You know what really warms my heart?

In spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought of something we could do.
In each post:
First, name a Pixar character and what he/she is (probably) thankful for.
After that, list 5-10 things you are thankful for (shouldn’t be that hard).
Try to refrain from repeats, please (unless you’re mentioning Pixar in your list of things you’re thankful for, 'cause that’s understandable). :wink:
Ready?

WALL-E is thankful for EVE and fun things to play with.

I am thankful for:

1. Internet access
  2. Vacations
  3. Animals
  4. Friends
  5. Music
  6. Sugar
  7. Colors
  8. Health
  9. Hands
  10. Pixar, of course!
    :smiley:

Well, I’m not American but I suppose I’ll give it a try.

Andy is thankful for all of those new toys.

Things I’m thankful for:

1. My existence.
  2. My friends and family.
  3. A roof over my head and food on the table.
  4. The internet.
  5. Pixar.

Linguini is thankful for Remy (and Colette maybe).

I’m thankful for
1.this wonderful ‘Earth’ (in this wonderful galaxy [in this wonderful universe])
2.my ability to think
3.my ability to see, hear, sense(touch), taste and smell
4.family and friends
5.nature (including animals and plants)
6.entertainment
7.health
8.food & drinks
9.technology
10.Pixar!

Basically, I’m just thankful of everything I could ever have.

BTW, I think Boo is thankful for Sulley & Mike too.

Bob is thankful for his family’s support (I would have done Violet, but I’m leaving that for a certain someone).

I want to thank all the little people I stepped on.

No, of course I’m kidding. :slight_smile: But seriously…

I want to thank the people of Pixar Planet forums, especially special thanks goes to The Star Swordsman and thedriveintheater, for putting up with me countless times even though it is a tremendous feat requiring colossal tolerance. Some of you might have already began to hate me (c’mon; don’t lie :stuck_out_tongue:), but no one have the right to blame you for that, so, thanks for upholding your tolerance for so long anyway. Arigatou gozaimasu! bows

I would also like to thank, I’m surprised to say, my parents, for taking care of me even though I’m not the most filial kid in the tiny red dot called Singapore. They could had abandoned me or something, but they didn’t and still take very much care with me.

Thank God. Yes, you expected this to come out; don’t lie. ;-p God must be thanked because without Him, I wouldn’t be here talking with you, at least not with a functional brain (childhood accident) or without a criminal record (bad friend from childhood).

Thank the people who made Coca-Cola. Oh, yes. Without them, the days of my childhood would have been a healthier one but, nonetheless, a much boring one.

Thank Mel Gibson for spreading the word of God, though you’re helping the wrong party, John Smith.

So, that’s five already, right? Let’s see if I can top ten.

Thank Dane Cook, for making me laugh. The guy with the waxed mustache you stole the jokes from didn’t, so I don’t give a crap if your jokes were original or not.

Thank Sarah Vowell, for voicing my favorite girl.

Thank Gosho Aoyama. Without your creation of Detective Conan, I can tell you I will be a very different (and probably more violent) man (and criminal) by now, so thank you from preventing me from going to the county! And thank you for creating my most favorite character anywhere anytime. Thank you, Gosho, you did a fantastic job.

Thank Mr. Bird for making my favorite animated movie. Without you, I wouldn’t have came here in the first place, talking to you eccentrics. :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding, of course! :laughing:

Of course, last but not least, c’mon, let’s say together now…

THANK YOU PIXAR! YOU DID A GOOD JOB!

Thank you folks! I love yall! Have a nice Thanksgiving holiday!

Wingo: I am sure he is thankful for his HUGE spoiler

10 things I am thankful for:

1. my health
  2. my girlfriend
  3. my family
  4. food
  5. all the blessings the lord has giving me (too many to list)

Have a good thanksgiving everybody.

First off, I would like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

Well, i am thankful for a lot of things.

God, family, friends, Pixar (The Incredibles and their characters), a dwelling place, school (kinda), food, and there is just so much.

Most of you guys have already posted the things that I am really thankful for.

WBoon:

Are you saying that you want me to say that I am thankful for Violet? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you’re welcome. I’m somewhat a patient person. I’ll admit, there were times where I couldn’t stand you, but I see good in you. Show that moe often please. Everyone here loves that about you. :wink:

Coca-Cola: one of the the greates drinks in the world. I wouldn’t be the same person without it.

