Clips of the Japanese dub of "UP" hit the net

wdshe.jp/disney/product/index.js … 0000001967

just let it play one at a time.

1. Japanese trailer
  2. Meet Russell clip
  3. Meet Dug
  4. Meet Kevin
  5. The last video is just a ad for a micro sd card that includes the movie for Japanese people to view on their cellphones, which is obsolete IMHO with a little thing called the iPhone out in the world.

I do like the Japanese dub. They picked really awesome voices, I just wish the German dub was that good.

I agree. Nice voice cast. Especially Carl… and Russell as he whines (onegai! onegai! shaberu inu da yo, kore!)
In the first video clip, I also liked the text at 1:18-1:19:
Taisetsu na mono no wo mitsukeru koto (discovering the really important things, which I think describes the movie well).

Oh, in the 3rd (?) clip, the longer one where Carl and Russell first meet Dug, I liked how they slightly re-did the part where Russell turns the knob on Dug’s collar to switch languages. In the original, one of the “other” languages is Japanese, but since this is now a Japanese dub, they changed it to a short English clip (of someone saying “human beings”).

Risu!!?!!!

I just remembered that it’s still pretty rare (in any language) to have real kids do the voices of kids’ characters (the Peanuts cartoons were a trailblazer in this regard). Usually adults do even the kids voices. It’s great when you can hear actual kids doing such great jobs, like with Up.

Well of course the purpose of this page and the video clips are to promote the film coming out on video in Japan (DVD & BluRay). It’ll be out April 21st in a few different versions.

(hm, watching the CM for the MicroSD/keitai version shows Japanese who can’t take a bath without watching a video… and a family who can’t have a family picnic without watching a video. Ok…)

Thanks for posting the link!