Why is it called the AXIOM?!?

I saw this question asked over on the WALL•E Forum, and I just had to ask it here. I mean, what does going on an all-expenses cruise-liner vacation have to do with an axiom? :open_mouth:

According to Dictionary.com an axiom is:

Basically, what’s the connection?

I guess it basically describes the way of life after the space exodus: everything is taken for granted, being constantly waited on and sucked of all independent living is a way of life; a generally-understood, unspoken rule of living, if you will. It’s a universally accepted trend: a “don’t think for yourself, we’ll think for you!” sort of life. I guess that’s the only way I can see why they chose that word as a name for the ship.

little chef

Or maybe they just like the sound of it… :unamused:

BnL is your accepted truth, your logical way of life, and your epitome of happiness. BnL is your axiom so take a trip in our 1st class starliner, please enjoy your stay.

My take on it anyway. :slight_smile:

Hmm. I never really thought about why they named it Axiom. I just thought it was a cool name :wink: But the theory about BnL being an axiom does make sense.

“Axiom” to me sounds like an intimidating word, and a very Sci Fi-y time name. It just seems natural for a large and intimidating cruise ship in a Sci Fi movie.