Sarah Vowell huh? I never thought of that. Me too. :wink:

I’m thankful for: (in no particular order)

1. Paganism
  2. Family
  3. Friends
  4. My writing abilities :smiley:
  5. My drawing abilities :smiley:
  6. Mab
  7. My pets
    8 ) DCP
  8. My music video abilities (I hope they get better!)
  9. The books I read
  10. The films I watch.
  11. The people who are nice to me on this forum. :smiley:

I think that’s it … well, there’s probably more but it can go on forever. :laughing:

Thankfull for;
1-Christianity
2-My Parents
3-Pixar Planet
4-Holidays
5-Relatives and Family
6-The ability to do good
7-Allowing me one more day to live

Nice idea for a thread, bright dot-dasher! And a Happy Thanksgiving! :smiley:

Mirage is thankful to the Parrs for giving her a second chance.

I’m thankful for my mother, just for being my mother, my cat, for being the cuddliest, sweetest and strangest thing in the world, my six best friends who I couldn’t function without, the people I work with for being such incredible coworkers, Pixar for making some of the best movies ever, and especially for making Randall, Freud for being the first to truly develop my favourite subject in the world, and, of course, everyone on these forums for being so great.

Ultimate long run-on sentence! Yay! :laughing:

Cool idea for a thread, bright dot-dasher, and it’s a good counter to the ‘Grind My Gears’ thread, eheh. And Happy Thanksgiving, y’all. =)

EVE is thankful to WALL•E for teaching her what love is all about.

• My family.
  • Being relatively healthy.
  • Having a roof over my head.
  • Being of moderate intelligence so I can learn new things.
  • Pixar.
  • People who are nice to me.
  • My kitty cats and their unconditional love.
  • Music (one of my biggest loves, and I could not live without it).
  • Pixar Planet (and my friends here) and the Internet, in general.
  • Krispy Kreme donuts and other yummy food.

Brilliant idea, bright dot-dasher! :wink:

Remy is thankful for the meaning of passion… and its unremitting tendency to drive one forward…

Hmm. Let’s see. I’m thankful for zhese entities, objects, and non-tangible items:

• God – for making my life, and the lives of others, what it is; for always being there, now and forever; for His unremitting dedication, unfathomable love, and interminable wisdom; and the list goes on…

• My family – for assisting me in every aspect of life, even when I don’t deserve it; my dad, for making me laugh; my mom, for always lending a hand and bringing me back up onto my feet; my youngest sister, for being an absolute goofball; and, especially, my other sister, for being my sister… and for making me wet my pants due to an overdose of “humouritis” (it’s a rare disease, and there’s no cure for it either :laughing: ).

• Pixar Animation Studios and Disney Studios – for lifting my spirits, painting a smile upon my face, and providing me with more than enough films to watch when I’m downright bored.

• Every animal that I’ve encountered in my lifetime – for without them, life wouldn’t be half as meaningful.

• Brad Bird – for smiling at me just that one time; just for smiling at me. Sir, I appreciated that more than anyone could ever know…

– Books – for a universe can not be so beautifully painted in any other medium as they can within the pages of a novel.

• Food , especially chocolate – for without it, there would be no point in living, man. If there was no chocolate in the world, the Earth would be a sad place indeed…

• Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream – for it’s not just another pint of food, it’s Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

• Pencils and paper – for there is no better way to express one’s emotions, inner thoughts, and feelings… than with a piece of lead… and a sheet of paper…

• Music – for transporting listeners to unknown destinations… and memories from the past.

• Ratatouille – for there is no other film that not only enriched my life, but explained it in such detail that it would become a mirror of my journey; a documentary; a dance; and a romance…

• God – because one can never praise Him enough…

Above all, I’m thankful for God, with family coming in second, and Ratatouille coming in third. There are so many other things that I’m sure I’m thankful for, but those up there are in the top ten… or twenty. Heheh.

I hope that everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! :wink:

– Mitch

Well, as a direct counterpoint to the “You know what really grinds my gears” and to resurrect an old bright-dot-dasher (who was an awesome member back in her days) thread, I’d thought we’d take the time to share some of the things that make us feel good and warm and all fuzzy inside. [size=50]That’s what he/she said![/size]

They can be the little moments in life that make us smile, the kind gestures of a stranger or a friend that tells us all is right with the world, or facts/events that we can be thankful or grateful for.

If “You know what really grinds my gears” are the things that give us stress, hate, and nightmares, then “You know what really warms my heart” are the things that give us happiness, love, and sweet, sweet dreams made of cotton candy and rainbows.

So, without further ado, and as a good way to begin 2013 with a positive attitude, I’ll start:

Westlife

Ah, the 90s. When songs were about finding true love (not finding love in a hopeless place), recovering from setbacks (not setting fire to the rain), and having a good time with friends (not getting high like a mother******).

Westlife, the Irish boy band who sold 50 million records worldwide, was one of the groups I grew up with. Twelve years ago, my family lived in Indonesia for a year, and this five-man (which would eventually become four) band would always be crooning on the TVs at our local McDonalds.

