What Pixar films did you see at the cinema?

I saw from Toy Story 2 to Cars and then I didn’t see Ratatouille, (I saw Hairspray instead) and then I saw Wall-E. :sunglasses:

UPDATE: I saw Up in 3-D, the Toy Story 3-D double feature (twice), and Toy Story 3 (x3 in 3-D).

I saw every Pixar movie in the theatres first before the DVD. In a sense, I am kinda forced to.

From Cars to Wall-E I watched at the Cinema, But the rest I watched them either on TV or at school or I bought the DVD to watch the film.

Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Wall E. The rest I saw when they came out on DVD.

I don’t remember where the first time I saw Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, and Toy Story 2 was.

For Monsters, Inc., when it came out in theatres, at first I didn’t want to see it. Just hearing that it was about monsters made me go, “No way I’m seeing it.” (I was a little kid at that time). It took some time later for me to actually realize the synopsis of the film, then get interested. By the time I actually decided to see it, it was on DVD.

Finding Nemo I saw in the theatres.

After that, as hard as it was, I restrained myself from seeing later Pixar movies in the theatres. I just enjoy the films better in the comfort of my own home, and with the bonus features on the DVDs.
Until Wall-E, which I saw in the theatres with my friends, because it seemed to exciting and tempting to pass up, and it had been a while since I’ve seen movies in the theatres.

I usually wait for the DVD, but once in a while I go out to see it on the big screen.

Hmm, let’s see… I watched most Pixar movies in the cinemas before getting them on DVD, with the exception of A Bug’s Life which I watched first on DVD, and Toy Story 2 which I watched first on television(=.

I’m not sure about Toy Story. I would’ve been five or six at the time of it’s release, so I really don’t remember going to see it. The same with A Bug’s Life.

I do remember seeing Toy Story 2 in the cinema, and I certainly remember seeing Monsters, Inc. And then I think I saw every Pixar film in the cinema after that- Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars and Ratatouille, I went to see once, and WALL-E, I’ve seen three times.

According to my parents, I saw Toy Story in theaters. I was super young at the time, though, so I don’t remember anything.

I DO remember seeing A Bug’s Life in theaters though, with my mom. That’s actually the only movie I can remember her taking me to by herself…

After that, I went through a period where I didn’t see any new Pixar movies. Untill Finding Nemo, that is, when I was 10. My dad took me and my brother, and I clearly remember the entire theater dying of laughter the entire time. xP It was a great expeirence. I remember my dad walking out of it, saying it was the best animated movie he’d seen since The Lion King…that’s a big compliment, coming from my dad. We still love watching it now.

Unfortunately, I didn’t see The Incredibles when it came out because…I don’t remember why I didn’t go see it, actually. O.o I guess I just thought it wouldn’t be my thing. I was wrong. Very wrong. xP

But when Cars came out, I was just starting to become more of a film geek, (That’s kind of when I started deciding I wanted to get into film as a career, too) and I was starting to realize how much I loved Pixar as well. So, I went to see that.

Then last year, I saw Ratatouille. I loved it. Completely soldified my love for Pixar.

And then finally, this year, I went to see WALL-E! I fell completely in love with it, and practically stumbled out of the theater in amazement. It’s like they made a film just for me, practically. xP

…Basically, I’m looking forward to seeing Up next year! xP (And any Pixar movies after that)

Like LightningEclipse’s Pixar journey, I was also a ‘late fan’, so to speak. You might want to settle in for a long story…

I remember watching Toy Story in cinemas when I was about 6, I remember my parents telling me that it is the first animated feature film in 3-D, so we must see it. They brought me and my siblings along and we had a blast (although the Sid torturing the toys and their subsequent revenge scenes freaked me out). I remember loving the final car chase. We then bought McD toys and my dad wrote our names on the soles of the toys like Andy did in the film. That was real sweet.

Then we watched A Bug’s Life on a pirated VCD. I know what you’re thinking. (Gasp OMG! He watched a bootleg copy!) Well, I was young and unaware of ‘intellectual rights’ at that time, and my parents (and many Malaysians), even now, couldn’t care less about copyright to save a few tens of bucks. Heck, it’s not like you can even find a legit copy, they even have pirated DVD stores in shopping malls, until today! :frowning: I liked it, we watched it many times afterwards, and we imitated Dot’s “Fliiik!” scream a lot.

We watched Toy Story 2 also on bootleg copy, but the quality was incredibly awful (like those camscreens on torrents nowadays) and I didn’t get to fully appreciate it. Didn’t make much of an impact on me, and after watching one or two more times, I got bored of it.

