Favourite Up Quotes

Can’t believe no-one else has made this thread… if there is already one let me know. I really like Dug so the quote that made me laugh really hard was:

[spoil]Carl: “Hey, that’s my food! Get off my roof!”
Dug: “Yeah, get off of his ROOF”[/spoil]

and I also like:

[spoil]Dug: “I have just met you and I love you!”[/spoil]

8D

I love when Alpha says: [spoil](In his high-up voice) “Mayhaps you desire -SQUIRREL!.. -Mayhaps you desire to challenge the ranking which I have been given for my strength and cunning.” [/spoil]

Well, see my sig for starters. :slight_smile:

I love Dug, so a couple of my favorites included: [spoil]“I can smell you!” and my favorite awwwww line, “I was hiding under your porch because I love you!”[/spoil]

It’s been a few weeks now since I’ve seen the movie, so I know I’m forgetting a lot of other ones.

Edit: Oh! Oh! <(think Dug voice) A couple of others:
[spoil]Russell: “Dug! Stop bothering Kevin!” This is just like the parent on the road trip trying to break up the squabbling kids in the back seat.[/spoil]

Also, all the references to Russell as [spoil]“The Small Mailman.” I love the way Alpha says, “Master, the Small Mailman has returned.”[/spoil]

A Carl & Russell bit I won’t get quite right: [spoil]When Russell says the Wilderness isn’t the way it sounded in his books, I love the way Carl says, “Get used to that.” (Someone else will know the exact quote.)[/spoil]

Mine:

[spoiler]“It’s like America, but South”

“Good afternoon. My name is Russell. And I am a Wilderness Explorer in Tribe 54, Sweat Lodge 12. Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?”

[The quote that when Carl honoring Russell with Ellie badge]

“SQUIRREL!!!”

“Adventure is out there!”

[All Ellie quote]

“What do I do now Ellie?”
[/spoiler]
And many more…well, you guys already know I quoted the whole movie, right?

Karly, I’d be happy to give the exact quote (same for anyone, :wink: )

[spoil] Russell: You know what Mr. Fredricksen, the wilderness isn’t quite what I expected.
Carl: Yeah? How so?
Russell: It’s kinda,… wild! I mean, it’s not how they made it sound in my book.
Carl: Heh, get used to that, kid.[/spoil]

Here are mine. Caution, it’s a LOT

Favorite humorous quotes (from each character)

[spoiler]Carl: Now, we’re gonna walk to the falls quickly and quietly with no rap music or flash dancing!
Carl: I believe I made my position to your boss quite clear. Tom: You poured prune juice in his gas tank. Carl: Hehe, yeah, that was good. Here, let me talk to him. takes megaphone You in the suit! Yes you! Take a bath hippie!
Carl:Now, when you get up there, go ahead and hoist me up! Got it?

Carl: You on the porch yet? Russell falls down the hose
Carl: What?! That’s it?! I came all this way, just to get stuck at the wrong end of this rock pile?!
Russell: Mr. Fredricksen, am I supposed to dig the hole before, or after? Carl: Ehh! None of my concern! Russell: … Oh,… IT’S BEFORE! Carl: Ahh! Lalalalala,…

Russell:This is fun already isn’t it! By the time we get there, you’re gonna feel so assisted!
(Carl: Hey, let’s play a game. It’s called, see who can be quiet the longest.) Russell: Cool! My mom loves that game!
Russell: Can we keep him? I’ll get the food for him, I’ll walk him, I’ll change his newspapers. Carl: No! Russell: An explorer is a friend to all, be it plants or fish or tiny mole! Carl: That doesn’t even rhyme! Russell: Yeah it does!
Russell: Ellie? Uh, hey Ellie! Could I keep the bird? Uh huh,… uh huh,… She said for you to let me!

Carl: Oh, hello sir! Thank goodness, It’s nice to know someone else is up here! Dug: I can smell you!

Carl: What? You can,… smell,… us? Dug: I can smell you!
Dug: My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you. Carl: Uhhh Dug: My master made me this collar! He is a good and smart master and he made me this collar, so that I may talk! SQUIRREL!

