Google PageRank for UP

I noticed today that the Google PageRank for Upcoming Pixar increased from 0/10 to 1/10. Congratulations!

Can you explain what Google Pagerank Is?

Heheh. Sorry.

You know why Google’s the best search engine? (Well, at least I think it’s the best. xD) They use a system to give you the best search results at the top of the list of search results. Google workers search the web constantly, giving different web pages their very own ranks, called PageRanks, based on importance of the webpage. The sites with the higher PageRanks are shown at the beginning of the search results list in a Google search. So, if you google “pixar news”, then Upcoming Pixar will come before The Pixar Blog, because Upcoming Pixar’s PageRank is 1/10, higher than The Pixar Blog’s 0/10.

Sorry about the geeky stuff. Let’s just say it’s a good thing. :laughing:

So does that mean 10/10 is the best? Or most relevant?

Yes, 10/10 is the best PageRank, and those sites will appear first in the search results list. Like Google.com is one of the few 10/10 websites, and if you google google, then Google.com will appear first in the search results. You google pixar news, and the page with the highest PageRank will appear frst, and that, fortunately, is Upcoming Pixar! :smiley:

Where you appear in the Google search results and your pagerank don’t necessarily correspond. Your pagerank is derived from How many people link to you and how many people find you useful that’s why they link to you. The bigger the site that links to you, the better it is for the site.

so if yahoo links to you your pagerank will be higher than is my personal website links to you.

That’s cool. It just goes to show you that PIXAR is trying to show us more of their new films because we got a bit angry when they showed nothing of Ratatouille or WALL-E around the time that Cars came out.

No, I don’t think Pixar had anything to do with it.

That’s sweet…more advertisement space in a sense.

We got angry? Well i certainly wondered more about the new movies, but I wasnt angry that they didnt show us much (actually for Ratatouille, I felt I got shown quite a bit of it)