Writing Collaboration, Anyone?

Hi, all. Some of you may remember me from a while ago. I’ve been absent from the boards, but I’m back, at least for a little.

I’m looking for someone who would be interested in collaborating with me on a story.My goal is to become a professional writer (either screenwriter of story artist), but I haven’t been doign enough writing lately. I really just want to finally write something to satisfactory completion for once, and I feel that working with someone might force me to actually do it. (Note: I’m not looking to write a screenplay write now)

I’m looking for someone who works well in a two person group. Someone who will be able to give fair criticism, have good ideas, listen to their partner, and is able to sacrifice things that they personally like to make the story better. I’ll admit, I may not be the easiest person to work with, but I do believe I am very fair. I will listen to ideas, and if I don’t like something, I will explain my reasons for why I feel it doesn’t belong in the story, as opposed to simply shooting it down. I will argue, quite vehemently most of the time, for things I want in a story, but I will also listen to others, and after some time, I usually come to the right decision for the story. Basically, I see this as a two-way street, and my goal is to write a good story, not to get my own ideas in just because they are mine.

I’ll be honest, I’m not really sure what I want to write now. I’m leaning toward either a Kingdom Hearts story, or an original superhero story. I’m not attached to either of these ideas, and it’s entirely up for grabs as to what is written. But, maybe fellow KH fans would be good people to work with? Maybe. My other favorite stories, are Star Wars, Harry Potter, Seven Samurai, and quite a few others that I’ll go into if this goes any farther.

So, if this sounds like something you might be interested in, please either post in this forum or send me a PM, or do both!

Thanks for your time, everyone.

I’m interested. Currently workig on an AUTO-Biography right now, so check that out and see if you like my writing style.

I have to say, I think you could really roll with that here. It’s been forever since I’ve written together with someone.

Until later, then. -_^

Okay, to littlechef and The Star Swordsman, this is a copy of a series of PMs sent to DocKenobi of a basic idea for a writing collaboration, as well as my writing style:

Pehaps an outlaw steampunk adventure story in an alternate fantasy world?
Sounds far-fetched, but some winning ideas are like that.

There is always a fascination with down and out or unappreciated people, and if they happen to be a criminal against a world that beats down rebellion, that makes an emotional sense of “Wow, they’re screwed.” So if and when that said outlaw wins, it’s that much stronger.

I guess my writing depends on the character. As you can tell from my AUTO-Biography, I’m able to take a character and figure out their backgrounds and motives. Also, I can be (somewhat) humorous and simple, or profound and eloquent, once again depending on point of view.

There’s a certain rhythm to my writing, involving long periods of action, discussion, or contemplation, followed by a shocking or surprising single statement. As a result, exposition comes pretty naturally.

Antagonists may be a bad thing to trust me with unless they are to be much more than antagonists, like a future ally.