I watched Monsters Inc. on the in-flight entertainment system of a plane. Again, I liked it, but because of the ambience of and general atmosphere, I didn’t get fully absorbed into it. We mimed “Boo!” a lot, but I don’t remember much else. I’m now tempted to go for a second viewing.

I had moved to Singapore when they showed Finding Nemo. At that point, I was just starting to be aware that there was a company called Pixar behind this stuff. By then I was able to make criticisms and form my own opinions on films, and I actually had a dislike for Pixar, as I felt that they were ‘killing’ 2-D animation in favour of new-fangled 3-D. I suffered from motion-sickness at that time, so I complained that their movies made me giddy. I went into the theatre with my siblings all grumpy and whiny, but they proved me wrong with their wonderful plot and loveable characters. I found myself imitating their characters again (“Just keep swimming”, the whale talk and “Mine!” were some of my fave quotes).

Next came the Incredibles. I was on a vacation in Penang (my grandparents lived on that island), and I saw so many billboards advertising it with McD. I was still a little cynical of Pixar, and I berated their movie tie-ins and what’s “so great about their films.” I eventually watched it on a plane again, and again was impressed with the action and great storytelling. “There’s something about this studio, they keep exceeding my expectations”, I thought to myself.

Finally, the paradigm shift occured when I heard Pixar was doing a film on talking automobiles. I saw the Cars teaser and groaned. They’ve just wowed me with F.N. and Incredibles and now they’re back to square one. Then I saw the beautiful images on Varaces (a car chase forum) and got intrigued. I looked at the posters and watched the featurettes (where I first got my glimpse of Mr Lasseter). I decided to go see it in cinemas myself, as either my friends thought it was “childish”, or that they had seen it and thought it “mediocre”. Needless to say, they did a total 180 on my perspective. I was blown away by the visuals, the nostalgic plot, and the loveable characters. I walked out of the cinema thinking “Pixar is awesome!” That was when I realised that Pixar is the real deal when it comes to movies. It was also when I had an epiphany that there are actually people who do this for a living, and when I started to seriously consider animation as a career and not just a passion.

I then looked forward to Ratatouille (which I’ve never done for a Pixar film before, usually I would only be aware a few weeks before the release date), watching out for trailers and teasers (where I learned about Mr Bird), changed my Mac wallpaper, the works. I started my studies in Oz by then. I was so stoked and persuaded my friends to see it in cinemas. Again I was blown away by its beauty and depiction of France, cooking, and succeeding against all odds.

Now a full-fledged fan, my interest for Wall-E picked up around the beginning of this year. Again, I looked out for the featurettes (where I discovered Mr Stanton, and how he did Finding Nemo, which was the first Pixar film to embed itself into my consciousness), changed my wallpaper once again, and discovered this little fansite. As I have mentioned in the Crowd Report thread, I went with only two others, but Pixar had not disappointed me again. I am now a firm believer that whatever Pixar does, it’s for the good of animation, and they’re (so far) at the top of their game.

And that’s my Pixar story for you. :smiley:

I think i’ve seen all of them. My family’s been big into Pixar films ever since Toy Story.

I saw Cars, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, and Walle at the theatre…

Cars-3 times
everyone else just once…

I just remembered that I saw Cars twice at the cinema :sunglasses:

For me, I think The Incredibles and maybe Cars are the only Pixar films that I saw more than once.

I know I saw Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, and WALL-E in theaters. I might have seen The Incredibles, but I can’t remember. I also remember when A Bug’s Life was in theaters I wanted to see it so badly but I was going to the movies with my friend and her mom, so it was up to them what we saw and we saw The Rugrats Movie. Which was okay, too.

I’m surprised I have yet to post in this thread yet.

First of all, Toys Story, of course; like I have indicated many times in other similar threads, it’s the first Pixar film I’ve watched in my life. It was not of much remembrance to me, though, as you know, it’s a really long time ago. But I think I was still watching movies with my parents then. Heh.

