Where do you work?

I know that many of us here are at the age where we can get a job, so if that’s you, then where do you work? Do you like the type of work you do? Would you gladly take another job if one opened up?

I have a work study at the university I am at, so I don’t get many hours. It’s ok though, I have plenty to keep me busy with school! Anyway, I work in the financial aid department. I mainly do a lot of filing, but I usually have a few odd jobs here and there. At this point, I don’t want another job as I don’t think I’d have the time. I’d gladly get a job where I can get more hours when I am home on break though.

I never really worked while I was in Aussie because I found at my age and lack of retail experience, quite difficult to get a job anywhere decent (i.e, not Maccas/KFC etc). However, back here on Norfolk where I have been holidaying for the past 8 1/2 weeks, as people know me and what I can do, I’ve had plenty of work, mainly relating to computer stuff eg. fixing computers, connecting them to servers.

But now that my resume is built up with some more retail stuff, plus the fact that I am 18 and will be going to Uni, I think I should have a better chance of getting a good job back in Aussie.

I don’t qualify for work study at my current school, so I’m unemployed. I don’t have much time to work, anyway, and I’m not in dire need of money. shrugs

I’ve never kept a real job since my parents both work. I wind up just taking care of the animals here. The closest thing I have to a job is helping out my dad on Sundays - he sells at the flea market because we figured we might as well do something there, since my brother has a job there and we don’t want to drive there and back - the toll adds up.

I’ll be working in Walt Disney World Florida by sometime after February 2nd - not sure exactly when I’ll start working. I’ll be in custodial, which I heard isn’t as bad as it sounds. The only thing that irks me is toilet cleaning, but that’s one thing and if I’m lucky I won’t have to do that.

I’ve worked since I turned sixteen, so for over two years now, at a shoe shop in town called Clarks. I don’t know how international it is so you guys probably won’t have heard of it, but it’s a pretty big company. I tend to only work four and half or six hours a week (just one day at the weekend, usually Sunday) but I work extra during the holidays for a bit of a cash boost.

It’s a pleasant job. My co-workers are great and the customers usually aren’t too bad, plus it’s a good bit of exercise and looks good on my CV. All I really have to do is get shoes for customers and serve at the tills, as well as working on the children’s section where I have to fit the shoes for them. If the shop does well and we all meet minimum standards on shoecare and handbags, we get a bonus to share. Plus, as it’s a big company, Clarks are willing to sponsor me for when I go travelling at the end of this year, so I’m not complaining. :laughing:

Well my first job was at a discount/grocery store, much like a Wal-mart Supercenter (gotta start somewhere, right?) first as a cashier, but later was promoted to Customer Service. To put this experience diplomatically, I wouldnt recommend it. I quit there once I got a job at my current place of work, Bath & Body Works, which for those who may not know, is a body care/home fragrance store. We sell scented lotions and shower gels and creams, and we are also attached to the White Barn Candle Company, where we sell scented candles, and room sprays, and electric plug-ins. and things like that.

Currently, I am unemployed. I am trying to search for a job, but in these economic times, it is hard to do so.

i want to work either as a writer or as an free-lance author. That is quite a long-shot so for now i’m looking at a curousy clerk like by brother. It looks easy and the company is great. It would be an excellent starter job.

I used to work at Dairy Queen, i recently got a job at a local pizza shop. :stuck_out_tongue:

i was 18 wen i went to my first job. it was hm… let me think how to say it :laughing: i was working with some titles and background images for one news program at TV station.
then i was doing some easy job with 3d for example weather cast animations.
after i was editing documentary films.
worked with several music videos (they were shooting on DVCAM… you can imagine the quality :confused: ).
after did some 3d job again for news bumpers.
after some architectural renderings.
and now i am working in one company in witch i am called a “designer” (they do not really understand what this position means. so i would say a am more like an consultant in advertising communications :laughing: ).
and now i am 29 years old and i still watch animated movies and i have a small wall-e robot toy :blush:
i love animations i love visual effects and wen i watch pixar animations my heart is jumping like the cangoroo.
so you may guess that my dream is not just to watch animated films, but also work in this beautiful place called PIXAR.