Up Trailer Music

Dear fellow Pixar fans,

First, let me introduce myself briefly. I’m Rob Hermans, 19 years old and I come from the Netherlands. I am a huge Pixar fan. I was exited to find such a big Pixar-loving community here, so i decided to join this forum :slight_smile:.

Because Up premieres 8th October in the Netherlands, i’m stuck here with the trailers, featurettes and, of course, lots of great reviews :slight_smile:.
But, one thing is taking hostage of my mind for quite some time now, and i can’t find the answer to it anywhere. So, maybe you guys can help:

I’m looking for the name and composer of the beautiful theme you hear when Carl goes up in the first Pixar trailer. It is somewhat bombastic, very uplifting (litteraly :wink: ) and has a melody for french horns and trumpets…
Can anyone help me with this? Maybe someone has a download link (legal, of course) so i can purchase this song online?

I hope anyone can help me with this and end my long search for this song.

Thanks in advance and greetings to you all,
Rob

The composer is Michael Giacchino, and the theme that I think you are talking about (the one playing while Carl is flying the house) is part of the “Up with End Credits” track. You can download it (legally) on Amazon.com Here’s the link. amazon.com/Up/dp/B002A4ZN1A/ … 336&sr=8-1

P.S. That theme is probably my favorite part of the UP Soundtrack as well. :slight_smile:

Hi Nanogeek, thank you very much for your quick respond!

I’ve listened the preview from Amazon, but it sounds a bit too ‘waltzy’ and i think you mean the music from this trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=kyyrYPTjPJg (i believe that is the second trailer for Up).

I think it is an extraordinary piece of music too (great waltz! :wink: ), but i am searching for the music from this trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Lv82Iwm2tPY

Maybe it’s from the soundtrack, or from another Pixar movie… who knows?

If we are talking about the same part (when Carl is flying his house before Russel knocks?), then I think I’m right. It’s not in the Amazon preview, but about half way through the track the theme from the trailer comes in.

If you want to know, it’s 2:05 minutes into the credits track.

EDIT: Could you tell me where exactly in the trailer you linked to where the music you want is, just to clarify?

Hi Nanogeek,

Thank you for your kind help.
The piece of music you mean is indeed the piece you hear when Carl goes up, but in the second trailer. I’m looking for another piece, in the first trailer.
I guess my description of what i’m looking for is a bit faulty. You can hear the piece of music in this trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Lv82Iwm2tPY , just after Carl shouts: “So long, boys! Pfrrrrrrrt!”, at about 0:29 seconds, just áfter you see the house going up.

Do you have any idea?

edit: In this trailer ( youtube.com/watch?v=c3bwLIVdc4I ) , you hear a longer version of the music i mean at 0:55.

The song is “Adventure of a Lifetime” by Two Steps From Hell. I have an MP3 of it, so if you want it I can PM it to you.

Ahh, yeah, that’s the mysterious song from the trailer. Never shows its face in the soundtrack or the movie, just the trailer. Kind of a shame, because sounds great. I think its on the Up website too, if I remember correctly. I think Giacchino still composed it, but there’s no mp3 or anything to my knowledge of it.

EDIT: Bryko?! You sly dog, GIMME GIMME!

Ahh that one. Sorry, I misunderstood.

Nanogeek, never mind: i’m glad you tried to help me, very kind!
Bryko614, thank you very much for solving that puzzle for me, i finally have peace of mind now :wink: