Songs for "WALL-E"

Have you ever heard a song on the radio or your iPod that reminds you of your favorite movie? It’s not in any way related as part of the soundtrack to your favorite film…but the words of that particular song just can’t help but remind you of its special characters or the unqiue story?

“WALL-E” is, to me, no exception. With so many wonderful songs in the world, there are a lot of them that remind me of the wonderful film.

Here are just a few:

1. “You and Me” by Lifehouse
  2. “Fireflies” by Owl City
  3. “All You Wanted” by Michele Branch

Anyways, those are just my personal choices.

Anybody else have any songs they’d like to share?

I’ve got a few:

1. “Brighter than Sunshine” by Aqualung

2. “Beautiful Love” by the Afters

3. “Don’t Forget”, by Demi Lovato

• Robots- by Flight of the Conchords
    When I was thinking of songs to post here, this was the first to come to mind. WALL-E and this song are both about robots, but the similarities end there. I have no idea why that song made me think of WALL-E.

*Sun and Moon- From Miss Saigon

*I Could of Danced all Night- from My Fair Lady

*Juli- The Wise Guys
It may be in German, but this song reminds me of the movie anyway. A nice little song about a man and his girlfriend in the month of “Juli” (July)

So agree. Don’t know how long this thread was left alone but I really agree on “You and Me”. I love that song!

I’m gonna vote for

1. “Vanilla Twilight” by Owl City
  2. “Daydreams” by Breanne Duren

I can’t think of anything else though. Will continue to think…

ponders, tapping on head like Pooh

How about “A Year Without Rain” by Selena Gomez?

hides inside a military fort to evade the incoming tomato bombardment

Like a Star - Britt Nicole.

The end. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

Insomnia- Electric President (It kind of reminds me of the beginning, when Wall-E is all alone.)

The Light is You- Said The Whale

That’s all I can think of right at the moment.

“Alone in the Universe”- Seussical the Musical

Oh, I’ve thought of plenty. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
I thought the “Lonely rivers flow to the sea” line would fit beautifully with the scene of Wall-E rowing Eve down the river.

If I Let You Go - Westlife
As I mentioned on another thread, it’s the greatest song on unrequited love ever written, IMHO.

Didn’t You See The Movie - Kari Kimmel
This song was actually featured on the Wall-E+Eve soundtrack of songs inspired by the movie.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Main Theme - Hideo Kojima
The electronica sounds and the beautiful ‘hero’s theme’ at the end describes our intrepid robot perfectly.

Together In Electric Dreams - Phil Oakley
An upbeat 80s number which cutely describes Wall-E and Eve’s relationship.

On a self-plugging note, I’ve also made a few Wall-E music videos to unconventional song choices:

You Know My Name - Chris Cornell

Soul Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones

Both won Pixar Planet Awards for Best Video in 2008 and 2009 respectively. :wink: I was trying for something other than the usual love ballads and romantic songs.

I’m kind of weird in that I don’t really think of songs that remind me of the movie, as opposed to individual characters. So on my iTouch 2cd Gen I have a WALL•E, EVE, M-O and Auto playlist.

WALL•E’s Playlist WALL•E’s music have to be joyful and upbeat. Singing is a highly recommended option.

-"Aquarela Do Brazil: Seriously? No one has posted this yet? Ever since this theme debuted in the teaser trailer, it’s the one song I most easily equate with him
-Raspberry Heaven performed by Yoko Ueno
-Main Titles from Chicken Run performed by John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams
-Theme from Winnie The Pooh: That’s right I think WALL•E makes a great Pooh-like character
-Theme from Star Wars: Hey, 8 hours next to the R2 Builders will do that to you at the Maker Faire.

EVE’s Playlist: I’ve always imagined EVE’s theme to be the cutting edge of future technology, but she always has a sense of grace and mystique to her too.

-Psych Rock perfomed by Fatboy Slim
-The Pines of Rome
-X Files Theme performed by U.N.K.L.E.: I always thought that if EVE wasn’t originally designed a “vegetation evaluator”, she’d make the perfect paranormal investigation robot
-Any version of Carol Of THe Bells: It goes well with my EVE+ WALL-E Christmas Ornaments.

