• Ben Burtt as WALL•E/M-O
  • Elissa Knight as EVE
  • Jeff Garlin as Captain
  • MacInTalk as AUTO
  • John Ratzenberger as John
  • Kathy Najimy as Mary
  • Sigourney Weaver as Ship’s Computer

0 voters

My absolute favourite would have to be Ben Burtt. Some of his voice acting as WALL•E gives me the shivers. I also like how he’s 60 years old but he has that childlike, youthful quality in his voice. My second favourite would either be Elissa Knight or Sigourney Weaver because I like when Sigourney says “five” when she’s counting down the self-destruct sequence. It just sounds cool.

I would like to know if AUTO’s voice (MacInTalk) was altered in any way, or they left the words exactly how MacInTalk would have said it.

Ben Burtt, hands down. There are so many little sounds from WALL-E that I adore (when he’s ‘singing’ Put On Your Sunday Clothes’ in his home, the distress in his voice when he’s running to EVE after the ship lands, when he practices saying EVE’s name while holding his hands out, etc etc.).

For me it would be Jeff Garlin as the Captain. I just liked the way he portrayed the character. He was funny without being stupid at the same time. Not to mention he has the most speech out of anybody. Yeah WALL-E’s cute and all, but I still went the captain.

Of course, Ben Burtt. I have to give him credit for modifying voices for many characters.

Well, personally, I also like Elissa Knight as EVE. I love EVE’s voice. (no comment on Tia’s voice [Cars] though)

And another one, MacInTalk for Auto.
“Aye aye, sir.”
Cool.

I love Jeff Garlin’s voice. It’s extremely jolly and comical.

I liked hearing Kathy Najimy’s voice. I love her. x)

For me, it has to be Elissa Knight. All the voice actors, direct or not, are amazing in WALL-E, but EVE just wouldn’t be the same without that trademark feminine giggle. Ben Burtt comes in a close second, but more because of M-O’s 'woah, woah, woah!'s than WALL-E himself, although all of WALL-E’s little beeps and squeaks are so incredible in the way that they communicate what WALL-E himself can’t say. And Auto’s voice is so cool too, though I think they must’ve altered some of what he says, Rachel, because although most of the time he speaks very flatly, there are a few occassions where he actually seems to convey emotion through his voice, like when he says, ‘Captain?’ He actually sounds quite worried and you can tell it’s a question from the way his voice goes up in the second syllable. Though perhaps the MacInTalk does that automatically with questions? I’m not sure.

jeff. :wink:

Ben Burt easily.

lizardgirl: I saw on the DVD that Ben Burtt uses this pen connected to a computer as well as a keyboard to give the sound files a little tweak by either moving the pen up or down or pressing a key on the keyboard to give it a higher or lower pitch. I think that’s what they might have done for AUTO, but please don’t take my word for it. It’s just a guess. :wink:

I have to say completely and honestly that Elissa Knight was my absolute FAVE voice actress. She gave EVE such a beautiful voice, and sometimes I watch different parts of WALL-E just to hear EVE speak. It’s so amazing. But Ben Burtt and Jeff Garlin definitely come second place. I couldn’t tell you which of the two I prefer, though. :laughing:

And of course, John Ratzenberger is amazing in every Pixar movie!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Elissa Knight does beautiful work as EVE, so I had to go with her, but then again Ben Burtt worked the magic of pretty much every robot in the movie so he deserves props too. My next pick would’ve been Mr. Burtt as the lovable little robot, how can you resist WAAAALL-EE??!!
I also give honorable mentions to Jeff Garlin and Kathy Najimy for their performances, they’re both amazing actors. Last but not least, John Ratzenberger brought us yet another lively character, yet his voice sounds just right for the part and new.
I have got to say, Pixar casts the perfect people 99.9% of the time.

As a ‘Mac User’, I can tell you that the default MacInTalk does not sound like AUTO. It was the first thing I tried! I believe that it was lowered, and tweaked, because even though MacInTalk is one of the best, inflections never sound the same from a straight computer voice. Maybe in the future… :laughing:

-C-3PO

Aah, that’s interesting, C-3PO. So Auto’s voice was tweaked after all, as red suggested. His voice is very deep, so I guess it wouldn’t make sense for the normal MacInTalk voice to be that deep. :laughing:

Same for me, I thought Elissa Knight was perfect as EVE. They most definetly have a trademark on that giggle.

I like the way The Captain was voiced. I also like Eve’s voice, but I voted for Jeff.

Elissa Knight, I hope she will cast on Andrew’s John Carter of Mars as a live actress.

Considering rumors for the movie that it will be live action/CGI

Aw, Benny’s coming in second place to Elissa Knight! :frowning:

Thanks for the explanations on AUTO’s voice, lizardgirl and C-3PO. I thought that Pixar must have altered the voice in pitch to give him more expression, especially when he says “Captain? … Captain?”. Now, I wonder who does the voice for M-O when he says “Foreign Contaminant”. It doesn’t sound like Ben Burtt…

Kinda doubt it, she’s a pixar employee, I mean no offense to her, but I think she’s just gonna be in a few future Pixar movies, because she seemed pretty nervous just being the voice of EVE, even though I agree, she did a great job especially with her giggle, and it would be nice to see her actually act in a live action film, though it’s highly doubtful. But I have NO doubts for her voicing in more Pixar films.

Lol. Tia and Mia kinda scared me acting all sugar-high.

Elissa Knight ALL THE WAY!!!

I mean, there’s just a perfect mix of cute, sweet, and playful to her voice, and it goes so perfectly with EVE.

I voted Elissa Knight because I love EVE’s voice, it’s really sweet. Even though the credit should go mostly to Ben Burtt because he manipulated her voice or whatever. But yeah, I adore EVE’s giggle, it’s really cute.

I also really admire Ben Burtt, I’ve been fan of the Star Wars movies, and E.T. so I am amazed that he hasn’t run out of ideas for sounds and voices for characters. Props to him

I am also a Sigourney Weaver fann, and you have to love Jeff Garlin!

Of all animated movies, this movie is one of my favorites when it comes to voice casting. Right up there with Princess and the Frog, Ratouille, Monsters Inc, and Pocahontas as far as cast goes.