Then, A Bug’s Life. Never really remembered if I’ve watched that on the theater, but I think I should had. I mean, even though I wasn’t such a big fan of Pixar as I am today, A Bug’s Life should had attracted me enough to watch it, but I could never seem to remember my experience with it at the theater…

I think I definitely watched Monsters, Inc. at the theater, though, so far as I can remember. Again, not such a big fan back then, and too young to understand the goodness of the story; just knew that it was a good cartoon. :laughing:

Then, of course, after years of absence from Pixar (wonder why), came Finding Nemo. I definitely remember my theatrical experience with this one, as I remembered reading its tag-lines on the posters at the cinemas. I was equally saddened by the gloomy “Nigel’s apology” scene then as I am now. :cry:

Then… plays dramatic music Fifty movie watching of… The Incredibles! echos If I ever forget about them, I am better off having a cape tied around me and having it snagged to a jet engine as Syndrome did. Most of those screenings after the first ten times were rather boring, naturally, as much as I love the film. Except for the Violet parts, I fell asleep between the 40th to 50th time. Heh.

It costs me a lot of cash, but she was worth it. After all, I am her bigger fan. :smiling_imp:

I think I probably watched Cars on the theater by myself, too.

Ever since after Finding Nemo (which I watched with my parents), I had been watching most of the Pixar movies by myself. My mum wasn’t really about having to bring me to watch The Incredibles herself on the third time I watched it (it was her first time) because she said I’ve already watched it and she doesn’t like animated movies. Heh… So, since then, I’ve been watching the movie by myself up till today.

Never really remember my experience with Cars, though; just remember that I didn’t really like it the first time, till I watched it again on TV a year after.

Same thing with Ratatouille, which I watched with my classmates on a chalet trip we went on our holidays. It was fun watching a Pixar movie with my classmates. There were at least five of them. They loved it, and laughed out loud immediately upon Ego’s flashback, as they found it humorous for someone to have a flashback of his childhood after taking a bite of his food. Overall, it was a good movie experience. I kinda liked it when I first stepped out of the theater (naturally), but never really got into it. Even till today, I guess I never did. :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, finally, there’s WALL-E. I watched it by myself for one time, and I never watched it again. Not that I felt that it’s a bad movie or anything. I wanted to watch it again for the sake of being a Pixar fan (not for the sake of enjoying it again), but I got really lazy and never went and watch it again. Heh. Overall, it was also a good movie experience, but I guess I had wished that my two best friends would had watched the movie with me as well. shrugs

:open_mouth: wow…that’s a lot of profit for Harkins and AMC

Sorry if this goes a little off-topic…this is my Pixar “revolution”.

I wasn’t always a Pixar fan. I used to find Pixar boring (shocking, huh?), but that was a long time ago. Back then, I didn’t understand the hidden messages or how the emotions and situations in the plots build up together to a wonderful story. Back then, I wasn’t very interested in computer animated films, and sometimes I didn’t even get what was going on since I wasn’t really into it. I used to just watch them once, enjoy it the first time, then that’s it for that movie.
It wasn’t until new (well they was new back then) films by Pixar really caught my attention. Then I realized that these fantastic films were created by the same animation studios that I used to not pay much attention to.

After that, I quickly changed my view of these CGI films, and learned more. I suddenly was desperate to see all of their movies up to date all over again. Each movie I re-watched, I felt the emotion of it that I didn’t feel the first time. I thought, “How could I have missed that?”

My interest for Pixar increased real fast over time, and here I am.

Good story, bright dot-dasher :exclamation:

I was really young when Toy Story and A Bug’s Life came out, so I only saw those on video. My family watched Toy Story 2 in the theaters, but I don’t remember much from that experience except for enjoying the credits. Monsters, Inc. we bought on DVD (our first one!), and when we watched Finding Nemo in theaters, my father told me that it was probably the first animated film he really enjoyed. All of the kids at my school kept talking about it (I didn’t get into that fad). But this movie is what made me notice Pixar.

I didn’t want to watch The Incredibles, but my history teacher said that she loved it, so I had to watch it on DVD. Then, Cars came along, which I didn’t watch in theaters to buy, and then it got me interested in animated films in general.

Then, Ratatouille came. Sorry, but I didn’t love it as much. But it remember watching it in the theater on my sister’s birthday and when my cousin came to visit. Neither him, my father, or I liked it very much (but after a while, I now wish to see it again).

Then… there was Wall-e. When I first saw the trailer, I knew I had to see it. I love robots/inanimate objects coming to life after I saw The Brave Little Toaster, and it sounded like a truly artistic movie. So, we watched it for my birthday (best birthday present ever!) with my sister and friends, and then I discovered this site, and the rest is history.

Well, not really. :laughing:

I’ve seen all of them at the cinema except for Bugs Life. Very often I’ve seen them multiple times. Toy Story 2 I saw twice, Nemo I saw 10 times, Ratatouille I think 5 or 6 times, WALL-E 5 times and Cars holds the record for the most I’ve seen any movie in the theater with 14 times. :slight_smile: