For kids?

Okay, so it really bugs me when people say that Pixar’s movies are only for kids. I mean, are people really that ignorant. I mean, yes kids enjoy them, but Pixar’s movies can easily be enjoyed by adults, if not moreso. I mean, Ellie even has a miscarriage in UP for cyring out loud. I don’t know. It just really bugs me. What do you guys think?

I moved the topic to the Feautre Films section of the forums for ya buddy!

But people who says that Pixar movies are for kids obviously don’t know what they are missing. Pixar does a great job creating films for people of ALL ages. Pixar movies are to be loved, enjoyed, and treasured by everyone for generations to come.

Pixar are definitely not just for kids. If they were kids movies, then they would make them for kids but Pixar don’t, they just make movies that they themselves would want to go see. If people say they’re kids movies as in they appeal to kids, then they are right but they have to keep in mind that they appeal to a lot of adults as well. Thanks for bringing this up, bjc92!

Okay, here’s my take. When I was young(er), I really loved Pixar movies. But now, when I watch them, I can’t comprehend how they could be read as “kid’s movies.” They’re so mature, so moving, I think they’re as good as it gets. They just have a CGI facade to keep the chilluns distracted as well. I think parents go see it to give their kids something, but they’re the ones who really have something special to remember. I love these movies a lot more than when I was little(er.)

IncredigirlVirginia You are quite right, I see and I love since I was very small. :blush:
The Pixar films are not just for kids, play very real issues, so who says that has not seen a Pixar movie …

Ditto Incredigirl. Mostly, the only people (that I would know) that say that PIXAR movies are for kids generally watch garbage. PIXAR films don’t have any gunk in them, which makes them “immature” or “just for kids” in the eyes of this violent world.

They just can’t see through the blood and bullets to see that there actually is a happy movie out there. :frowning:

Yeah unfortunately because Pixar’s films are animated they’re automatically dismissed by a lot of people as kids films. Or because they’re labeled “family films”, thats like a code word for kiddie movie. And the UP montage is a good example of how that’s not true. I remember watching in the theater once when Ellie lost the baby, the kids didnt know what that was. They turned to their mom and went “What happened? Why is she sad?”

That’s the whole point. But people is learning that animation is not only child stuff. It’s a really beautiful and complex form of art. And when it’s matched with perfect screenwriting, like in all Pixar movies, it’s cinema at its best expression.

It has been a long road. But people is learning.

Pixar for kids? I guess nobody told all the adults-only groups/couples/people I saw in the audiences for Up. :slight_smile:

I do like to believe that, with the glowing reviews for their films, plus the added Oscar attention this year, Pixar is breaking through the “animation is for kids” barrier, and I think you’re going to see a huge mix of ages at TS3.

I’m sure it will be like this. I saw a huge mix of ages at Toy Story - Toy Story 2 in 3D. Plus all the things you say , it’s the most famous production of Pixar, and a lot of people saw the first two years ago, and now they are older.

WOAH! Ellie had a miscarriage? I thought she had a “problem” that prevented her from having a baby at all D8 ! I assumed that the doctor was explaining to her that she can’t have a baby due to “X” complication. Unless that “problem” came along as an unfortunate side effect of the miscarriage. Poor Ellie, indeed =( !

My idea for people thinking these movies are “just for kids” is because their too ignorant to notice the “He’s won three Piston Cups” joke. And usually that’s what comes out of it. People think that animated movies are just nonsensical stuff aimed to make the little squirts happy and wonder why a little kid’s teenage sibling/uncle/aunt/cousin will happily make popcorn and plop on the ground with them to watch “Winnie the Pooh” with them (I would do that, myself XD ). I guess they’re so set on being “grown up” that they are completely oblivious to Lost in Space references (“The PAIN!”) and crude language play-on-words (“He did WHAT in his cup!?”).

To put it shortly: No.

To the ignorant people that say animation is for kids: Watch these movies…

Grave of the Fireflies
Up
The Lion King
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Fox and the Hound
Akira
Persephone
Waltz With Bashir
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
The Secret of the NIMH
Pom Poko
Watership Down

…and get back to me. :-\

…and don’t forget Wall-E, How to Train Your Dragon, and pretty much any well done cartoon, and anything from Pixar.

…And don’t forget The Iron Giant!

That’s true, Bryko. I love The Iron Giant!! :slight_smile:

I REALLY have to agree with Watership Down. I watched it and was quite disturbed :open_mouth: . “Mommy, why is the doggy attacking the rabbits? Why are the rabbits fighting?” Ummm…

If you found Watership Down disturbing, then I couldn’t recommend a film called Felidae

Oooo, Felidae. That one REALLY took me by surprise. “Did Bluebeard just say what I think he said?” I didn’t regret watching it as much as I regretting watching Cool World. That scared me. Between Holly Would and Jessica Rabbit as my favorite female role, I think I think I would go with the latter.

I quite liked Felidae (I keep meaning to read the book some time), but it really caught me off guard. Probably because when I first started watching it, I knew next to nothing about it, or who it was aimed at, just that it was an animated film about cats. Some of Bluebeard’s dialogue made it clear early on that it hadn’t been made with family audiences in mind, but even then I was surprised by just how gruesome and disturbing it got at times. It made The Plague Dogs look cute and cuddly, and that takes some doing.