E-RIC: The offspring of Wall-E and EVE?

I just found a picture of Wall-E and EVE having their own child named “E-RIC”:

Of course if they did have a child they would have had to build it themselves since robots can’t give birth. :smiley: And no, it’s not real. It’s just a Wall-E themed wallpaper made by Artua Design Studio with their own fan made character, but it looked real at first.

Haha, that’s very cool! I really hadn’t thought about the two of them having children, since they are robots, but E-RIC is a very good combination of both EVE and WALL-E’s designs.

Not just a wallpaper, either, but rather a set of icons too:

iconarchive.com/category/mov … artua.html

He’s a bit of a running joke over at WALL-E Forum, but not as an insult to the creator, just all in good fun. :slight_smile:

^ Yeah, I was going to mention how it seemed to be mentioned over at WALL•E forums quite a bit, but you said it before I could. :stuck_out_tongue:

A great design, though I don’t know how it’d be possible and have no idea what kind of function it’d have. I mean, if you’re going to give them a robot kid than might as well make sure it’s fully-functional, too. (If it is, I haven’t done enough research. :unamused:)

little chef

Oh my! That is soooooooo ingenious. Love the combination of WALL•E and EVE’s designs for their son. :wink:

And now, for their daughter… does anyone have any ideas?

Well, I have an idea for a daughter… but… not WALL•E and EVE’s…:laughing: :blush:

little chef

Aw, E-RIC is so cute! I love how he’s got traits of both his parents!

Uh-oh, I hear a Pixar short coming on! The Adventures of E-RIC!

I remember this made quite a storm on the Wall-E Forums, mostly because they didn’t like the design (they even made a Smiley icon of him and labelled him “Creep-E”). :laughing:

Personally, I find it a little disturbing too, but it’s an interesting take if robots reproduced genetically. :slight_smile:

Seems that set of icons was created 13 months ago. If it had been much earlier, it would have predated the movie. I’ve never seen him before. There are two reasons for this:

first, we don’t have anyone over here at this pixarplanet subforum who is a real Wall-E freak, they just don’t google ‘Wall-E’ every week for posts only made within the past week and perhaps other delimiters. (Actually, if I had the time this would be nice, and I did this early last summer looking for Wall-E screenings and such, and you really do find a wealth of information you just wouldn’t run across any other way.)

second, just you go over to the Wall-Eforum.com and do a search on ‘E-RIC’. The first result in a very long list of threads is a thread that is almost incomprehensible to me. At least I know English, I feel sorry for someone who doesn’t know this language very well and tries to make beans of the content and intent. And this goes for most of the threads on that list, altho at least a few were intelligible. You say it was “in good fun”, I just don’t get it.

And this second reason is why I rarely venture over there. Too many of the posts are simple one liners, swamped in visual baubles not too different from all the ad signs on the main drag on the Axiom. Television earned the moniker ‘The Vast Wasteland’, and that can certainly apply to much of the internet. Out of fairness, there are some very, very long threads at this Wall-E subforum that I don’t even bother to read or post in. They seem goofy! And there are many very interesting idea threads over at the walleforum. I guess I just couldn’t keep up with the walleforum on Academy Awards night: 101 pages of live responses was too much for me.

Now I know some of you will bristle at what I’m saying. I came here 15 months ago because of an extremely high quality movie, and not to wallow in precisely the exact opposite of that: junk programming.

Oh well, anyways, I really like the E-RIC icon. He doesn’t seem to have a compactor, or a means to carry a tote bag, but maybe he can record songs. He also doesn’t seem to have any ‘growability’. And he would need a fire extinguisher. I thought he is too much Eve and not enuf Wall-E. I wonder what his ‘directivo’ is?

DarkHand: Hmm… I don’t see what Wall-E Forums has to do with the point of discussion, although I have to agree with you on most of the conversations there being a little inane. Still, like you mentioned, some of the members can provide pretty meaningful insights, whether on the movie itself or on other topics. I myself don’t hang out there as much as here, since I find it hard to keep up with their pace of discussions, but I participate whenever I can. Plus, you can get away with more in-depth discussions about the movie than here, which is more well-balanced with the other Pixar movies.

Anyway, it seems I have digressed a little, myself. So, uh… yeah, I still find ERIC a little creepy, and like DHOSW said, I wonder what is his purpose (which goes against the movie’s ‘designed for function’ theme)… :question:

I mentioned the Walleforum.com site because both you and wallefanatic had referred to it. So I did a search over there using ‘E-RIC’ to reveal a considerable result. I wasn’t happy with what I read, finding most of it “inane”, like you said is often the case. Admittedly, they are usually the first to discover something online about Wall-E, and they scoop us here. That icon has been around 13 months, and it was embarrassing not to have seen it by now!

Well, his real ‘directive’ at this point is just to be cute (creepy? ok then, put him in a Halloween special), since it’s just an icon and not part of any Wall-E2 sequel or Disney channel special. If he were to be developed into a real animated character, then Pixar would have their say-so and make sure he does something with that build, unlike the silly robots in the Blue Sky movie, Robots. From a standpoint inside an animated feature: since he is young, maybe he or his parents haven’t chosen a profession for him. After all, he was clearly made in some way by Wall-E and Eve, and not by BnL. So there is some maneuvering room there.

Btw, who owns the image of that icon? Since its an extension of Pixar/Disney trademarks, is it shared in some nebulous legal way? Let’s just say they want to use it in “Wall-E Brings in the First Harvest with Help from E-RIC and his Creepy Friends, only on the Disney Channel, brought to you by thedriveintheater”. Would they have to get permission from Artua?

…Uh… actually, raises hand meekly I kinda sorta do check for new WALL-E stuff rather frequently. Not specifically on WALL-E Forum (though I probably should since those guys are news hounds) but a lot. xD;

I’ve seen this character a few times. I just honestly didn’t find E-RIC’s design that interesting, so I didn’t bring it up. I go more for the child designs that are still focussed on directive along with making them look like WALL-E and EVE. I was a bit more picky with my posts here and tend to spam most of my “random but cool!” stuff over on buy-n-large @ LJ. If I knew others would like it so much I would have brought it up. I’m sorry. xD;

LOL, I really had no idea that E-RIC was such a talked about character in the fanbase already. :laughing:

That’s why we need to go over there more often and catch up on what they are doing or have found. We are lucky that wallefanatic comes by, he is someone of note over there but has a different name so he can remain ‘in cognito’.

Back to E-RIC: He seems more like Eve, and that makes sense since he is a child, and children are cuddled and raised mostly by their mothers till adolescence. E-RIC has a round body, I still think he looks a bit too much like Eve. But that may be a device to make him more childlike, not just smaller than his parents.

I like the design, since its got features reminicent of both of them. I never thought of them as being parents though. It just never crossed my mind that they would think of “having a kid” or in this case “making a kid”.

He’s a good combination of the two, but he looks creepy! It looks a bit advanced for something WALL-E and EVE could build though (where did they get the parts?).