Spoilers

Would you like spoiler tags on Upcoming Pixar?

• Yes
  • No
  • Only if…

0 voters

Before watching WALL•E, i pretty much banned myself from looking at Upcoming Pixar because of the numerous spoilers. Can the blog be arranged so that every single possible spoiler is put in spoiler tags [spoil]like this[/spoil]?

yeah that would be helpful to some people! :slight_smile:

Actually, what would be cool is if there was a “Show possible spoiler posts” option somewhere. The writers could tag which articles may contain spoilers, and for the users who don’t want to be spoiled the articles would not show up.

I like Pixelated’s idea. But I generally don’t post spoilerific stuff and if I do, it has a spoiler warning. I don’t like to be spoiled myself so I’m not going to post anything that may spoil it for me.

Trailers, posters and official images and clips aren’t spoilers though and will be posted but with a potential spoiler warning on the clips.

I’m happy with the mostly spoiler-free way that UP is run. Probably because in bawpcwpn’s posts, he is more careful about making sure that spoilers aren’t posted, so that’s good. There are usually warnings, but I’d also be happy with spoiler tags if there were going to be spoilers posted within the actual blog entries.

I think that bawpcwpn is smart about what he posts and warns us enough about spoilers for there to be a need for spoiler tags.
EDIT: But if it’s decided they should be used I wouldn’t mind it.

That’s a genius idea!

bawpcwpn: Many readers like myself have had to stay away from the blog because of these spoilers, like that reveal of the Up dog; i didn’t want to know that, but now i do, and unless these types of spoilers are covered somehow (think about Pixelated’s idea; it’s genius!) i’m gonna have to keep myself away from it again. :frowning:

How is the dog from Up a spoiler, why would Brad Bird mention it if it was?
There’s nothing to worry about with Upcoming Pixar, he knows what he’s posting, after all he lives in Australia so he doesn’t want to be spoiled either.

I’m strange, I like spoilers!

100th top poster on the board as of 10:25pm bst on 22/07/08! w00t!

I actually dont think it needs it. There arent many things with spoilers posted and when there are there’s a warning, and that’s enough for me. If I really want to know, I read the spoilers anyway. They usually dont give away that much.

I agree, theres genarally not much.

I guess there ARE spoiler tags now, that’s good for everyone who wanted them, and for those who don’t think we needed them, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we have no problem with it. UP is now officially spoiler safe!

I only do that when I consider something to be worthy of posting, but some may find it spoilerific.

yes that would help some people really who need it
thank you