Selling Quality

Enjoy this quality TV show from Japan about カールじいさんの空飛ぶ家(Up). This show of Up will have been shown over thirty times throughout Japan by December 6th.

youtube.com/watch?v=tKn1856T … re=channel
youtube.com/watch?v=n0piAk4l … re=channel
youtube.com/watch?v=oP7rOf8_ … re=channel

There is Hayao Miyazaki anointing Pete Docter and the Pixar knights over coffee and cake.
youtube.com/watch?v=EDJr8brI … re=channel

Great videos Rey, thanks for the links!

I’m such a sucker for Up, I swear. Every time I watch streams of clips of it on youtube I melt, sometimes to tears. :blush:

^ you’re not alone, I get mellowed every single friggin’ time I watch anything Up-related…

After watching those videos, I wish I could see Up again, like, right now.
Too bad we’re still waiting for the DVD/Blu-ray over here, and Up has disappeared from all local theaters (unlike Ice Age 3, which is kindof nuts - no pun intended).

My head is spinning. I mean WALL-E and Ratatouille combined could never match the marketing of Up in Japan. I’m still trying to find some more TV commercials and news interviews I partially saw in Japan that were very good, but I can’t remember because they were very late at night and I was half asleep. There’s also Katsuya Nomura promoting Up and the merchandising, but I don’t even want to go there. Here are some more TV specials of Up in Japan.

This is from an evening talk show in Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=k5VvL3qJebA

This is from a morning TV talk show in Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=hbaCk3GWPCA
youtube.com/watch?v=XYJ7GtCOEM0

Also, look at this Yahoo blog search graph of カールじいさんの空飛ぶ家(Up) and in the last five days the traffic has jumped.
blog-search.yahoo.co.jp/bzoom?ei … 3=&query4=

It’s after 10:00 pm Sunday December 6th, and this was how Up was marketed for its first weekend, in music from Sabre Dance Khachaturian-Seiji Ozawa Berliner philharmoniker.
youtube.com/watch?v=F8rTi8av … L&index=38

That’s indeed some impressive marketing. I can’t wait to see the results of the final opening weekend for Up.

Can someone who speaks Japanese please translate some of Mr. Miyazaki’s comments?

Well, I just hope all this publicity is getting everyone over there excited for it, just like everyone else who’s had it!