The Wandering's fanart

Avid Toy Story fan here, I’ve only got three in my DA gallery right now, but I hope to add more.

deviantart.com/deviation/45793591/
deviantart.com/deviation/46614024/
deviantart.com/deviation/50520843/

Buzz is an absolute terror to draw.

Those are very well done :3 The Wandering
You’re good

and welcome to the forums

I think they’re really good, TW! I like specially the “Checkers” one, it’s funny! :laughing:
I like the way you draw Jessie, she looks really cute. :wink:

By the way, welcome to PP! :smiley:

The Wandering- Your art is beautiful! I love how completed it all looks- you’ve got some amazing colouring skills, and all of the characters look perfect! You must spend a lot of time on each piece. :smiley:

And welcome to Pixar Planet! :smiley:

I like it, The Wandering! Great job! :smiley:

And welcome to Pixar Planet!

The Wandering: Welcome to Pixar Planet. And your TS drawings are just so incredible! I love your your drawing style.

Nice to see some TS art, and yea I agree Buzz can be a headache to draw, :wink: :mrgreen:

Welcome to PP! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! These boards are a bit slower than what I’m used to, so hopefully I can keep up instead of lurking all the time. :smiley:

Yeah, lizardgirl, these drawings do take a while to finish sometimes. It seems like TS stuff has been almost nonexistent since the first movie came out.

I hope to put at least one more up this month. :frowning:

Amazing artwork, The Wandering! I look forward to seeing more. :wink:

Wow, those are great! Awesome job! :smiley:

The Wandering - Wow. Beautiful artwork you have there, I must say! You have managed to capture that 3-D look of the characters without making them look too realistic or overly “cartoony”. I especially love how you’ve integrated that kind of “plastic” look about the toys via shading and lighting, and Jessie’s facial expressions in both the first and last compositions are just darling.

I love 'em! Awesome artwork! :smiley:

The Wandering- Well, it’s good that you spend a lot of time to make a piece really complete, rather than rushing it and it not being exactly the way you want it! Though I do know what you mean- there’s not a whole lot of TS fanart out there…I guess it can be quite difficult to get the ‘toy’ feel, though, so that might put people off. But you certainly manage to achieve it! :smiley:

I don’t know whether to keep replying, or add to my opening post. I thought I’d try and take a stab at Remy. I’m not a very good sketch artist; it usually takes me between 2-20 tries when I actually draw on paper, and of course there’s no undo button like on the computer.

Anyway, I’ve only been practicing him for maybe less than 2 days. He still doesn’t look quite right to me, so I’m going to research some rat anatomy later, and hoping that acquiring the artbook might help since I have close to no good high res photos of the cast. Although, the design of the rats has always bothered me in general, since I never know what to do with their weird lower jaws.

I think you nailed him - to my un-trained eye at least. Great job, The Wandering! Mitch will love it! :smiley:

Very nice work there the Wandering. Remy looks absoultely incredible. You really worked hard on it. NIce job!

The Wandering- I think Remy looks great! The one where he’s speaking looks especially good, mainly because of the angle of the nose and the way you’ve achieved the perspective there. The one where he’s turning around has some very fluid lineart, and looks pretty spot-on to me, but perhaps he should be a little thinner? To be honest, I wouldn’t know- one of our resident rat experts should be able to help out a little more there! :laughing:

And as for the crawling one, Remy looks great! There’s lots of movement in this sketch, and the level of furriness is just right.

The Wandering - I’m going to be truthful here and state that they all look absolutely wonderful, especially the bottom one where he is scurrying along the floor (he looks the most “rat-like” in that particular pose). Beautiful anatomy, I must say! Excellent work. :smiley:

Haha! Truth be told, I’m not really sure myself! I suppose he could be tad bit slimmer around the waist-line, but other than that he looks perfect!

You bet your whiskeres I do! :wink:

– Mitch

Yeah, I keep drawing him a little on the fat side for some reason. I think it’s partly because my reference photos are kinda bad. I think most of the online ones are too small. It’s also difficult for me to find the line between a rat stretching out its body, or bunching up so it looks fatter. :~o

But since you have rats, Mitch (I’m right, right?) you probably know what I’m trying to say.

I still have to work on the 3/4 views of Remy’s face, plus looking downward from the front. I REALLY need that artbook. Or official reference sheets, lol.

The Wandering - Heheh – yeah, I see what you’re trying to say. I do, indeed, have a rat at the moment, and one thing I can confidently say about rats is that they’re very flexible little creatures. It can be rather difficult to sketch them out if you don’t know their anatomy well (of course, this applies to pretty much any animal, but you know what I mean).

I’d send you some images from the “Art of Ratatouille” book, but I think that that would be rather…illegal. Heh. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Have fun drawing more Remy sketches! In my eyes, you sure seem to have rat anatomy down pretty well. Remy himself is actually rather easy to draw once you get the hang of sketching him out. :wink:

– Mitch

The Wandering- The good thing with your rat sketches so far is that they’re a nice combination of real-life and cartoon; there’s a good balance there. And since Remy is pretty much sitting down in that sketch, it’s understandable that he’d be a little more squashed, so to speak! :laughing: