Up PG or G

G or PG

• G
  • PG

0 voters

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if Up will be rated G or PG. The reason I ask is because the synopsis says that they will be fighting evil monsters and what not. When I saw the trailers for WALL-E, I thought it would be rated PG for violence, and fat people etc… But it turned out to be G just like the rest of Pixar’s. I’m not one of those people who are offended by violence or anything, but thats what it was. :laughing: I’m just going to say Up will be rated G because of the previous Pixar movies. What do you think?

The Incredibles was rated PG for action violence, So I am guessing Up will be rated PG for some thematic elements, action and adventure violence and some peril. I also thought WALL•E would be PG, but once I actually saw it there wasn’t much that would give it a PG rating.

It’s hard to say with things like fighting creatures and dealing with old age and the such, but Pixar usually gets a G rating, except with TI. My instinct says PG, but it’s probably going to end up with a G rating. No matter what the rating is, I can tell it’s going to be awesome!
Truthfully, it’s too early to tell and it shouldn’t be something to worry about.

Yeah, otherwise it’ll be like

• Toy Story 3 (PG) : Adventure violence
  • Newt (PG) : Sexual reference
  • The Bear and the Bow (PG) : Action violence and some peril

heheh, but who knows.

I think it’ll be rated U (which I think is G? I.e. the lowest rating) because although there may be some action-adventure elements, I can’t see it being as all-out as The Incredibles was, as one of the key points of The Incredibles was the physical side of things. It’s difficult to say this early on though, without knowing more about the film.

I think it’ll be a close G or a low PG. I mean, it has action elements and [spoil]death[/spoil] like The Incredibles, but it probably won’t be as extreme. And looking at the visual style of the movie, most of the monsters will probably be wacky rather than scary.

I’ll be expecting a G rating right now because I still dont know enough about it to tell if it should be PG or not. Although I dont really care which one it is.

It’s hard to tell from the few clips we have now. I think it will be G though.

Ratatouille was rated G in America, but PG in Australia. Our classifications board seems to have gotten really strict compared to the ratings it had on movies 10 - 15 years ago. It’s hard to know what the rating will be for Up without seeing the movie. Monsters, Inc. had a few ‘scary’ scenes yet it was still rated G.

well, you know I think that it will be G in Australia because for some reason the only pixar films that are PG, are by Brad Bird. But… you never know! I never thought that it would have violence in it! I thought it would be like a Monster’s Inc-like-story. Although, Monster’s Inc. was rated G. But it did say on the rating: some scenes may frighten young children. it’s the same with finding Nemo

I have a feeling it will be rated G. It seems colorful and funny and of course will involve adventure, but it just doesn’t look like the adventure will go to far enough extremes to make it rated PG. The rating doesn’t really matter to me anyway, though. I’ll watch it either way.

I think Pixar makes films without thinking on this. We could explect anything :laughing:

Up may be G. Mm, whatever it is, it doesn’t matter for me.

On that note, this could end up being the goriest movie ever made.

Monsters Inc. had “scary” monsters, The Incredibles had cartoon violence, and WALL-E had post-apocalyptic themes. If none of those earned a Pixar film a PG, I doubt anything will unless they get a lot less family-friendly in the future.

This may lean slightly off-topic (off-Pixar, anyway), but ratings nowadays are rather…hmm, what’s the right word?

I mean, Enchanted was rated PG for “scary images” and “mild innuendo”, but I guess they forgot how in the classic Sleeping Beauty, it was more scary than Enchanted, but rated G.

It was rated G, yet it seemed limitless.
The music was enough to scare the audience when Sleeping Beauty was under the trance. And Maleficent was scarier than Narissa, the dragon in 2-D animation was scarier than the one computer generated. Maleficent could scare many, believe it or not, with her transformation and screaming curses (she even said to Prince Phillip, “Now you shall deal with me and all the powers of hell!”- not for little kids to say, or even hear, of course). And the fight scene involved violence, killing, with a sword. While in Enchanted, Narissa [spoil]didn’t die of straight murder but by falling off and turning into sparkles. [/spoil]

My point? Raters often tend to underestimate Disney films in the past, which is kinda weird because the audience thinks the other way around, so back then almost everything animated would just be stuck as G. But nowadays, anything could be rated PG, I guess.

Sorry if that was confusing…

However, despite how if you looked deep enough you could find anything PG, Pixar seems to be treated almost like Disney Classics, so I still believe Up will be rated G.

I didn’t mean that :laughing: :laughing:

The Incredibles was rated PG.

The already got E10+ for the game for cartoon violence:

I think Up is going the PG Route.

By the way, I just read there’s some blood in the movie, so I think it might be PG now.

There is breif blood in Finding Nemo also. I still think this will be G. Plus The Meet the Robinsons video game was rated E10+ also but it was G. Where did you read that Bryko614?