queen_of_painting's artwork (some nudity!)

[b]NOTE*

This thread was started several years ago. To see my recent illustrations and doodles, go to the end of the thread![/b]

Hi, I’m a freshman art student. The biggest dream I have for myself is to work for Pixar, and so I’ve been pushing myself in that direction for the past few years. I’d like to get myself accustomed to working on animation, storyboards, and cartoons.

These are my most recent drawings. Most of them were done last month in my spare time.

Some from AP from last year:

I like to take pictures, too.

And, for good measure, here’s some Disney fan art I did around four years ago.

Apologies for including so many pieces!

Wow, they are really good, queen_of_painting. I am glad another is pushing through the obstacles to work on Pixar. :wink: In fact, I am pushing myself towards a similar goal, too, but in another field of the ‘artwork’ section. :slight_smile:

But anyway, your drawings. To the eyes of a non-painter like me, they look flawless, so I am sure by the time you have reached Pixar, they would definitely look perfect. I am still yearning to find out the methods you mere aspiring artists use in creating such fine paintings because they appeared to be almost perfect; I especially love the way you adjusted the shade on the first ‘landscape’ drawing 0f the long-haired girl, how you created the alterations in the lighting by the edge of her hair stands.

I hope to see your works in Pixar features in the future, queen_of_paintings. Your username truly suits you. :wink:

One thing I really love about being an artist is that I get better with time. Even if I suffer from artist’s block and don’t draw anything, I’ll be much better after six months to a year.

We are heading in the same direction queen_of_painting! I’m a sophomore art student majoring in animation with hopes of one day working at Pixar. You have some really amazing pieces! Best of luck with your future art projects!

Wow queen_of_painting, those look really, really good. In fact, you make me so jealous, I envy your art skils. Really nice job. I love them, especially the Disney ones.

You’ve got skills, queen_of_painting! I understand the choice of username! I especially like some of the first pieces you’ve posted, as they’re sort of creepy and Tim Burton-esque. And your Disney art is really good too- I like the painted Mulan one, with such gorgeous colours.

Wow, you are very talented! And yer a much better painter than I could hope to be. :slight_smile: I also really like yer Disney art, it’s near perfect! The Prince Ali one looks as if Glen Keene himself sketched that out!

Thank you. I just realized that I only posted three paintings, though (two of which are Disney). Maybe I should have called myself Queen of Colored Pencils? Heh. =)

Here’s a silly drawing I did of myself last night. 10 minutes or so.

I was trying to loosen up instead of doing boring poses that look like a yearbook picture.

That’s really good, queen_of_painting, especially considering how quickly you did it. I like the roughness of the sketch and the attention to shadows and lighting, as it makes it look both real and stylized. Nice work.

WOW! Don’t apologize for so many pieces- I think it’s better that way! You have got some artistic talent in you, queen_of_painting. :smiley:
I love how you drew the girls with their hair turning to trees. Your photography is a beautiful bunch. Your Disney fanart is very well-done. And your most recent one looks neat, too.

Very neat picture you got there. You got some real talent in you.

Some of my sketchbook drawings. I’ll be spending a lot of 2009 preparing my application for Cal Arts. If my main portfolio (of life drawings, a lot of gestural stuff) isn’t my best, I might wait a year. My parents seem supportive. :slight_smile:

Those are very good, queen_of_painting! I especially like the cartoony style of the last two; you’re very good with expressions and conveying a sense of character and personality. Good luck with your application to Cal Arts!

Neat sketches! I really like your character designs! Like lizardgirl said, they really convey the personality. Good luck with your Cal Arts application!

Thank you. =) I never considered character designs as something I’d find interesting, but I’ve been playing around a lot with them over the last few weeks. My fingers are crossed I’ll improve on my gesture/figure drawings.

Very nice work! You definitely have an eye for rendering; your use of lighting and shading is very intriguing and realistic. In addition to that, your cartoon-y style is equally unique and distinguishable.

Keep it up! I hope that you make it to Pixar one day! :smiley:

– Mitch

I also really like your cartoon style! It really looks like something you might see on TV or at the movies.

I guess it’s time I update this, huh? :laughing:

Here are some photographs for my B&W class.

I’ll post stuff from my animation course later on. Unfortunately, since there are no prerequisite classes, there’s almost NO character/hand-drawn animation. It’s mostly live-action stuff, but there is a fairly interesting rotoscope project due early next week. I’ll be sure to include it here.

Very cool. I’ve always wanted to take some black & white pics. What’s that first one a picture of?