My UP java game...

There are a few UP flash games on the officicial UP site and I decided to make one of my own.

h1.ripway.com/cragler/Up.html

I made it with java, so you’ll need it to play. Tell me what you think.

More of an animation-type thing, but neat! You might want to make the field for the balloons to appear more round, use a random number generator object, then have it generate 2 numbers each time, for x and y, (you probably already have that) but run it through a trig function (cos for x, sin for y) to get a round field of balloons. Just a thought.

EDIT: I just realized, it’d be better to use 3 random numbers, 1 for cos, one for sin, and one for the radius

This is oddly entertaining! I can’t stop adding and removing balloons!

GAAHH!! When does it end!? I kept clicking rapidly for 5 minutes (It’s addictive!)

I’m guessing there is no end, but I ended up with so many balloons it looked like a square after a while. Anywho, it’s great for a fast, simple java game based off Up! Well done. :smiley:

wow, thanks guys. Actually, ya, it is quite addictive. If you go to the main site, you can check out my other games.

But ya, they ALL share one main point: They have no point. lol

What i mean is, you can’t win or lose, you just play. And I’m working on a UP platformer too.

Oh, and I would love to do the trig stuff but I have no idea how to, like the algorithm or whatever. So ya, the balloons make a rectangle.

Ahh, I’m pretty good at it, I’ve got a head for math. I’d be happy to help out, but not at the moment, I’m gonna be busy for the next few days. Maybe later. Great job though!

na, i don’t need help. I’m happy the way it is, I’ve spent enough hours on the computer.

Haha, that’s such a sweet game, and as others have said, very addictive! Just the way the balloons keep appearing out of nowhere is strangely mesmerising…:laughing: Nice work, cragler!

Nice game! It’s very addictive to keep adding and detracting the balloons.