Welcome to the Sigs of Tomorrow!

Note: The topic title is a quote from Futurama, these sigs are not actually from the future…

Some of you might know that Futurama is my favourite television show and I’ve decided to do a line of Futurama themed signatures. The first two are done:

• Fry:

halosnachtariff.deviantart.com/a … -122054793

• Leela:

halosnachtariff.deviantart.com/a … -122401594

Both are completely hand drawn and then coloured on the computer. The only thing I’m not at all pleased with is the text, which didn’t scan particularly well, I might just replace it with some type later.

I have six more sigs drawn up but noe are coloured as of yet: Bender, Prof. Farnsworth, Hermes, Amy, Dr. Zoidberg and Zapp Brannnigan. If anyone has a specific character they would like I will happily do a request.

This is really my first proper foray into the realm of digital art, so tell me what you think.

Those are cool. You draw quite well. Futurama has some really great quotes. I’m wondering what ones you are going to use for the rest of the signatures…

Thanks, I’m pleased with how the drawings came out myself, less so with the borders and letters but never mind.

The quotes for the remaining characters will be:
Bender: ‘Into the breach Meatbags, or not whatever.’
Farnsworth: ‘Good news everyone!’
Hermes: ‘Sweet something of… Someplace!’
Amy: ‘Fool my 7 times, shame on you. Fool me 8 or more times, shame on me.’
Zoidberg: ‘I see the problem; you have a skull embedded in your head.’
Zapp: ‘In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces.’

Very cool! As soon as I saw this thread title I immediately thought of Futurama. I really like the Fry one, that’s one of his best lines!

Yeah I was going to use ‘There’s nothing wrong with anything.’ But it doesn’t really work without the context, then I watched the first episode again and that line stuck in my head.

A good one for Farnsy would be the line “I suppose I could part with one of my doomsday devices and still be feared” :wink:

Now with added Bender!

• Bender:

halosnachtariff.deviantart.com/a … -123414527

Bender’s now done, the shading’s not perfect I may fix it later.

That Bender actually looks pretty good! And great choice with that Amy quote. It always makes me laugh. 8D

For a first-time for Digital Art, that is mighty impressive! Shading is excellent, looks almost like the original art! There’s traces of pencil outlines, but these are minor faults compared to what is basically an excellent series of Futurama fan sigs! I like Bender’s quote best. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much!

I enjoy shading and colouring the figures, but I don’t like sorting out the mess of pencil lines around my lettering. Next time I do some sigs I’ll use digital letters, probably a digital border too.

The only problem with Bender’s shading is the angle of the deepest shade, on his eyepiece the shading goes the wrong way… Never mind.

Very Nice Halo Nach Tariff. I love them, especially the Futurama ones…

Uh, I think they’re all Futurama-themed. :wink: