chococat on it. Not that fancy. Neither are sparkly or glittery. That should tell you something about me.

I don’t go for nail polish at all. I used to, but now I’m not into it.

For some reason, I like to tie my jacket around my waist. I don’t know why, really. I just wear it like that without putting the jacket on at all sometimes. Even if I know I’m not gonna wear it, I occasionally will take it anyway and go ahead and tie it (except right now, in the summer). Maybe it’s because it looks kinda like a skirt that way, but I doubt it’s because of that because I dislike skirts. Then again, I sometimes have these self-contridictions (i.e. I dislike pink yet like hot pink). Maybe because it reminds me of Tinkerbell’s casual/sporty look. I don’t know…

I hardly ever wear dresses or skirts. Pants are just more comfortable for me. And I can do more in pants.

Um…yeah, I think that’s all I can say about my style, if you could call that a style.

Nerdy-like Carl Fredricksen.

Bow-tie.
Suspenders.
well, period. I already gave you the hint right?

Well, I’ve recently gotten into skateboarding again, so I’m trying to wear clothes like that again. Dirty Jeans (I don’t do skinny jeans), T-shirt, and skate shoes. That’s on a regular day where I’ll probably be practicing my skating. When I want to look nice I’ll wear a button up shirt, and sometimes I’ll wear a T-shirt and wear the button up shirt on top of that unbuttoned. When it’s hot I go swimming, so I’ll just wear a bathing suit. If swimming isn’t an option, switch out the jeans with shorts.

Yeah, that about covers it. :wink:

I’m kind of into graphic tees, jeans, and hoodies. I’m pretty basic.

I don’t really have a distinct style. I get a lot of hand-me-downs from my cousins, but that usually means I end up with a bunch of brand-name clothes. :sunglasses:

I like anything fitted, and I like layering my clothes, too. Fitted long-sleeves under a baby graphic tee for the win. Plus skinny jeans and my Converse, and depending on how cold I am a hoodie.

little chef