New Collector's Steelbook (Steelcase) BluRay Wall-E Release

For those who didn’t see it (it was pretty low-key), there was a limited number of special Steelbook (Steelcase) BluRay Collector’s editions of Wall-E sold recently, and you may still be able to find some (I just found one myself today).

In Canada, it was Futureshop that sold them not too long ago, and they were severely limited (apparently sold out within hours online, and you can find them on ebay for a lot of money now).

But for those in the US, each BestBuy store also recently got in a small number of them for each store (I’ve heard 7 for each store) for the week of December 6-12th… but some stores still have some left.

It’s a standard 2-disc BluRay set, for $34.99 ($5 more than for the non-steelcase verison, which is $29.99).

Just today (Dec 19) I called the two Best Buys near me. One didn’t have any left, but the other still had two, and the customer service rep set one aside for me (I just picked it up).

I don’t have a BluRay player and may never get one, but I did like Wall-E a lot (and worked on it, for those who read my posts about its music) so I thought it’d be really nice to have a Collectors edition of it with a nice steel case, especially since the “normal DVD” verison came in a cardboard-like case.

At Best Buy, the SKU # for it is: 9650982. It’s not on BestBuy’s website; you have to call your local stores to see if they have any left. And I strongly recommend you ask them to do a physical check to see if they actually can find it on the shelves (the one store that was out still had “2 left” in the computer, but they couldn’t be found). But, as I just mentioned, there are still some out there, because the other store by me had two left, and I just picked one up.

This won’t appeal to everyone. It’s BluRay only, and at $34.99 is more than what you can find it for elsewhere without the steelcase. But it’s a nice, thinner-style, opening 2-disc steelcase (like the Star Trek steelcase). There are pictures of it various places online from other people, I just don’t have the URLs handy right now.

Enjoy!