WALL-E as a Mini Series

So I was rewatching WALL-E again, as I periodically do, and I couldn’t help noticing that a lot of their acts are much more clearly defined than other PIXAR films. For instance Act 1 is WALL-E on Earth makin’ cubes and meeting EVE, Act 2 is the Axiom, Act 3 Starts in the Garbage Dump and Rogue Robots and Act 4 is the return to Earth. It’s almost like they could have taken a series of episodes and combined it into one overall plot.

So that got me thinking, what if WALL-E had originally been a more expanded Mini Series than simply a 90 minute movie? I think they could have expanded a lot on WALL-E’s interaction with the garbage filled Earth, as well as showing some more key points on the Axiom.

I would honestly love to see a WALL-E prequel done in this format- it would really be a great supportive medium for the film.

I like that idea!

That sounds cool, but I don’t know how many people would do it. Wall-E is in my top 20, and I would tune-in, but the general(stupid) public tends to dislike and get bored with Wall-E easily.

Not to be rude to you IncredigirlVirginia, but what is this I don’t even.

I don’t understand. You don’t even what? It’s just that every person I’ve talked to in real life tells me they dislike it, or it’s “okay”, or it’s boring. I find it very annoying, and like to complain about how angry normal people make me. :neutral_face:

what is this I don’t even” is simply an internet meme.

Now when you say you find it annoying, are you referring to the film or the people who dislike it? Because while I do know a couple of people who found the film annoying, those were the extreme minority for me.

Daaang, this is a nice idea. I would love for it to be done, though I guess the “prequel” concept is what the comics are for, which I still need to read. :frowning:

I think a lot more emphasis could have been placed on what exactly life was like for both Wall-E and the Axiom crew members before the events of the film. I really want to see how WALL-E suddenly “awakened” and how Auto slowly started taking over after A113 was set in place. Also an episode featuring M-O or the Reject Bots would be awesome.

I am also curious as to how a single (I assume) American multinational corporation managed to diversify its products to such an extent that it effectively becomes a single global monopoly. And the fact that it actually overthrew governments, even non-capitalist ones in foreign nations, and why nobody did anything to stop it.

Also, how do people live on the Axiom and other ships of the BnL fleet? Do the ships go according to continents? How do they earn money to spend on the goods to drive their ship’s economy? Do they ever work? Do people who do work get more ‘allowance’? How do they eat (I’d love to know more about the regenerative buffet)? How do they reproduce (is it only through IVF)?

And as other members have mentioned, how do robots gain sentience? When did the Singularity occur? Has there been any rebellions, either by robots or humans? Did anyone remember, or question, when the ships didn’t return after five years?

There were a lot of loopholes conveniently left out in the movie for the sake of brevity that I would love to see addressed in a TV show. Hopefully if they ever think of doing one, they will treat it with the upmost respect.

If you’re wondering how I came up with all these questions, I’ve been contemplating a fanfic series for the past few weeks. You might wanna stay tuned… :wink:

I would like to see a Reject Robot or Auto one the most

Yeah, I completely agree with you thedriveintheater, about how PIXAR really only gave us the barest parts of the secondary storyline that seemed beneficial to the WALL-E and EVE lovestory. Personally I think that these ships went by like major cities or at the most several states. And exactly, what happened to the other Axioms? Did McCrea report back to all of them, giving their Autopilots a new directive or did they simply stay back on space? See, these are a kind of thing where I think a WALL-E Expanded Universe (via mini series) might be really helpful and really cool.

Also, I want to see exactly what a “regenerative food buffet” is.

I think BnL is supposed to be what Wal-Mart is becoming.

I meant the anti-fans are annoying, not the film.

I would love to have some kind of pre story involving BNL and Shelby Forthright. Fred Willard was such an interesting character and it’s disappointing he wasn’t in the film more.

I’m hoping that the series gives basis on the other starship fleets heading back Earth, or not heading back Earth, and also the improving landscape of their Earth around them as well as, maybe, some possible adventures that Wall-E, EVE and M-0 during this course!

Wait…so they’re actually making one now? :open_mouth:

That is interesting. But I perfer it the way it was, as a movie.