M-O’s Playlist: Oh boy, this is one extremely versatile playlist for an extremely versatile robot. For me, M-O was very work oriented, even moreso than Eve and Auto perhaps (luckily his directive was safer) and that’s expressed in his Obsessive Compulsive Directive. However, it’s not like he doesn’t have fun while cleaning.

-Both It’s A Jungle Out There and Theme from Monk: Not much to say here. I always figured M-O to go into criminal investigation.
-Powerhouse by Raymond Scott, performed by Racalmuto
-The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Piano Version composed by Paul Dukas: Hey, the original Fantasia short had walking Brooms! M-O is just a future incarnation.
-Both Zessei Bijin and Gouin Ni Mai Yeah by Zetsubou Shoujotachi for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Both songs are extremely lively songs about a very depressing suicide-driven teacher. While M-O certainly isn’t that, he’s always sort of the ButtMonkey to WALL-E.
-Opening Theme to Dexter’s Lab: With WALL•E as DeeDee in the Axiom, naturally.
-OrpheusIn the Underworld composed by Jacques Offenbach: You’ve probably heard this theme from like vaudeville performances, or at least one specific section of this piece. I think it serves very well against his cleaning montages.
-End Theme from Futurama: Bender’s Big Score composed by Chistopher Tyng

Auto’s Playlist: For me, there’s really only two themes I can think of that really fit Auto
-Also sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss: Honestly, if you don’t know by now, then you’ve never seen any good SciFi films (which includes WALL-E)
-Heck No! (I’ll Never Listen To Techno) by Maldroid: I think this really plays well against Auto.

So that’s my playlist for the various robots. I’ll usually set them to Shuffle Mode when I’m engineering something.

I’ve thought of a few more:

“Late Great Planet Earth” - Plumb

“Trash Day” - Weird Al Yankovic

“Naturally” - Selena Gomez

“Germs” - Weird Al Yankovic (this would make a really great M-O song)

“The Imperial March” - John Williams (this is my Auto theme :smiley:)

“Across the Stars” - John Williams

“Holiday” - Britt Nicole

“Fat” - Weird Al Yankovic

“Grapefruit Diet” - Weird Al Yankovic (this makes for a good McCrea theme)

Haha, all the Weird Al Yankovic of JSW-eC’s list!! I gotta say, The Beatles song “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” always makes me think of WALL•E. The general sound of the song not so much, but the lyrics, definitely.

Rebuild by Switchfoot.

It fits. so. well.

Waiting on The World to Change- John Mayer
(kind of good for the reject robots and for Wall-E and his cockroach. :stuck_out_tongue:)
Dark Blue- Jack’s Mannequin

Do “Put On Your Sunday Clothes”, “It Only Takes A Moment” and “Down to Earth” count, since they were in WALL-E?

I think they should. I’m sorry, but POYSC is easily the best song. EVER.

I love this classical song video The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (you can hear that song in the Ghost movie).It fits so perfect i think for Wall-e X Eve in my opinion.

And ,of course,i love this song also video ELO - Just For Love It fits also in my opinion but not as good as POYSC of course.

Here is a bit of lyrics

Falling through the endless sky
The signals dance upon the twilight
Calling out to reach someone
Who waits there in the lonely night

Just for Love

Soon beyond the melting clouds
The light will shine on everyone
That waits there in the silver rain
To meet the golden sun

Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye was used for a wall-e tribute in a youtube video. it could be good!

Lol… I’m not sure if anyone checked the song I posted here a while back, Like a Star by Britt Nicole. Seriously. It’s like that song was written for the movie. Like, Britt Nicole watched WALL-E and was inspired to write the song. Even the way it sounds is electric and synthesized and the lyrics are all space-themed, even. <3

When I first heard the song, initially I just loved the way it sounded. But then I heard the lyrics in the second verse… and I’m like… that is WALL-E.

Sparks flying all around,
Electricity
Dance with me, dance with me
Ten feet off the ground
No gravity
Fly with me, fly with me.

Nrnghh I gush about this song all the time but seriously. If you want to see how much this song relates to the movie, watch this. :stuck_out_tongue: (Lol no shameless plugging here… XD)

little chef

Great job dude! with the song, i mean!