What the heck is this?!

iwatchstuff.com/2009/06/who_ … ot_thi.php

It’s been done with Cars and Ratatouille…Why not Up? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just a sad money-making scheme…

I was about to gag when I first saw this. but then I remembered that it was all just for laughs.

What… The… Really now… Please tell me that’s fake.

They’re so bad they’re good :laughing:

Ratatoing
youtube.com/watch?v=FkvAcZoZBEY

Little Cars
youtube.com/watch?v=7tJsAuG2 … re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=6WihBEfvkFA

Tiny Robots
youtube.com/watch?v=k06cpG0r9eo

And here’s the Wiki page about the company. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADdeo_Brinquedo

Are… you serious???

All together now: “What’s Uuuuuuuuuuuup?!” :sunglasses:

The plagiarism doesn’t bother me, but I think the title needs a question mark… :confused: I totally forgot about this! It’s become a tradition that a rip-off is released every year from that company, lol. They used to release their trailers on YouTube, but I can’t find it for this movie. Where’s the Asian kid and the talking dog, though?

Wow, I knew they would be bad, but just WOW.

This reminds me of another company that rips off big H-wood titles, The Asylum studios.

Their latest rip-off; Mega Sharp Vs Giant Octopus,
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o

The Terminators,
youtube.com/watch?v=hkWQm1HrVQw

Dragonquest,
youtube.com/watch?v=_6giVTaLFsk

the sequel to their previous rip-off, Transmorphers, Transmorphers: Fall of Man,
youtube.com/watch?v=VYSVNzJAYaM

and also, with a trailer that’s yet to be made, The Land That Time Forgot! What the heck?!!!

Here’s their lousy website!!! :laughing:
theasylum.cc/

Yeah! Rip-off! It’s about time. I actually saw this on Cartoon Brew a few days ago, if I’m not much mistaken. I guess it was only a matter of time before they tackled Up

– Mitch

This is hilarious. And Dreamworks isn’t being spared any fire either…little panda fighter… :laughing:

Think that’s awesome ? Just wait till next year, when you’ll be blown away by the adventures of Sheriff Wooby and his best friend, Duzz Lightspeed :sunglasses:

Seriously, where is the trailer for What’s UP - balloon to the rescue ? I want more.

Yeah, I want to see some footage. I wonder why Disney has never brought a lawsuit against this company. They sell these DVDs in Toys R Us.

Transmorphers: Androids in Camouflage

:sunglasses:

Haha, that actually sounded more creative than what those Asylum guys pulled out of their butts! :laugh:

Oh…wow. And that’s all I’ll say because everything else I’d have to say probably wouldnt be too polite. What’s UP indeed…

Oh… Video Briquendo. I know these guys.

“From the makers of Ratatooing and Tiny Robots… comes an adventure… of epic (fail) proportions.”

Seriously, I appreciate the fact that they’re a smaller studio without the big budget of talent of Pixar… but to rip off other people’s movies is plagiarism… plain and simple.

I like how the article sumarises it:

“It’s the slightly less whimsical tale of an elderly man who uses a single hot air balloon–rather than the silly, less practical notion of many helium balloons–to lift his house and go on an adventure with a child who wears glasses–not a scout uniform!–maybe a mom, and some other people!”

This is just a piece of crap. It’s spoofing UP, which just came into theaters, and the description of it sounds like it is luring kids into watching this poorly aniamated, bad scripted movie movie instead of the beautiful real UP. I’ll rent this film, {If they even have it}, at blockbuster just to see how bad this is. I’ve seen a trailer for little cars and it didn’t even have a story line or make since. :angry:

So, that means you’re willing to become one of their little white rats? :unamused:

Kidding. :laughing:

But seriously, come on, we all know it is that bad. There’s no need to open the Pandora’s Box.

That is such a ripoff! Are those really movies?

Ohhh, I love it. This would be the end of the best movie night ever- start by watching Up, and then follow that with an ‘even better’ version of it! Let’s get the popcorn maker out right now! :laughing: