PIXAR SUPERFANS NEEDED to help with academic study

Hi guys,

I’m an academic researching the history of intertextuality in animated movies. This means that right now, my job is to watch almost every major animated movie every released and note down all the intertextual references (yes, my job is awesome).

So, if I was watching Aladdin for example, I would need to write down every celebrity the genie does an impression of, every real-life toy featured in Toy Story, and every fairy tale character in Shrek, as well as more obscure stuff like when Pumbaa quotes In The Heat of the Night (They call me Mr Pig!)

Of course, the problem with this is that no one person can spot every single reference because no one person has seen every movie, heard every song, or read every book, so I’m turning to you guys for help. It would be awesome if you could let me know all the references you can remember from your favourite Pixar movies, or even watch the movies yourself to see what you can spot! Trust me, it’s great fun.

I’m also researching movies by Disney, Dreamworks, Don Bluth, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon, Blue Sky, Sony and Illumination, so if anyone is a big fan of those you can help me with that too!

Thanks so much in advance!

Sam Summers
University of Sunderland