The "Gels" & the aliens from "Lifted&quot

Have any of you ever watched the Pixar short “Lifted”? It is included on the Ratatouille DVD. I have and a curious thought came to me after I watched it yesterday on YouTube. You know the abandoned idea for the humans on the Axiom, the “Gels” right? Well don’t the aliens in this Pixar short and the “Gels” look quite similar don’t you think? I find it eerily cool and strange at the same time. So what do you think?

One Of The Aliens From Lifted:

The “Gels”:

They look quite similar don’t you think?

I think the ‘jelly human’ idea for WALL-E was tested and used for Lifted’s aliens. Lifted was made during the production of WALL-E, wasn’t it? :confused:

…Well, maybe not. :frowning:

That’s a really good comparison, Bee-E. I hadn’t thought about it before, but you’re right- they do look very similar. I’m not sure when Lifted was made, but it does make sense for it to have been made during the production of WALL-E, as you said, killler123.

Though on the other hand, if Pixar had stuck to the original blobby alien people idea for WALL-E, any members of the audience who had seen both WALL-E and Lifted would associate one with the other, and I’m not sure Pixar would want that crossover between worlds, so to speak. Maybe once they’d abandoned the idea of using the blobby people for WALL-E, they were still attached to the general idea and thought it would be a shame for it to go to waste, therefore using it in Lifted?