So for all you children of the Nineties (as well as those who didn’t live through it), have some Westlife in your life! :slight_smile:

If I Let You Go

My Life

Flying Without Wings

Swear It Again

I Lay My Love On You

Good idea reviving the thread, TDIT. :bulb:
One of the many things I’m thankful for is Disney. Despite the playful jibes I occasionally send towards you, they are the playful jibes one says to a close friend. I love you, Disney. You complete my world. You brought us some amazing films. You, like a midwife, helped to deliver Pixar’s extroadinary creations out into the world, like a newborn baby, except Pixar’s films do not look like, at first, abominations. You handed me Nightmare Before Christmas and lighted the fire of my fanboyism. Promise never to go back to the bad movies. You don’t need Chicken Littlenor Home on the Range. Stay with your new, good, movies, like Princess and the Frog, Winnie the Pooh, Tangled or even Wreck It Ralph. I love you from the bottom of my heart, in spite of the atrocities. And that is what I am thankful for.

Here’s another thing that I’m thankful for: having a job.

And this is TDIT on a good day.

I know millions of workers everyday b***h and whine about waking up, putting on a tie, and slogging the 9 to 5. And I understand that. I have a very demanding (but kind) boss, a position where tasks keep piling on as I learn more on the job, and unconventional working hours (2pm to 11pm). On my bad days, I don’t even feel like stepping into my office.

But when I read about my jobless friends on Social Security in Australia from Facebook; when I see the disaffected and angry youths and laid-off workers in America, Greece, Ireland, Britain; or when I watch the rubbish-dump pickers in India or the sweatshop workers in China on the news, I thank my stars that I have a full-time job that pays me decently, has a union, and gives me staff benefits like night allowance and paid leaves.

I don’t write this to brag - I barely earn enough to afford rent and I am well aware that I’m a foreigner here who will be the first to go during downsizing periods. But I’m grateful that I’ve been given the chance to work in one of the biggest organisations in the country - doing what I love, writing film reviews and media critiques, and getting paid for it. It makes all the ungodly hours, last-minute rushes to offstone, and the uncomfortable swivel chair, all worthwhile.

Here is another thing I’m thankful for:
Starbucks. Yes, you big faceless, tax-avoiding, corporate sellout, you. You make good coffee. I need good coffee. Me + coffee = Mr. Nice Flame. Me + Starbucks = Good times. Simple.

Nice, I’ve been wanting to make a list of things I’m happy for :slight_smile:

In no real order…

1. Pixar, and animation in general, for always being there for me to give me warm memories or make new ones that immediately become nostalgic the next year. You know?

2. Family and friends, as cliche as that sounds. We really do take the people in our life for granted though. It’s tough to sit back and imagine life without most of them.

3. Art, in all forms, and the ability to create it we all have.

4. Computers, and the immediate escapism of the internet.

5. Music of all kinds, even the kinds I don’t like, and for what it means to every individual. But for me personally—for what the music conveys in my imagination.

6. Food that is put on the table every day.

7. Good health. I could have cancer or a broken arm or blindness but I am doing fine and well instead.

8. Freddie Mercury and what he has done to influence me creatively, and in my self-expression, and motivating me to learn music in the first place.

9. Forums like this one, where we don’t have to feel embarrassed for honestly expressing who we are.

10. Last and most important of all, for God!

~ Things to be grateful for ~

My supervisor giving me six cans of beer from his Christmas carton. While I’m not a drinker, I appreciated the kind gesture.

Laying out my first letters page for the newspaper I work for. It was exhausting, but I’m contented that I’m helping to provide a way for our readers to voice their concerns to the public and the authorities. Choosing the letters to run is difficult… proofreading them is harder!

My brother will be paying me a visit from Malaysia this Friday. Looking forward to meeting him.

Bought two Blu-Rays for fifty bucks last weekend: Legend Of The Guardians and Heat. Will open and watch them next weekend as a treat.

Have some baby animals:

Gosh, the baby squirrel is SO DAMN CUTE! :smiley:

What warms my heart?

1. My heart really gets warm when I see my favorite female teacher in school. She is so cute and lovely, I can’t stop smiling when I see her :slight_smile:.
  2. I feel happy when I listen to my favorite songs.
  3. I’m near to tears when a movie (escpecially Disney/animated movies) ends good and with a happy ending.
  4. Cute things make me happy, for instance an animal baby, cute art or cute people.

:slight_smile:

I’m really in need of a good cheering up, and trawling through dA is a good pick-me-up!

Here are some of my faves:

Zebra Kiss by Chris Sanders, creator of Lilo & Stitch

Ursa Scare by Lauren Faust, creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Little Dragon’s Story Time by Briane Drouhard, artist and writer of Billie the Unicorn

Sab-arooo Two by Sibsy, a Cars fan artist who became an illustrator at Boom Studios and storyboard artist of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I Love Noodles by Skia, a prolific fox artist on dA