Why Isn't WALL·E in Tomorrowland?

How would you like to see WALL·E in Tomorrowland?

• Audio Animatronic WALL·E
  • WALL·E Dark Ride
  • WALL·E Sets
  • Giant Walkthrough of Film
  • Trash Filled Earth
  • 3D "BnL Axiom Tours"
  • Other (specify)
  • I would not like to see WALL·E in Tomorrowland :frowning:

0 voters

EDIT: I decided to update this post in order to include even minor changes in Tomorrowland for WALL·E.

OK, so the films been out for three years now and I’m still pretty disappointed that Disneyland and Disney World still haven’t grafted onto the idea for a WALL·E something or other in the parks. I mean I know that some issues that arose for an Audio Animatronic WALL·E was that it was too heavy or something stupid like that, but really? If anyone’s seen the yahoo WALL·E Builder’s group, they can tell you it’s possible to build the character without being “too heavy”.

There’s no certifiable excuse that Disney’s Imagineering hasn’t jumped on this idea yet.

Oh how cool! I’d totally love it if they put some Wall-E stuff in Tomorrowland! I mean, c’mon, he practically belongs there! And if they made a Wall-E ride, I’d definately wait in Disneyland’s over sized lines to ride it! And I googled this subject and there’s actually a lot of sites talking about this, so there is definately a rumor, but I didn’t find anything saying that it’s definantely happening.

I’d love a WALL•E theme!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It sounds fun, but I don’t want to see them remake all of Tomorrowland. Granted, I’ve only been to the one in WDW, but the place is like home to me and too much has changed already. If they completely redo it, at least the one in WDW, I’m not gonna be happy at all.

I think what would be great is if Tomorrowland interior didn’t change that much, but instead the Imagineers tried to build robots from every single character in the film. I can just picture a real Axiom cleaning crew monitoring the park and steward bots going around to take the tourist’s pictures. For a Dark Ride, I think it would be really cool if it took place on the Axiom, and people were able to ride in hover chairs. And it would be awesome if they added in the Repair Ward with real dysfunctional robots, bumping into each other and sparking.

Something like this? [url]REAL Wall-E in DisneyLand! - YouTube

I know it’s not like, monitoring the park by itself, but hey, this is really cool, and I with they had it last time I went to disneyland (maybe they did and I didn’t see it? :confused: )

It would be nice to see one attraction dedicated to Wall-E and Eve. Maybe they could run a “Wall-E” sim ride similar to Star Tours.

I’ve just been comparing the two Art Deco-esque posters for Tomorrowland and WALL·E and really all I keep seeing are brilliant comparisons. I mean take a look at some of the old fashioned Tomorrowland attractions:

Now look at a few of the WALL·E custom ads- they’re so similar (which is not surprising since the artist Eric Tan used the Disneyland posters for influence).

I went to Disneyland a while ago and was very disappointed that this fantastic Science Fiction film was completely panned so far. There’s currently no projects in development for including him, and that confuses me to no ends. I mean, if they can combine the Haunted Mansion with The Nightmare Before Christmas, I see no reason why the WALL·E environment in Tomorrowland couldn’t be a perfect blend.

Of course I’d like to see the biggest option possible (meaning a dark ride), but if Wall-E was at Tomorrowland in any form I’d would probably scream in joy…at the park.

Yeah totally. A WALL•E dark ride that took place on the Axiom would be fantastic! I think it would be really cool too is if they included the Repair Ward scene and had a bunch of autonomous animatronic rejects behind bars. Now that would be cool!

I doubt it, unless your last visit was over two years ago. The remote-controlled Wall-E was taken away from all Disney parks after less than a month, because it was too heavy and they feared that toddlers would run up to hug Wall-E and have their toes broken under his treads. Smart move, but to think that these Wall-Es are probably collecting dust somewhere in a Disney archive, saddens me.

Yeah, he’s probably in some warehouse making cubes from rejected Disney ideas.

You know, even if they had like some kind of minor WALL•E addition, like even a tiny photo op with a WALL•E and Eve statue, I’d be very happy. I still wouldn’t be content, but at least I could say “It’s better than nothing”.

I’ve never been to WDW, but this looks like an awesome idea!! :smiley:

I was actually thinking while I was at Disney what a great dark ride WALL•E would make. They could design the rides like BnL starliners, with a tour guide that sounds like the computer of the Axiom…

Possibly, they could have a week or two where Space mountain was re-themed into “Wall-E mountain” with Wall-e stuff inside instead of just darkness and space. Then again, I only rode Space mountain once and I was laughing for the whole ride, so I wouldn’t know exactly whats inside.

Personally, I’d love it if the Monorails got briefly rethemed as the BnL People Movers. It just seems so fitting to the film and to Disneyland that their main transportation in Tomorrowland should be given a WALL-E theme, even for a short time.

I love this idea :smiley:
I personally would like the Axiom one
Yes I’m the one who voted for it :laughing:

can we have an ‘all of the above’ option on this poll?

I think that falls under Other (specify) :smiley:

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who thinks adding WALL-E to Disneyland would be a great idea! That robot needs more love.

What kind of robots would you like to see roaming the parks? Besides the staple WALL-E and EVE, I think a roving M-O droid to clean the park would be awesome. And BRL-A bots by the food court would come in handy.

I think Disney is missing out on a huge opportunity here. It would be a dream come true for me. I’ve been to Anaheim’s Tomorrowland back in '05, and they have been renovating a few rides, so it would be nice if they had added a few Wall-E props here and there. :frowning: Wouldn’t it be totally awesome if they had a bench with Wall-E and Eve on it like the movie theatre standees during the film’s release?