Dug: My master is good and smart! Carl: It’s not possible! Dug: Oh it is, because my master is smart!
Dug: I am a great tracker. My pack sent me on a special mission. All by myself! Have you seen a bird? I want to find one, and I’ve been on it’s scent. I am a great tracker, did I mention that? tackle Hey, that is the bird! I have never seen one up close but, this is the bird! May I take your bird back to camp as my prisoner?
Dug: Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, I forgot to store acorns for winter and now I am dead. HA! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead!

Alpha: No. Soon enough the bird will be ours yet again! Find his scent my compadres and you too shall have much rewardage from master for the toil factor you wage.
Alpha: Beta! Gamma! Mayhaps you desire to,… SQUIRREL!
Mayhaps you desire to challenge the ranking that I have been assigned by my strength and cunning!
Alpha: Do you not agree with that which I have said to you now?[/spoiler]

Favorite serious quotes

[spoiler]Carl: What do I do now Ellie?
Carl: We’re on our way Ellie kisses photo
Carl: Ellie, it’s so beautiful. We made it. We made it! Russell, we can float right over there! Climb up. Climb up!
Russell: Mr. Fredricksen! You came back for Kevin! Let’s go get her! Carl: I’m getting Kevin, you stay here! Russell: But, I wanna help! Carl: I don’t want your help! I want you safe!

Entire scene
Russell: Tents are hard!
Carl: Wait, aren’t you super wilderness guy, with the GPM’s and the badges?
Russell: Yeah, but, can I tell you a secret?
Carl: No
Russell: Alright, here goes. I’ve never actually built a tent before! There I said it! sigh
Carl: You’ve been camping before haven’t ya?
Russell: Well, never outside.
Carl: Well, why didn’t you ask your dad how to build a tent?
Russell: I don’t think he wants to talk about this stuff.
Carl: Why don’t you try him sometime, maybe he’ll surprise ya.
Russell: Well, he’s away a lot, I don’t see him much
Carl: He’s gotta be home sometime!
Russell: Well I call, but,… Phyllis told me I bug him too much
Carl: Phyllis? You call your own mother by her first name?!
Russell: Phyllis isn’t my mom,…
Carl: Oh,…
Russell: But, he said he’d come to my explorer ceremony, to pin on my Assisting the Elderly Badge, so he can show me about tents then, right?
Carl:… Hey, why don’t you get some sleep. Don’t wanna wake up the uh, traveling flea circus.
Russell: Mr. Fredricksen, Dug says he wants to take Kevin prisoner. We have to protect him! yawn Can Kevin go with us?
Carl: All right, he can come.
Russell: Promise you won’t leave him?
Carl: Yeah.
Russell: Cross your heart?

Carl: Cross my heart.
What have I gotten myself into Ellie?

Russell: My dad made it sound so easy. He’s really good at camping, and how to make fire from rocks and stuff. He used to come to all my sweat lodge meetings. And afterwards, we’d go get ice cream at Fenton’s. I always get chocolate and he gets butter brickle. Then we sit on this one curb right outside, and I’d count all the blue cars and he counts all the red ones, and whoever gets the most, wins.
I like that curb.
It might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.

Dug: I was hiding under your porch because I love you. Can I stay? Carl: Can you stay? Well you’re my dog aren’t ya? And I’m your master! Dug: You are my master?! Oh boy! Oh boy! Carl: Good boy Dug, good, good boy!

Carl: Russell, for assisting the elderly, and for performing above and beyond the call of duty, I would like to award you the highest honor I can bestow. The Ellie Badge. Russell: Wow! salute, then hug
[/spoiler]

Haha, went a bit overboard there, but those are most of my favorites. There’s a few more I can’t think of unless I went through the whole movie. I know it’s a hefty read, but they’re all wonderful moments, especially the serious ones.

Just a couple of my favorites. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve seen it, so I don’t remember much off the top of my head.

