The most visually appealing scenes in Up

Are there any parts of this movie that really grab you as stunningly beautiful? I haven’t watched it in a while so it’s not as clear on my mind as it should be, but here are a few that come to mind:

• Basically the whole Married Life sequence, this is when the colors are at the brightest (though a part I especially like is Carl and Ellie going up the hill for the first time)

• When the balloons are first unraveled as Carl takes off, with all the sunlight shining through them

• Carl’s house flying past a child’s window

• The first shot of the falls after they land

• Carl on the edge of the falls (after Russell leaves him), contemplating.

Feel free to post pictures too!

I always liked the scene where the balloons are initially revealed. It just looks so cool seeing them all burst out from the house :slight_smile:

Oh my goodness. I don’t even know where to start. The whole thing was gorgeous. But I do like the first view of Paradise falls after the fog clears up. And that end shot. <3

This is a fantastic topic!

The whole movie is very visually appealing and drop dead beautiful. But my favorite part from a visual perspective is when Carl’s house takes off and flies through the city and over the farms so lovely.

Married Life. Easy for me.

I have to agree with several already mentioned: particularly, the “Married Life” scenes of young Carl & Ellie on the hill, the first reveal of the balloons, and the first views of Paradise Falls.

One of my favorite shots, though, is still the moment when Carl gets the house airborne again, after emptying it out at the top of the falls - that shot of the house rising up toward the camera, with the falls below it. I love that.

Yes. :slight_smile: I love the little rainbow that’s above the falls, too.
I am SO glad I got to see this film in theaters.

^ I know! :smiley: The part where Russell is flying on the leaf blower is amazing to see in 3-D.

That sounds cool. :slight_smile: