Up Pixar References

Its time again to see things from the movie up that could be a referance to other pixar movies

lets look at the new trailer for starters:

like the luxo ball

the luxo ball’s in the trailer? Of course i may have missed it, since I’ve only seen it once. Other than that, it’ll be hard to tell what other references there might be for awhile. Since I believe that teaser trailer is the only thing we have to go by at the moment.

Well, I heard on the forums that one of the women in the trailer looks like Helen, but then I thought, maybe not. And one of the tlittlbe boys "Not russell: looks like the boy reading the Incredibles comic book in the dentist’s waiting room in Finding Nemo.

Yup, the [spoil]Luxo ball is in the little girl’s room as the house flies by her window. Rachel has already spotted the weather vane from Lifted that’s on top of the house, and I do think that at a first glance, the woman you mentioned, TSS, does look rather like Helen, especially with her hair. But having watch the trailera half dozen more times, it’s looking less and less like her. It’s probably just a coincidence.[/spoil]

I remember mentioning in threads here in the past how I could have sworn seeing Helen Parr when I saw a ton of movie at Comic-Con last Summer.
Well she appeared in the new trailer, and I’m still kinda leaning towards it looking somewhat like her… Because it does. She has a similar body type, and hair, and wearing tight red clothes.
I dunno if that’s intentional, or just coincidence, but I think it’s worth mentioning.

I also found the Luxo jr ball, there more references I noticed, but have to re-check them.

Up Easter Eggs from the Trailer (Sorry for the TERRIBLE quality)

Here is a Picture of the “Girl” That may be “Helen” from The Incredibles

…Also, This Girl has Luxo Jr. Ball and the Wooden Airplane Toy.
(On the Right)

…Again, Really Really Sorry for the TERRIBLE Quality

I’m more likely to think that is just Pixar’s human style, rather than someone who looks like Helen, but I’ll have to take a closer look at that. But that is no doubt the Luxo Jr. ball!

- Pixfan - - If you ever want to take a photo of what’s playing on your computer, just press the ‘Print Screen’ button on your keyboard, sometimes it’s abbreviated as ‘Prt Scr.’ Then open up Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and crop the photo (cut out what you want to keep in and delete from the image), and save as a jpeg, or a png file, if possible. =)

Yay! It’s THE ball! :smiley:
I’m sure there must be a lot more Pixar references in their 10th film.

Ok, so Upcoming Pixar already confirmed John Ratzenberger will be palying a Construction Worker, but who exactly is he? Construction Foreman Tom’s the name!

I found other references to see the trailer. When we see the house, the area behind the building belongs to Buy N Large (Wall-E)!

When the house is to fly in low, the barn is the company of toys from Toy Story. I am not sure of this, but it seems it.

I’ve seen the trailer about 30 times, and neither of those are true.

There’s pretty much no proof that the area behind Carl’s house belongs to BNL.
The barn doesn’t look like the one in Toy Story 2. It has a much different design. Besides, who would open a toy store there? :laughing:

Ahahaha is obvious that the store would be ridiculous in a place like that. But I said I’m not sure …

It seems to me the symbol of BNL.

I can see where you can see the resemblance, but I still don’t think it’s the BNL logo.

It’ll probably be clearer in the movie.

Here’s the largest resolution I can get of that moment in the trailer (click to enlarge):

I don’t see anything that suggests that the construction company is BnL, buuuuut… the numbers on the machinery represents Lou Romano’s birthday! It says L-R 1572 (April 15, 1972). When I looked at it, I knew it was a reference to Lou. Ha ha. There are numbers on the other machinery, but I can’t quite make them out. I think the latest Up trailer must have broken the record for number of Pixar references. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh wait, I can see the red circle now with the white letters inside. Yeah, that could be the BnL logo. Guess we will have to wait till the movie to see (or when it’s released on DVD.)

I see how it could be the BnL logo, but if you look at the other machinery, they all have the same logo of a black rectangle with a white diamond inside, and then a red line underneath, so I’m not too sure.

Nice find, Rachel! Yeah, I don’t think any other Pixar trailers have had this many in-jokes…Unless we’ve missed them all. :laughing:

If the TRAILER has this many … imagine how many the MOVIE has!

Pfff. Ha-ha! You guys are such geeks. Although, I guess I should talk. :stuck_out_tongue:

How can you even see that?! It was hard enough for me to see those digits, and I’m nearsighted. :laughing:

– Mitch

NEW REFERENCES!!!

Pizza planet truck found!
i44.tinypic.com/3497a4w.png

Mr. Incredible makes a brief cameo!
i40.tinypic.com/mabg3s.png

A113 discovered on Carl’s mug!
i39.tinypic.com/4idjsm.png

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ha ha ha :laughing: :laughing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

great use of photoshop but lets try to find real UP referanceces :smiley: