WALL-E Builders Club

I tried posting in the WALL-E Builders thread but I guess if a thread gets too old it gets locked.

I wanted to share with you what we have been up to the past few months.

Here is a few WALL-E Builds currently in the works on the Original WALL-E Builders Club on Yahoo Groups.

[url]http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/wallebuilders/[/url]

Cory Pacione (MDF)

Tom Jozwiak (Fiberglass)

Felix Rodrigues (Cardboard)

I hope you enjoy them.

If you would like to build your own WALL-E come and join the fun.

Scot

I like the 3rd one! It has a very good paint job!

They will all be painted and weathered when they are finished.

Scot

Those are really cool! The proportions are just so perfect! It must’ve taken such a long time to build each of those.

It took a matter of a few months for all of them to be built but the amount of time it took to develop a set of dimensional drawing has taken much longer.

You will not find a better set of drawings anywhere else on the internet unless Pixar releases the real ones.

We are the Original WALL-E Builders Club founded on October 8th 2007 and are a non profit fan group of prop hobbyists that have mainly come from the R2 Builders Group [url]http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/r2builders/[/url] and the Replica Prop Forum [url]http://www.therpf.com/[/url].

We are not affiliated with Pixar or Disney and they control all the rights to WALL-E and anything else associated with the movie but someday we would like to have the same relationship that the R2 Builders has with Lucas film.
They assist George Lucas with Public Relations.

Anywhere he makes an appearance where he would like an R2-D2 or Storm Troopers and Darth Vader the R2 Builders and the 501st Legion show up for free.

They also do Charity work in Children’s Hospitals.

If anyone would like to watch or join the fun it’s free to join and you will not be bothered with requests for donations to keep the group running or store fronts showing items for sale that are not licensed by Pixar / Disney that you will find elsewhere.

Scot

Glad to know the Builders Group is still up and running, Ohio_Astromech!

My favourite would have to be the cardboard one - the paint job is amazing. I’d like to view the rest of the photos, but they can only be seen by members on that Yahoo Group, apparently. That would be great if you could eventually form some type of relationship with Disney/Pixar so you can use your WALL•Es in charity events and the like. You could always write to them and see what they say.

rachelcakes1985,

It’s free to join the Yahoo Group.
I keep it so that you have to ask to join so that spam is kept to a minimum.
I happened to catch 2 spammers so far.

We also want to keep the Club as family friendly as possible.
Early on I had banned someone because he used inappropriate language on the group and we haven’t had any problem since.

So far we have 518 members.

Out of those we have about 12 builders or at least that is the number of builders we know of.

I have been in contact with Pixar and they are fine with what we are doing as long as we are not doing this for profit.
They are watching us and we want to do our best to keep the group activities as transparent as possible while keeping the spammers out.

We do not have a storefront or anything requesting donations to pay for server fees like other WALL-E Builder groups have.
That is why we are on Yahoo Groups. It’s free.

Otherwise I could post some more images of other builder projects like CGI renders and lawn art.

Scot

Here is a few more images of the CGI WALL-E Builds we have in the club.

And the best WALL-E Costume I have ever seen.

Scot

Cory just added an update to his build a few minutes ago.

He’s getting tracks.

Heheh. I thought so. I had the opportunity to see some models of R2-D2 at the Star Wars exhibit that premiered at the Caifornia Science Center and, I believe, at the Star Wars: Celebration IV event at the Los Angeles Convention Center some years ago. The work that you guys have accomplished is astounding, and I admire your patience and persistence.

As for the WALL-E models: They’re equally as impressive and eye-catching. Fantastic work! :smiley:

– Mitch

I went to CIII in Indiana a few years ago.
I have never seen so many Droids in one place in my life.
We even got a chance to get our picture taken with George Lucas, the Real R2-D2 Rick McCallum, and Don Bies.

Thanks for the complement. We always try to bring out the detail in our work.

Scot

Is that true? I couldn’t even find an old ‘Builder’s’ thread. Is that the fate of all these threads… I’m new here.

Edit: thx Mitch for the heads up. And here we go, this is the link to the 3000 Views early summer thread from the archives entitled Wall•E Builder’s Group:

viewtopic.php?t=2865&start=0

Dang. That is so neat…

You’re most welcome for the support!

DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver - Once a thread disappears from a board due to inactivity (or if it is locked), it is immediately directed/transported to the “Archives” thread. The main “Archives” thread can be found here (in the link below), but there are also sub-archives in other sections of the boards:

Archives

– Mitch

Wow, the CGI models are just like the real thing! And yep, that is definitely the best WALL-E costume ever. :laughing: Though it looks pretty uncomfortable to wear!

That’s amazing!!! I didn’t know there was a group for making Wall-E’s. This has inspired me.

We’ve been around since October 8th 2007.
I started a thread on the R2 Builders Yahoo group and it grew so large WALL-E needed a club of his own.

Quite a few of our members are R2-D2 Builders and Replica Prop Builders.
Most people like to watch us work.

Tom Jozwiak just posted an update to his build.

Here are a few photos, I hope you like them.

Scot

I’ve looked thru both threads now, haven’t actually gone to your website. But saw a CGI model above. Does this mean that some in the Builder’s Group are also building virtual models and not just the ‘real’ ones?

If so, are they trying to make them move around, like the treads are able to do in real life? If you have seen the dvd, you know what I mean. [spoil]I was mightily impressed with the video of that fellow the Pixar people took during their research. It just makes the clunky Bomb Sniffer robot look absurd, altho it was quite able to climb up the stairs to the 2nd floor of Pixar . Is that the best they can do? I mean is that the most advanced publicly available mobile robot? [/spoil] So, I would love to see something done (or that I can do, tired of being a spectator)

Yes,
We have 2 or 3 members build CGI WALL-E’s.
The Body you see is one members while the eyes are that of another.

Here is the complete render of the body.
He used our drawings on the WALL-E Builders Yahoo Group to make his renders from.
He also help with fine tuning our drawings.
We do not have a website, just the Yahoo Group.
[url]http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/wallebuilders/[/url]

Here is an update video of Tom’s WALL-E Build.

[url]Tom's Wall E project - YouTube
I hope you enjoy it,

Scot

Those render photos are amazing. They could have come straight from a computer at Pixar, or something. Do you have any video footage of that render in motion, Ohio?