[spoil]“I hid under your porch because I love you” - Dug

“… it’s the ‘boring’ stuff that I remember most.” - Russell[/spoil]

Guess we have to post the entire scene of Up I guess. I remember all. :stuck_out_tongue:

[spoil]Dug: I will go get and then bring it back![/spoil] :stuck_out_tongue:

I second karly05 and Hannahmation’s [spoil]“I’m hiding under the porch because I love you!”[/spoil] quote. Even after [spoil]being told off by Carl, the poor mutt still loves him![/spoil] :slight_smile:

I’m still trying to work out which are my favourite quotes, there’s just too many of 'em!

Hence my HUGE post, and that’s not all of them! You can peek to try to remember some, hehe. Lots of good ones in there.

How about when Muntz says: [spoil]“You know Carl… The people who come here… They all tell pretty good stories. An surveyor making a map… a botanist cataloging plants… An old man taking his house to Paradise Falls - that’s got to be the best one yet. I can’t wait to see how this one ends.” [/spoil]

And also the quote of: spoil “That is the bird. May I take your bird back to camp as my prisoner?” (Carl) “Yes, yes, take it. And on the way, learn how to bark like a real dog!” (Dug) “Oh, I can bark. [woof, woof], and this is howling [howoooo]!” (Kevin) “[some sort of half hiss, half squawk]”, (Russell) “Can we keep him, please, please, please!?!” (Carl) “No.” (Russell) “But it’s a TALKING DOG!!!” [/spoil]

Best line in the movie. :smiley:

Hmm, it’s okay, I didn’t think it was the best! Hehe, not many people laugh at it when I watch it, but it tickles me.

Yes! That was a great one, very chilling and menacing, along the lines of Ego or Hopper. Very good [spoil]subtle and indirect threat against Carl[/spoil].

That was funny. I kinda saw the [spoil]‘who can be quiet the longest’[/spoil] line coming, but I didn’t expect Russell’s reply. :laughing:

You know, I keep thinking of Dug’s lines of [spoil]“taking Kevin prisoner”[/spoil] in a very dirty way. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: Am I the only one who needs to pick his mind out of the gutter?

Nup. Join the club :stuck_out_tongue:

ffdude - it’s a personal thing, relating to “previous events” that made it so funny for me. :wink:
TDIT - yeah, I was expecting that too, but the reply was just classic. IDK, but a lot of ppl in my viewing laughed at that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guarantee you, any time I saw the movie with a decent-sized audience, a LOT of the adults laughed at [spoil]Cool! My mom loves that game![/spoil]

C-3PO, as a Muntz fan, I agree on the line you posted. I think that’s about the point in one of my viewings when [spoil]a little kid in the audience said, “He’s mean!:open_mouth: [/spoil]

ffdude, thanks for posting the Carl/Russell quotes about the real wilderness - I knew you would know the actual lines! :slight_smile:

Can we do stuff from the trailers and/or the UPisodes as well? Here are some of mine:

From an Upisode

Carl: All it needs is a small bandage.
Russell: gasp I have those!

From the 44sec trailer/teaser
Carl: Afternoon.

From the movie:
Carl:What I came all this way, just to get stuck on the other end of this rockpile?

Carl:So long boys.

Russell: With my wilderness explorer GPS we’ll never be lost! oops. (i don’t remember the exact lines)

Carl: now, when you get on up there, go ahead and hoist me UP.

Russell: I’m tired and my knees hurt.
Carl: Which knee?
Russell: My elbow hurts and I have to go to the bathroom.

Russell: Can we keep him PLEASE?
Carl: no
Russell: But its a TALKING dog.

I have a lot more :slight_smile:

[spoil]“I was hiding under your house, because I love you.”[/spoil]

<3

“Order now! You’ll get the camera, you’ll get the printer. 4X optical zoom. Schneider lens. Photo print. SD Card.” :stuck_out_tongue:

8D They should have also added in Up… “Look. At. That. Horse. The bushy tail. The big teeth. The hooves… Ok, my producer just told me this isn’t a horse, it’s a butterfly.”