Favourite Song in WALL•E, and why?

What’s Your Favourite Song Used in WALL•E?

• Put on Your Sunday Clothes
  • It Only Takes a Moment
  • Down to Earth
  • BnL

0 voters

What’s your favourite song (with lyrics) used in WALL•E, and why?

For me that is so hard to answer because they all do their job and aim to convey different messages. But if I had to pick it would be a tie between “IOTAM” and “POYSC”. I love “It Only Takes a Moment” because it’s just a pure romantic, love-profession and Michael Crawford’s voice is lovely. <3 But I could probably change my mind tomorrow and choose “Put on Your Sunday Clothes” for its happy, optimistic lyrics and tone. Darn you Pixar for choosing such great songs for your movies!

Ok, ok, I picked “IOTAM”. :smiley:

Put On Your Sunday Clothes!

I like the part “Out there, full of shine and full of sparkle” and “We’re gonna find adventure in the evening air. Girls in white in a perfumed night where the lights are bright as the stars!” Yes, for the same reason, rachelcakes1985, the song sounds really happy and full of hope. <3

After watching WALL-E a few times, I started to like humming this song for no reason. Now, it’s like a habit! I always hum this song when I’m bored. Geez, I never had the taste in this kind of music before though. :laughing:

I… I can’t choose.

I feel your pain, PewPewPew. Even “BnL” deserves a vote because it’s so darn catchy and ironic. They all do.

It was a hard decision to make but I chose Down To Earth because it… uh… its hard to explain. I think it just gets to me emotionally. (man, I never talk like that. What has Wall-E done to me?)

It was a tough decision for me. I love both Hello Dolly songs.

I picked Put On Your Sunday Clothes because it’s just a perfect juxstaposition to the state of Earth. But the rest of the songs are great and were placed geniously in the film too!

LOL! WALL-E has done the same thing to me too! :smiley:

Yeah. Down To Earth is my theme song.

If non-lyrical songs were an option, I would say Define Dancing. Simply gorgeous. Not surprising that it is nominated for a Grammy.

I like Define Dancing, but if to choose among the tracks in the poll - Down to Earth! :slight_smile:

They’re all great, but I went for Put On Your Sunday Clothes, simply because I absolutely adore the juxtoposition of such a cheery tune with the desolate wasteland that is now Earth that’s shown at the beginning of the film. Plus, it runs throughout the movie and to me, really epitomizes WALL-E as a whole.

My second favourite out of the selection is the Buy N Large jingle, which always makes me laugh with its cheesiness. :laughing: Down To Earth always reminds me of leaving the cinema and just being in awe of how amazing WALL-E is.

Down to Earth. I can’t stop listening to it… :angry:

Yeah, me too. And also the contrast between its happy nature, and then the score played after it, 2815 AD.

Bahh, Humbug. Old Scrooge here. None of the above. And I will elaborate later when I have finished this lemon and prune soup accented with garlic.

A few days ago I found myself listening to The First Date. I do not like the voices pah-pah-pah too much, but I love the music. It is one of my favorite styles - Chillout, and I like the flute in the end!
And Eve (which is in fact almost the same as Define Dancing, but has a paddish intro, slightly different sequence and it is shorter) is now my morning alarm music :smiley:

Guys, this is a thread/poll for which songs you like that have lyrics. If you want to discuss your other favourite tracks that do not have lyrics you could post it in the WALL•E Soundtrack thread, however.

“Down To Earth” because I became a big Peter Gabriel fan sometime around Wall-E’s premiere, and got all happy when I heard his voice in the end credits. :smiley: A big surprise for me, lol!

I chose Down to Earth because its lyrics so meaningful and inspiring, especially because I already had a green brain (since Finding Nemo) before listening to it.

POYSC

It got stuck in my head after I had watched Wall-E for the first time, so I was humming it in an infinite loop for about a week until I came across the song on YouTube.
Now I sing the song in an infinite loop.

But I feel kinda bad for the Pixarians who had to listen to it over and over again for four years. XD

I do NOT love BnL, as the song claims. Rather, I just sit there and soulessly watch it with no facial expression. Sound familar?

“It only takes a moment” is very good. If you live in my neighborhood, you would possibly catch an eyeful of me scootering to music on my digital recorder. That thing is always there with me, almost a part of me, like WALL·E’s. I do have Hello, Dolly songs on there, as well as my favorite intrumental song in this film, Directive A113. Foreign Contaminent is second.

Thomas Newman is an absolute genius. I liste to Directive A113 and Finding Nemo’s egg theme all day for writing inspiration. The Egg theme especially helped me with Auto’s Story at the death of Reardon. It also s crucial in the portions after the film. yeah, that’s right! Afterwards, as in epilogue!

It only Takes a Moment really grabs me. There you go.